Could Manny find another P5 head coaching job if fired?

LoungeLord

Junior
What’s his value? Do we have a coach nobody else will take or does he still have some sizzle somewhere else?

I think he could pull a d coordinator job, but I think we are the only ones lucky enough to let him train on our dime to be a head coach right now. Temple dodged a bullet.

Advertisement
Advertisement
All I know is that Manny took what was the worst defensive unit I've ever seen and turned them around. I also know for a fact that it was Manny's defense that won us the games that we did win last year. I also know the offense was so bad last year that we are starting freshman and sophomores all over the place, we have 1 senior on offense, the only thing I want is for manny to take over play calling on defense. So I think he deserves more than one season.

All I know is that Manny took what was the worst defensive unit I've ever seen and turned them around. I also know for a fact that it was Manny's defense that won us the games that we did win last year. I also know the offense was so bad last year that we are starting freshman and sophomores all over the place, we have 1 senior on offense, the only thing I want is for manny to take over play calling on defense. So I think he deserves more than one season.

So we've established that Manny is a good defensive coordinator. How about as a head coach?

What’s his value? Do we have a coach nobody else will take or does he still have some sizzle somewhere else?

I think he could pull a d coordinator job, but I think we are the only ones lucky enough to let him train on our dime to be a head coach right now. Temple dodged a bullet.
NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He’ll be just like randy and golden. 3 bums who should have never been given an HC job let alone one at UM who are destined to be position coaches or at best a coordinator again. But that’s a UM tradition, make the easiest laziest hire possible at the expense of the program and us fans. I ******* hate UM!

I’d say he gets an incomplete as his grade as a HC. I’m not sure just how high of a grade he’s capable of getting. But at this point he’s managed it ok. As a new HC I’m sure he’s tentative about firing too many people too early. It’s also a bad look for him if he fires his guys in less than a year.
However, I’d start with the OC if I was to make a move. His play calling has been abysmal for the most part. If I never see that ****** pull out fire it to the slant again it’ll be too soon. What happened to crosses? Run routes? Double moves?

Advertisement
No, he would not get another power 5 job. I don’t even think he had a power 5 offer other than Miami. He was on his way to Temple (non power 5). Anyway, he’s here now. I suggest he tears this staff a part. Charlie Strong may be available as a DC, Larry Fedora may be available as an OC and Sumlin may be available as an OC. Good chance NONE of them will be a HC again. They will be coordinations somewhere

Advertisement
If there is a positive with Manny is he has a history of making changes (his first year as DC compared to his second year as DC as an example). Hopefully when the season is over Manny evaluates the good, the bad, and the ugly and makes changes that are sensible and not for the sake of making changes.

More importantly, Enos needs to take time this offseason re-evaluating what he is doing and how he can best use his personnel.

I dont think we see any major changes to the staff and the changes that are made won't be noticeable to those outside Hecht. The changes will most likely be structural and organizational in terms of schemes, personnel, scheduling etc.

Advertisement
You get fired at Miami you’re done. I think Texas San Antonio is the best job from one of our fires coaches.

If there is a positive with Manny is he has a history of making changes (his first year as DC compared to his second year as DC as an example). Hopefully when the season is over Manny evaluates the good, the bad, and the ugly and makes changes that are sensible and not for the sake of making changes.

More importantly, Enos needs to take time this offseason re-evaluating what he is doing and how he can best use his personnel.

I dont think we see any major changes to the staff and the changes that are made won't be noticeable to those outside Hecht. The changes will most likely be structural and organizational in terms of schemes, personnel, scheduling etc.
Enos can take this off-season evaluating how he's going to run his offense at <insert high school here>. If Manny actually was going to evaluate "the good, the bad, and the ugly and make changes" then all he should see are our offensive numbers. We are nearly last in multiple categories. Our 3rd down conversions are literally 130th. This entire offensive scheme is untenable and I see no reason why Enos gets another chance to re-evaluate anything. He can't even re-evaluate game to game.

Advertisement
Back