Counters to be suspended 2 years?

Advertisement
Almost had to downvote you...
Ha.

Notwithstanding my tongue in cheek comments you know this IC / Shirt stuff and I didn't. But I definitely learned from reading your posts (and your referring to the actual rules).

So, much apppreciated on my end. 😉

I hate to say it, but the big losers in this will be the end-of-bench guys. If you aren't in the two-deep, and weren't recruited by that coach, you will be dumped into the portal and replaced.

One of the reasons they have a 25-limit is to protect players from this action. If a coach can cut you and replace you without restriction, you will see a lot of kids get the boot whose only sin was not being good enough for a program that chose to offer you.

The NCAA is rapidly turning into a mechanism for the top programs to keep their grip on being a top program rather than any sort of organization to promote the wellbeing of its players.

You stole my post. Signing a LOI and enrolling as a freshman becomes basically the same thing as a tryout now. Your education is not guaranteed. A school could cut half its recruiting class after five months and re-stock. A lot of those kids aren't going to find a new home, and the ones that do are going to take the place of other HS kids that would have gotten a 'ship.

This is going to kill graduation rates IMO and reduce what it means to be a student-athlete. I get raising the counter cap for two years, but unlimited? Bad idea.

Ha.

Notwithstanding my tongue in cheek comments you know this IC / Shirt stuff and I didn't. But I definitely learned from reading your posts (and your referring to the actual rules).

So, much apppreciated on my end. 😉

Much respect!

I'm glad I can use some of my unutilized brain capacity to help clarify things for my fellow Canes fans. The NCAA rules are infuriating.

At two different times at UM, I roomed with athletes, one was not very well known, one is a UM HOF'er. I remember all the nonsense that they had to put up with due to the NCAA rules and UM enforcement.

Advertisement
Back