Could see Jedd Fisch Pulling This Off

what happened with A-11 again?

National rules for kick formations was changed making the formations illegal I believe.

Never heard of it before. Here's an article from wikipedia. I guess it's legal on 4th down in college.

http://http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A-11_offense

If the center picked up the ball and snapped it over his shoulder, I guess an alert lineman could hit the center as soon as he lifted it off the ground. Of course, who knows what to expect. I thought the QB was trying to hand the ball to an official.

This kind of reminds me of our trick play when we won our first college world series where we faked a missed pick off throw to first base, everybody started to chase an imaginary ball into the outfield, and I think the pitcher, who never threw the ball to first on the pick off attempt, easily picked off a runner who was on his way to second base. I believe this is the way it happened. I can't find a video on youtube, though. I wish somebody would post it.
Fraser was famous for his trick plays - I remember that one.

Fraser made college baseball. Love the dude.

Advertisement
I could see Jed Fisch being the canes next HC. Best OC we had here since Chud and he was killing it with no where near as much talent. If he can get S.Morris to throw for 580 the sky is the limit with Kayaa. Truth.
Betcha he could ID a good DC as well. Would be a little weird having a coach who never played though.

Why is it necessary for the HC to have played the game? Are you saying that a coach who never played lack certain abilities from a coaching standpoint. I'm not trying to be difficult but please explain.

I could see Jed Fisch being the canes next HC. Best OC we had here since Chud and he was killing it with no where near as much talent. If he can get S.Morris to throw for 580 the sky is the limit with Kayaa. Truth.
Betcha he could ID a good DC as well. Would be a little weird having a coach who never played though.

Why is it necessary for the HC to have played the game? Are you saying that a coach who never played lack certain abilities from a coaching standpoint. I'm not trying to be difficult but please explain.
Didn't say it couldn't be done, just said it would feel weird. Personally think Jedd would do well. It is a rarity but his background is strong and he is currently an OC on an NFL team, although some might challenge that description as it applies to Jacksonville.

Didn't say it couldn't be done, just said it would feel weird. Personally think Jedd would do well. It is a rarity but his background is strong and he is currently an OC on an NFL team, although some might challenge that description as it applies to Jacksonville.

Believe it or not, Fisch is actually doing pretty well as an NFL OC, he's in the same position he was at with the Canes. Handcuffed because lack of Talent. Still believe Jedd is an NFL HC in the future. Give him an offense with all the weapons necessary and he'll flourish. Only bad part about Fisch being our HC is this job would be his stepping stone back to a very good paycheck in the NFL.

Advertisement
Back