Official Countdown to Canes Football- Game Day

Advertisement
ezgif-2-361e186f04.gif

GO CANES!!

Advertisement

Dare say an under appreciated Cane & NFL RB?

We talk Edge, we talk Willis, we talk Frank, but Clint gets lost in the mix, at times.

Regarding his NFL career, Rookie Yr: 1500 yrds rushing, 1870 total yrds & 17 TDs. OROY, yet no pro bowl.

These were the backs selected over him:
-Curtis Martin: 1400 total yards 7 TDs
-Jerome Bettis: 667 yrds 9 TDs
-Corey Dillion: 1600 total yards 7 TDs

I’ve yet to find a RB to put up 1800 total yards in a single season, w/ 10+ TDs & not make a pro bowl. Maybe I’m missing one, but I haven’t found one yet.

He puts up 1550 total yrds 7 TDs in Washington in 2004, showing he wasn’t a system back, no pro bowl.

He puts up 1700+ total yards 11 TDs in 2005, no pro bowl

Comes back from an injury, & puts up 1600+ total yards 11 TDs, AGAIN, no pro bowl!

Injuries took out his remaining 2 yrs, but out of Portis’ 9 yr career, he should’ve had at a minimum 5 Pro Bowls, but imo, 6. When he was healthy, which was for 6 of his 9 yrs, FA SHO, he was one of the best backs in the game w/ no love.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
@hoops156 how could hate on these unis?!? This hit was epic & I remember it like it was yesterday! B Meriweather had a solid NFL career, too. Rule changes made him less effective, but was he was terror under the old rules. Made it very dangerous to cross the middle.
I dont like this stupid thing on the back. I personally thought they ruined the 01 style jerseys when they came out w these and nike design just went downhill from there imo. these were better than the bra strap crap though. like I said, I think our template is the best we've had since 01 and that mock up someone posted is even better. im good w even keeping the same template w nike but that wont happen obviously.

@hoops156 how could hate on these unis?!? This hit was epic & I remember it like it was yesterday! B Meriweather had a solid NFL career, too. Rule changes made him less effective, but was he was terror under the old rules. Made it very dangerous to cross the middle.
meariwether was great. he just couldn't play in todays game with the new rules. he still had a solid career though.

Advertisement
Back