Could see Jedd Fisch Pulling This Off

Advertisement
agreed...totally bush league. you're just teaching little kids how to cheat in a way....i mean its not cheating because its not against the rules, but thats a cheap play. what do those kids have to be proud of there? chump move....

Lol bush league? The A-11 was bush league, you just gotta stay alert on the wrong ball play and not be afraid to hit the QB when everyone is just standing there.

Lol bush league? The A-11 was bush league, you just gotta stay alert on the wrong ball play and not be afraid to hit the QB when everyone is just standing there.

the center snapped the ball over his shoulder, which is legal, but no middle school kid knows that. they barely know how to tackle at that age. i don't mind it in or after high school, but taking advantage of a 7th grader's knowledge of the rules is 100% bush league. also, a-11 was a bull**** loophole exploit, and that's why it was banned.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
what happened with A-11 again?

National rules for kick formations was changed making the formations illegal I believe.

Never heard of it before. Here's an article from wikipedia. I guess it's legal on 4th down in college.

http://http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A-11_offense

If the center picked up the ball and snapped it over his shoulder, I guess an alert lineman could hit the center as soon as he lifted it off the ground. Of course, who knows what to expect. I thought the QB was trying to hand the ball to an official.

This kind of reminds me of our trick play when we won our first college world series where we faked a missed pick off throw to first base, everybody started to chase an imaginary ball into the outfield, and I think the pitcher, who never threw the ball to first on the pick off attempt, easily picked off a runner who was on his way to second base. I believe this is the way it happened. I can't find a video on youtube, though. I wish somebody would post it.

I could see Jed Fisch being the canes next HC. Best OC we had here since Chud and he was killing it with no where near as much talent. If he can get S.Morris to throw for 580 the sky is the limit with Kayaa. Truth.

My youth football team ran a trick play where the QB got up from center and started walking towards the sideline waving his arms acting disgusted as if we were going to call timeout, then we snapped the ball to the RB. Scored a touchdown.

vfz3ud.gif

Advertisement
what happened with A-11 again?

National rules for kick formations was changed making the formations illegal I believe.

Never heard of it before. Here's an article from wikipedia. I guess it's legal on 4th down in college.

http://http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A-11_offense

If the center picked up the ball and snapped it over his shoulder, I guess an alert lineman could hit the center as soon as he lifted it off the ground. Of course, who knows what to expect. I thought the QB was trying to hand the ball to an official.

This kind of reminds me of our trick play when we won our first college world series where we faked a missed pick off throw to first base, everybody started to chase an imaginary ball into the outfield, and I think the pitcher, who never threw the ball to first on the pick off attempt, easily picked off a runner who was on his way to second base. I believe this is the way it happened. I can't find a video on youtube, though. I wish somebody would post it.
Fraser was famous for his trick plays - I remember that one.

Last edited:
I could see Jed Fisch being the canes next HC. Best OC we had here since Chud and he was killing it with no where near as much talent. If he can get S.Morris to throw for 580 the sky is the limit with Kayaa. Truth.
Betcha he could ID a good DC as well. Would be a little weird having a coach who never played though.

Advertisement
Some variation of this play comes up every year, I can't believe it still works.

Although I don't see where you get 5 in the backfield (technically 'not enough on the line of scrimmage' in high school... Terminology is different at that level). Sure looks like a legal formation to me.

My youth football team ran a trick play where the QB got up from center and started walking towards the sideline waving his arms acting disgusted as if we were going to call timeout, then we snapped the ball to the RB. Scored a touchdown.

An optimist team did that to our team a few years ago, but our safety figured out what was going on and tackled the RB. LOL

Advertisement
Back