***Countdown to Fall Camp 2017***

Saban got blasted for comparing Bama's loss against Louisiana Monroe to Pearl Harbor.

I wonder if CMR will catch **** for his Ground Zero comment.

Advertisement
Why are UM coaches always looking to skip practices? Folden would blow off entire final weeks of practice time. Now Rick doesn't want to take advantage of the full 29 allowed.

I don't want to hear **** about freshmans not knowing plays or assignments if we blow off 5 or 6 full days of practice. You don't have to go hard all 29 practices, but it's buffoonish to leave 6 chances to teach on the table.

Why are UM coaches always looking to skip practices? Folden would blow off entire final weeks of practice time. Now Rick doesn't want to take advantage of the full 29 allowed.

I don't want to hear **** about freshmans not knowing plays or assignments if we blow off 5 or 6 full days of practice. You don't have to go hard all 29 practices, but it's buffoonish to leave 6 chances to teach on the table.

This is a legitimate gripe but the only reason I can think of is to preserve the bodies.

We don't yet have the luxury of moving a practice indoors, although we could practice at night. But then you'd have to turn around and practice the next morning.

This is a legitimate gripe but the only reason I can think of is to preserve the bodies.

We don't yet have the luxury of moving a practice indoors, although we could practice at night. But then you'd have to turn around and practice the next morning.

Take the practices you opt to skip and make them super light work without pads. Skipping 6 full practices, especially with a brand new QB who is completely unsettled, is borderline incompetent.

I'm guessing his logic is that they've been doing installs in the Summer, so he doesn't feel they need all 29 in the Fall.

The light workouts that would be the 4-5 he's not going to use in the Fall, I'm assuming they're already doing the equivalent (without pads) this Summer.

I don't necessarily agree with it, I certainly would use those extra practices to work on perfecting specific plays that we're going to be running in crunch time & money downs.

And if the concern is overworking or potential injury, just go light pads, practice for half the time & let the players have some kickback time for the rest of what would be the practice.

Last edited:
Advertisement
They're practicing 23 of the first 26 days in August, which is going to suck.

Hopefully they don't diddle around on those off days and spend that time dissecting film until they go blind.

I'm guessing his logic is that they've been doing installs in the Summer, so he doesn't feel they need all 29 in the Fall.

The light workouts that would be the 4-5 he's not going to use in the Fall, I'm assuming they're already doing the equivalent (without pads) this Summer.

I don't necessarily agree with it, I certainly would use those extra practices to work on perfecting specific plays that we're going to be running in crunch time & money downs.

And if the concern is overworking or potential injury, just go light pads, practice for half the time & let the players have some kickback time for the rest of what would be the practice.

Working in the summer without coaches is great, but why bother practicing with coaches ever if you can do the same on your own? I couldn't imagine leaving 5 or 6 chances to teach unused especially when breaking in a brand new QB.

Working in the summer without coaches is great, but why bother practicing with coaches ever if you can do the same on your own? I couldn't imagine leaving 5 or 6 chances to teach unused especially when breaking in a brand new QB.
I wouldn't either...

But I guess one way of looking at it, is you can basically count Bethune & Ark St as glorified Scrimmages/practices as well.

Advertisement

and then bowl practices are gods gift to life, don't get it

Lol at a clown calling tactics of a real Head Coach buffoonish.... this common practice is obviously new to you. Go play in traffic

Advertisement
"I don't wanna hear ****" [MENTION=4841]The Franchise[/MENTION] is the king of bxtchn, panicking, and whining like a tough guy

Kansas+State+vs+Miami+4_1dTZTeC4Ux.jpg

Bump

Advertisement
LOL anyone questioning Richt.

As a head coach, fine.

But as a play caller? He deserves all the questioning in the world for ****ing away 4 winnable games last October. We gave away the Coastal last year as a result of some of the most conservative play calling I've ever seen over a 4 game stretch.

I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and see what happens this year...but the offense HAS to improve this year. I don't give a F if we line up Mickey Mouse at QB this year, the schedule is pure dog **** and it's time for CMR to have his side of the ball hold up their own weight a little.

Advertisement
Back