Official Countdown to Canes Football- Game Day

Ur my boy blue!
e78666e0-deb8-4aab-98ba-81b2d20b6065_110335884520201.gif

I chose this one over the gif at Blue's funeral ;-)

Advertisement
Advertisement

Two reminders for us old timers about Coker and Gore:

The first is that Butch Davis didn't want to pursue "cousins" Frank Gore and Roscoe Parrish. So as soon as Coker got the job, he immediately made those two a priority. That's the good Coker story.

Before the 2002 Fiesta Bowl, Frank Gore's recovery was complete and there was talk our defense couldn't stop him in practiSe. So what happens when McGahee gets injured in the game? Choker refuses to use Gore because he wants to preserve Gore's injury redshirt year. Of course, Gore leaves early anyway, meaning there was zero advantage for holding out a future hall of famer against the Suckeyes.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement

The first is that Butch Davis didn't want to pursue "cousins" Frank Gore and Roscoe Parrish. So as soon as Coker got the job, he immediately made those two a priority. That's the good Coker story.

Before the 2002 Fiesta Bowl, Frank Gore's recovery was complete and there was talk our defense couldn't stop him in practiSe. So what happens when McGahee gets injured in the game? Choker refuses to use Gore because he wants to preserve Gore's injury redshirt year. Of course, Gore leaves early anyway, meaning there was zero advantage for holding out a future hall of famer against the Suckeyes.

Coker prolly thought he'd be in the Natty game every year with an attitude like that making such a bone headed decision. You never know the next time you'll make it to the end, in any sport, when you arrive in that moment you gotta empty all the reserves at your opponent. Gore could've definitely made a difference for us.

That and not using Berlin in shotgun all the time are capital crimes.

All I’m hoping for is the injury bug doesn’t bite us. I guessing everyone in contention plays Saturday.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back