Could We Keep Them Home IF

Let’s say we come out strong and beat UF decisively and pretty much handle the rest of our schedule the same which would of course include FSU... 12-0 Headed into Charlotte against Clemson if we put up a good fight or even win does it shift the recruiting landscape for us to land more of these Top Recruits in SFL? So many people say win and they’ll come but its like a lot of these kids or their parents/handlers look for any excuse for them to get away anyways. I just have a feeling that a lot of OOS kids are gonna be a part of Miami returning to dominance before the majority of local kids wanna jump on board.

It would definitely help, but let's just say that Saban and Dabo didn't start their current gigs with titles....they $tarted by building the ro$ter$ nece$$ary to consistently be in the title hunt. Since we don't have the resources to cheat comparatively, we definitely could use ground breaking year like you describe.

UM

Advertisement
It would be nice.
25 of the top 350 recruits in the Nation.
Sprinkle in some hot-shot oos QB and a foreign punter and we're good to go.

If we run the table in our schedule

Win/keep the Clemson game competitive

Win our New Years bowl game...

Yeah we will easily cruise to a top 10 class but we will always lose a couple of guys to the Bag (dumeevil, avante, etc)

/2021 will be a top 3 class if so

We have t win for a few years show life, cant be just a fluke season
This, you can't just pull a random 10 win season out of your *** and expect the top kids to automatically jump aboard. You've got to string together some quality seasons and build momentum. We were making that type of progress before last season bit us in the *** and we took a step back again.

How do you win if they won't come here?

This is the flip side of the coin.....

We complain about players leaving SoFla, bags, wins, etc. (used to be IPF, dorm facilities, and the stadium).
Buttttttttt......if we do not win, the incentive to get the talent to come to our U is diluted.....

I have not heard yet, the answer to that logical question.............if you do not have the talent to build the wins, what incentives would we have to keep them here in SoFla, and more directly get the SFla. recruits selecting our U?...

Winning teams (Bama, and Clemsuck) are building on awesome talent
of 4 &5 stars....year after year.They reload.

We are still figuring out what to load.
No logical answers given yet for a valid question..

Advertisement
we should NEVER fall out of the top 12 in recruiting rankings. that should be the first consistant goal...hitting on your needs and remaining consistent to that. Casting as wider net....which it looks like they are doing in this class...something i NEVER understood why we didnt do considering THE U is a national brand.

Cant let south florida dictate everything..this is coming from me the ultimate south florida guy, but they play ball else where as well...key is we need to be those places just like Bama/GA come down here.

That NYC run last class was a great start

How do you win if they won't come here?

Need to get a transcendent type QB if you’re not going to get all the 5 stars like UGA, Bama, and OSU. All the teams that have won big besides those three have had a transcendent QB at the helm. Clemson Watson/Sunshine, Oklahoma Mayfield/Murray, FSU Winston, UF Tebow, Texas Young, Auburn Cam, Oregon became a thing because of Mariota, Atm became a thing because of Manziel, etc. Clemson has now turned into Bama/UGA in recruiting but they got there because of hitting big on Watson.

IDC if we had Saban Dabo or Meyer, we wouldn’t be winning National Championships with Rosier, Morris, Harris, Marve, etc. If Kaaya had a Bama roster or our 2001 roster he could have won big but he wasn’t transcendent because of his statue esque mobility.

Let’s say we come out strong and beat UF decisively and pretty much handle the rest of our schedule the same which would of course include FSU... 12-0 Headed into Charlotte against Clemson if we put up a good fight or even win does it shift the recruiting landscape for us to land more of these Top Recruits in SFL? So many people say win and they’ll come but its like a lot of these kids or their parents/handlers look for any excuse for them to get away anyways. I just have a feeling that a lot of OOS kids are gonna be a part of Miami returning to dominance before the majority of local kids wanna jump on board.

Yes according to everyone on here if we win everyone will come. at least that is what we are supposed to believe

Yeah, it’ll definitely help. The way it’s been, even without bags, a lot of kids would choose the top, well-run programs over the staphs we’ve trotted out.

I also agree with OP that OOS kids don’t have the same perspectives as what we see locally. They could actually come in and win and help make us more desirable to local kids.
This is exactly what I think will happen. Kids like to be cool almost as much as they like $$

Advertisement
I think if something like that were to happen the bandwagon would go crazy

You can't compete in recruiting or on the field. When you're hiring bottom of the barrel guys and that has shown to be a fact since Butch. Richt was the biggest hire this program made since Davis and it was a hire that at the time. Was about 15 years too late. This program has been a wasteland. For unproven coordinators/G5 flunkies and HS coaches.

**** we could've had the #1 recruiting class for the last 15 years and that wouldn't have changed who was coaching them. Us losing in the coastal has been on administration and their lack of commitment to the football program. I'm just speaking of the coastal because it is that pathetic. That we have only won it once. Our coaching hires have been that sickening. That even though we've had more talent than any other team in the coastal. We could only win it once and it took forever. Even Duke won it before us.

Where do you think a kid wants too play for 3 or 4 years. A program that is committed to paying for the best. Meaning staffs that HC salary rival the top NFL HC salary. OC and DC that make more than plenty of HC on the college level. The best position coaches along with ex HC as advisers. State of the art facilities and packed stadiums. Plenty of incentives that make you give 2 ***** about being in a rural town versus programs that aren't showing that kind of commitment.

We've squandered more talent than you can shake a stick at. Year after year you sit back and watch guys endure some of the worst coaching of all time and we wonder why guys go play elsewhere. **** you can't even be mad at the coaches for taking the gig. Who would turn down the chance.

I hope in spite of our cheap administration. Manny defense teamed up with Enos can do what the 4 previous guys before them couldn't do. That is to cake walk through the coastal and give Clemson a solid fight because i know in 4 years. If he can't get this done. They will just keep the wagon wheels a movin on the next hire.

What i would do too see 4 qtrs of great football in a phases.

We have been lightyears behind in terms of coaching staphs and facilities. We may finally have a head coach that's rapidly trying to catch up and truly understands the uniqueness that is the U. Time will tell and I think we'll have to be a bit patient because we didn't get where we're at overnight and a transformation won't happen overnight either.

Advertisement
Back