Official Countdown to Canes Football- Game Day

Advertisement
Much like Frank Gore picking up a blitz, booty #94 gets all up in your face.

Ice Cube Movie GIF

**** right.

GO CANES!
I like that she already has her hand wrapped. Ready for action.

**** autocorrect for Jedd*

Maaaaaaaaan, talk about a career wasted. I know we don’t talk about Stephen that much, but he & Berlin may be two of our most under appreciated QBs here. Would love if he could or would come back around the family.

That Jr yr, iirc, Morris was around 278/g, & at around 2 TDs & less than 1 int/g that season. I mean they weren’t world beater #’s, but we had a very solid O that season. The problem was, that NoD def was absolutely putrid!!!

I think we beat Duke by the score of 52-45 to close out the season, and two weeks prior, lost to UVA 40-41. The def was hemorrhaging points that yr. It was either we were in shoot outs w/ Morris having heavy ammunition or we showed up to the gun fight w/ a BB gun w/ the opposition having an AK.

2013, Morris took a step back losing Fisch as OC w/ Coley taking the reigns. Better record, but that explosion wasn’t quite there. I think if Fisch came back in 2013, Morris could’ve been a 3rd-4th round draft pick vs. a UDFA.

Advertisement
Maaaaaaaaan, talk about a career wasted. I know we don’t talk about Stephen that much, but he & Berlin may be two of our most under appreciated QBs here. Would love if he could or would come back around the family.

That Jr yr, iirc, Morris was around 278/g, & at around 2 TDs & less than 1 int/g that season. I mean they weren’t world beater #’s, but we had a very solid O that season. The problem was, that NoD def was absolutely putrid!!!

I think we beat Duke by the score of 52-45 to close out the season, and two weeks prior, lost to UVA 40-41. The def was hemorrhaging points that yr. It was either we were in shoot outs w/ Morris having heavy ammunition or we showed up to the gun fight w/ a BB gun w/ the opposition having an AK.

2013, Morris took a step back losing Fisch as OC w/ Coley taking the reigns. Better record, but that explosion wasn’t quite there. I think if Fisch came back in 2013, Morris could’ve been a 3rd-4th round draft pick vs. a UDFA.
Preach. Wasn't he nursing an ankle or toe his last season too? His balls seemed to sail and had less zip on them iirc.

Not trying to build the legend of Stephen Morris after the fact but he was definitely a victim of having zero support on the other side of the ball.

He without a doubt should've been a 1st round draft pick with his eating a "Snickers with a smirk on his face" Heisman moment...

Advertisement
Preach. Wasn't he nursing an ankle or toe his last season too? His balls seemed to sail and had less zip on them iirc.

Not trying to build the legend of Stephen Morris after the fact but he was definitely a victim of having zero support on the other side of the ball.

Yeah; he was hurt & soldiered through a hurt ankle, plus a new scheme, plus Duke got hurt against FSU, plus No F’s scheme put so much pressure on the O. Usually it’s the opposite, but it was pressure af to score or keep drives alive b/c that def was putrid. Although, No D tried to claim 2013 was a solid Total D ranking, so his scheme was just fine. Smh.

I always liked Morris but his lack of accuracy was going to keep him from ever being a high level quarterback. He’d throw a 40 yard dime and follow it up with a screen pass in the dirt. The offense was pretty much big play or nothing with him. That’s also the last time we had what I’d consider to be a good offensive line.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Wish my colts would've given him a shot during those dark years

Advertisement
Back