***Countdown to Kickoff Thread 2017***

View as article
And Michael Smith, who everyone forgets was a **** good LB with Mogran and Webster before he blew out his knee early in 99 (Penn State game, maybe?)

View attachment 47015

Athletically, very few compare to Smith (pre injury) at LB here at UM.

He towered over the other LBs. Webster was listed at 6-0, but there's no way he was more than 5-10. Morgan was listed at 6-3 in college and shrunk to 6-2 in the NFL, and I bet he was closer to 6-0. Smith was a legit 6-3/6-4, 240.

Advertisement
I know that Mike Smith got creamed against Syracuse on the blindside...I was like oh ****!

They knocked his helmet off and then kicked it down the field.

To go from such a brutal loss to beating UCLA was crazy.

I know that Mike Smith got creamed against Syracuse on the blindside...I was like oh ****!

Yeah man he was done for the day after that...what an a$$ kicking we took that day. But, we came back strong and got our face back.

That was '98. He played the first few games of '99. I know he played against Penn State, and I don't think he played against FSU, so it must have been in the PSU game.

Advertisement
He blew out his knee against PSU iirc.

Chris Campbell took over and was very good for the next couple seasons.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Yeah man he was done for the day after that...what an a$$ kicking we took that day. But, we came back strong and got our face back.

That was '98. He played the first few games of '99. I know he played against Penn State, and I don't think he played against FSU, so it must have been in the PSU game.

That was against Syracuse and the 66-13 thumpin at the carrier dome.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Didn't post Barrow on purpose so the Old heads can have their moment to tell us youngins how we don't know anything about Hurricane History lol.

Marlin Barnes. RIP. I'll never forget his roommate, Earl Little scoring a TD against Temple in '96 and pointing to the sky honoring him, and the ref throwing a flag for excessive celebration, because, you know, Miami.

tucsvkqr3eghpfdt8zhs.jpg

Advertisement
Back