Couple questions for the insiders re: Early NFL kids

skeeter

Junior
Premium
Asked this another thread but didn't hear anything. I'm talking about the true junior kids. Not a Rivers or possibly Restrepo who have been here 4 and 5 years, likely have degrees or very close, and probably can't move up much. Talking about he 3 year kids…Who in all honestly their stock has slid a little bit.

Was there NIL upgrade discussion or a serious attempt made to keep KK, JWill, and LT. I think LT has fallen out of 1st round, maybe I'm wrong, the other two aren't going 1st round. And I know that that kids do leave all the time to go in 2-3-4-5 round I get it. But if not going to

But it is weird to bat .000 on keeping these kids? I mean we can't keep 1 of the 3 kids

So basically I'm asking did we try to keep them? (I'm not saying you don't want the kids to go get money, you never stand in the way of that ever, but at least make a sales pitch?). I mean the safeties, I like both kids…both are players and did a lot of good this year, actually thought besides a few really bad plays (getting dunked by the NCSt rb on the game-sealing td run) that J-Will made a huge leap this year…And KK well yes he's really good down-down But let's call it like it is, they made a lot of mistakes, some of them MASSIVE. I mean FSU kept the whole **** group of kids last year? And I've heard that NIL had a big part in that. I know that isn't the norm. But to see kids auto-declare immediately and whiff on all of them staying? (unless LT stays, but everyone on every board is saying this is a done deal). We can't go say 1-3 here and have one of them stay?

So yeah basically asking

A. Was any type of NIL upgrade offer made to get these kids to come back?
B. Do these kids just really not enjoy playing for Cristobal and staff and want to leave that bad? Is that why it's such a no brainer? I mean again, I just don't understand how it's such a done deal and we will go 0-3 here?
C. On a side note, is any type of sales pitch being made to JHH to stay, he is absolutely key right now…Was key if LT did stay, whole next level of important right now.

Any feedback welcome.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Asked this another thread but didn't hear anything. I'm talking about the true junior kids. Not a Rivers or possibly Restrepo who have been here 4 and 5 years, likely have degrees or very close, and probably can't move up much. Talking about he 3 year kids…Who in all honestly their stock has slid a little bit.

Was there NIL upgrade discussion or a serious attempt made to keep KK, JWill, and LT. I think LT has fallen out of 1st round, maybe I'm wrong, the other two aren't going 1st round. And I know that that kids do leave all the time to go in 2-3-4-5 round I get it. But if not going to

But it is weird to bat .000 on keeping these kids? I mean we can't keep 1 of the 3 kids

So basically I'm asking did we try to keep them? (I'm not saying you don't want the kids to go get money, you never stand in the way of that ever, but at least make a sales pitch?). I mean the safeties, I like both kids…both are players and did a lot of good this year, actually thought besides a few really bad plays (getting dunked by the NCSt rb on the game-sealing td run) that J-Will made a huge leap this year…And KK well yes he's really good down-down But let's call it like it is, they made a lot of mistakes, some of them MASSIVE. I mean FSU kept the whole **** group of kids last year? And I've heard that NIL had a big part in that. I know that isn't the norm. But to see kids auto-declare immediately and whiff on all of them staying? (unless LT stays, but everyone on every board is saying this is a done deal). We can't go say 1-3 here and have one of them stay?

So yeah basically asking

A. Was any type of NIL upgrade offer made to get these kids to come back?
B. Do these kids just really not enjoy playing for Cristobal and staff and want to leave that bad? Is that why it's such a no brainer? I mean again, I just don't understand how it's such a done deal and we will go 0-3 here?
C. On a side note, is any type of sales pitch being made to JHH to stay, he is absolutely key right now…Was key if LT did stay, whole next level of important right now.

Any feedback welcome.

I can't speak to all of what you're asking, but I wonder why you didn't mention the three guys who it looks like are going to come back (Lee, Rivers, and Kiko).

With regards to Kam, I understand completely. You have to imagine that while he was lying in that hospital bed he was realizing how quickly life can change. From all accounts, he's a smart kid who thinks things through thoroughly when it comes to his decision making. If we believe that then we have to believe that he spoke to his family and understands that this could be his best opportunity to go and make real money for 3-6 years.

To me, any conversation with any of our prospects who are considering the NFL should begin with how much we can insure them for against future earnings if they were to get injured during next season. Yes, I'm sure they want to come back and win a championship with the U. But, if the school and coaching staff isn't beginning with insurance policies for KK, JW, LT, Lee, JHH, Rivers, and Kiko, then we don't have leaders who are truly looking out for these young men and their families.

IMO, that's where the conversation has to begin.

I can't speak to all of what you're asking, but I wonder why you didn't mention the three guys who it looks like are going to come back (Lee, Rivers, and Kiko).

With regards to Kam, I understand completely. You have to imagine that while he was lying in that hospital bed he was realizing how quickly life can change. From all accounts, he's a smart kid who thinks things through thoroughly when it comes to his decision making. If we believe that then we have to believe that he spoke to his family and understands that this could be his best opportunity to go and make real money for 3-6 years.

To me, any conversation with any of our prospects who are considering the NFL should begin with how much we can insure them for against future earnings if they were to get injured during next season. Yes, I'm sure they want to come back and win a championship with the U. But, if the school and coaching staff isn't beginning with insurance policies for KK, JW, LT, Lee, JHH, Rivers, and Kiko, then we don't have leaders who are truly looking out for these young men and their families.

IMO, that's where the conversation has to begin.

Fair question

I just don't think Kiko was going to go pro at all having just portalled in and I believe also being a true junior. So you make a point with him, I just feel like I never felt he was going. If he did it would have added to this and been 0 for 4…I'm not shocked the others went (I am mildly shocked they think they have acoomplished enough, but hey) but I would have been shocked if Kiko left.

And the other two, as I stated…I'm not talking about 5th and 6th year guys. That seemed to be locked into to 6-7th rounds

Advertisement
Kam let a Lousiville guy run the sideline with a 2 foot window and he scored.

JW is a liability for penalties waiting to happen.

JT- can’t tell DT. They may have a double team and doing their job. I’m guessing he is most important.

Advertisement
Back