Count Another Big Time Recruit Out

they dont have to dog miami, all the local hs coaches think golden and his staf are morons

Advertisement
Ostensibly, no, not to stop GT but I'm sure he knew it would help with GT knowing that GT would be more of a threat than Miami. IMO.

Jimbo doesn't even respect golden and you can see - he let coley go to miami without a fight, he hired kelly away from GT to gain an advantage over the one team that jimbo knew would be competing against fsu for accgs. Even in the wake of the UM-FSU game when you started hearing comments from the fsu side about how miami has as much talent as anyone on their schedule - translation, the coaching sucks.

Pretty sure FSU matched our offer to Coley. Don't think that qualifies as "without a fight".

Issue here was FSU just wanted Coley for recruiting, not to be actual O-Coord.

Advertisement
Jimbo doesn't even respect golden and you can see - he let coley go to miami without a fight, he hired kelly away from GT to gain an advantage over the one team that jimbo knew would be competing against fsu for accgs. Even in the wake of the UM-FSU game when you started hearing comments from the fsu side about how miami has as much talent as anyone on their schedule - translation, the coaching sucks.

Pretty sure FSU matched our offer to Coley. Don't think that qualifies as "without a fight".

No, the issue is that Jimbo didn't want to give up playcalling duties and Coley wanted to call plays as any OC would.

No, the issue is that Jimbo didn't want to give up playcalling duties and Coley wanted to call plays as any OC would.

Exactly what I said. SMH. Fisher wanted him for recruiting with just the title of O-Coord. No way n **** would FSU let COley call the offense. They know what we know now that Coley is in way over his head.

Watched the FSU vs GT game last night with several friends and a TOP Tampa DL parents were there. Out of respect to them I won't mention their name, but it was the second time I had met them. Let me just say this, his dad, son and family are all Canes fans big time! But here is where the train left the tracks fast. 0-100 real fast! We talked in depth for a long time during the game. This brother told me, "I'm a Canes fan not a Canes fool. Them MF'ers ain't got a clue in **** what they doing". "He mentioned Miami as a school his son was interested in and a coach from FSU, "laughed" and said even if you don't come here (FSU) don't let your son go to Miami". His father was pretty clear about his thoughts on Al Golden and said when they come for their visit next week he won't even be there to look at that MF'er.

There was lots more, but you get the picture. Although I am a Golden detractor, I was sad to get confirmation of the depth of disdain for Al and the administrations lack to act swiftly.

Yawn...

Advertisement
Back