Official Countdown to Canes Football- Game Day

Advertisement
Wesley Snipes Dance GIF by Major League

1658625612404.gif

GO CANES!!!

Advertisement

I yearn to hear the phrase “just too fast on defense” again. D Smith was sooo good for us, & he also had a very productive FB career.

Me & boy, who’s an avid Cowboys fan discussed how shady Dallas did him. This was the time Jerry started being on some bull chit. D Smith quite possibly may have had one of the more underrated & under appreciated NFL LB careers in my memories. Really solid stats in several seasons, never considered or sniffed the pro bowl despite some really good seasons, and I believe he’s the only player in NFL history w/ 2 collegiate & 2 professional championships

Meriweather & Rodney Harrison r two old school, hard hitting safeties that got caught playing in the wrong era. If both played in the 80’s or early 90’s, I believe Brandon’s career would’ve been longer, more accolades given to him, & w/ Harrison, he would’ve had more pro bowls & in the HOF no ?. Both played at a time when the NFL started to frown upon hard hits. Both deemed dirty players vs. enforcers.

Advertisement
I yearn to hear the phrase “just too fast on defense” again. D Smith was sooo good for us, & he also had a very productive FB career.

Me & boy, who’s an avid Cowboys fan discussed how shady Dallas did him. This was the time Jerry started being on some bull chit. D Smith quite possibly may have had one of the more underrated & under appreciated NFL LB careers in my memories. Really solid stats in several seasons, never considered or sniffed the pro bowl despite some really good seasons, and I believe he’s the only player in NFL history w/ 2 collegiate & 2 professional championships

I didn’t know about the championship fact. That’s a good trivia question.

Meriweather & Rodney Harrison r two old school, hard hitting safeties that got caught playing in the wrong era. If both played in the 80’s or early 90’s, I believe Brandon’s career would’ve been longer, more accolades given to him, & w/ Harrison, he would’ve had more pro bowls & in the HOF no ?. Both played at a time when the NFL started to frown upon hard hits. Both deemed dirty players vs. enforcers.

Meriweather only started that many games with the Pats due to injuries. Replaced Harrison in 08 and then started every game in 09, made the pro bowl and wasn’t a full time starter in 2010 (the helmet to helmet hits played a role as well).

You’re right tho, he was generation too late.

Advertisement
Meriweather only started that many games with the Pats due to injuries. Replaced Harrison in 08 and then started every game in 09, made the pro bowl and wasn’t a full time starter in 2010 (the helmet to helmet hits played a role as well).

You’re right tho, he was generation too late.
Meriweather catching Calvin Johnson from behind at Bobby Dodd is one of the more impressive things I’ve ever seen

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back