Could We Keep Them Home IF

Theedy50

Redshirt Freshman
Let’s say we come out strong and beat UF decisively and pretty much handle the rest of our schedule the same which would of course include FSU... 12-0 Headed into Charlotte against Clemson if we put up a good fight or even win does it shift the recruiting landscape for us to land more of these Top Recruits in SFL? So many people say win and they’ll come but its like a lot of these kids or their parents/handlers look for any excuse for them to get away anyways. I just have a feeling that a lot of OOS kids are gonna be a part of Miami returning to dominance before the majority of local kids wanna jump on board.

Advertisement
Win and we’ll get some.

Others will always opt for the bag.
Yeah, it’ll definitely help. The way it’s been, even without bags, a lot of kids would choose the top, well-run programs over the staphs we’ve trotted out.

I also agree with OP that OOS kids don’t have the same perspectives as what we see locally. They could actually come in and win and help make us more desirable to local kids.

Let’s say we come out strong and beat UF decisively and pretty much handle the rest of our schedule the same which would of course include FSU... 12-0 Headed into Charlotte against Clemson if we put up a good fight or even win does it shift the recruiting landscape for us to land more of these Top Recruits in SFL? So many people say win and they’ll come but its like a lot of these kids or their parents/handlers look for any excuse for them to get away anyways. I just have a feeling that a lot of OOS kids are gonna be a part of Miami returning to dominance before the majority of local kids wanna jump on board.
Cool, thanks 4 the analysis!

Yeah, it’ll definitely help. The way it’s been, even without bags, a lot of kids would choose the top, well-run programs over the staphs we’ve trotted out.

I also agree with OP that OOS kids don’t have the same perspectives as what we see locally. They could actually come in and win and help make us more desirable to local kids.

if there were no bags?

and UM was winning?

The "State of Miami" would be on such recruiting lockdown for Miami, it wouldn't even be fathomable.

once the last Bosa kid graduated from wherever, .... then OSU, UGA, ALA, and Clemson wouldn't have a prayer of stealing a South Florida 5 star that UM really wanted.

Advertisement
Just win games and see what happens. If we win and they still leave then atleast we will know it doesnt take some kind of magic equation to keep kids here.

For the past 15 years there has always been an obstacle. At first it was the team itself.
2 things can be correct. So while Clappy was hand picked by the team to continue that squad’s rightful place in history and not crash the Ferrari, he didn’t have the skill to replace the OME parts and if he did get them he didn’t know got to put them all together. The next 15 years after that have been conversed many times over.

So we sit here now with external obstacles that are covered with our last 15 years of underwhelming performance that has been kept afloat by the players that decided to stay and people like us that will always be fans. We wear the gear, buy season tickets and continue to speak of what was and what could be.

Our obstacles now are the recruits themselves.
And that obstacle has a barbed wire fence with bama Clemson and uga gear.
Sofla is littered with recruits that keep hearing about this team back when cell phones were bricks and also when most people didn’t have a pc or a cellphone. We’re a curiosity that occasionally pops its head in. We have a generation of kids that don’t value history at all.
My little nephew asked me “how can I get a girl to like me”. I answered him “give her a positive reason to talk about you to her friends or to her family and she’ll start liking you”
FSU lost a lot of games last year. Beating them will please us more than some 5 star recruit.
Dusting off uf will be nice but it wont get us Bowman.
So while those 2 teams will get the girls talking, it won’t make them think about us at night while they slip their fingers under their panties.
The automatic panty dropper of an obstacle is Clemson.
The final playoff spot runs through that team.
Just like you can’t leave it up to the refs, we can’t leave it up to some committee that may have some other agenda put us in the playoffs cause we played them close.

Gotta kill Bishop if you want the juice.

Last edited:
Advertisement

If we are routinely contenders it would change some kids minds but there will always be bag chasers. The game has changed too much to "put a fence up".

Sadly it would probably help with OOS kids more than local.

Last edited:
Bottom line is there’s no guarantee we’d get all of them but what the 2018 class proved is if we can win 10+ games were most likely going to get a top 10-12 class maybe not too 5 because of bags but top 10 classes over consecutive years will be the building block of title contention.

You'll never get everyone. Even if you go undefeated and win the championship for ten years straight. Someone is always going to get bought and paid for no matter what.

Advertisement
Will we get everyone we want? No. But we will be in a much better spot than we are now if we win.

Bottom line is there’s no guarantee we’d get all of them but what the 2018 class proved is if we can win 10+ games were most likely going to get a top 10-12 class maybe not too 5 because of bags but top 10 classes over consecutive years will be the building block of title contention.
Agreed. And the 2018 class only really had 1 OOS impact player and that was Brevin Jordan.

Advertisement
Go look at our recruiting classes back in 2000, 2001, 2002, even 2003 when we were winning we still didn't every top recruit from SoFla, it's impossible to get them all. Winning does help though, who doesn't want to play for a winner? If we can get what we need when we need it we'll be fine.

if there were no bags?

and UM was winning?

The "State of Miami" would be on such recruiting lockdown for Miami, it wouldn't even be fathomable.

once the last Bosa kid graduated from wherever, .... then OSU, UGA, ALA, and Clemson wouldn't have a prayer of stealing a South Florida 5 star that UM really wanted.
Bags matter but we’ve been such a shît show, I don’t think all of these kids needed bags to go to places that look competent, win and put kids in the NFL. JMO.

Miami could win 34 games in a row again and we wouldn't sign consistent Top 5 classes.

The goal should be to have enough success on the field and hire a recruiting staff competent enough to sign classes no worse than 10th. That's a realistic goal and can be attained with regularity if you put a good product on the field and hire a good staff.

Advertisement
Back