Could Dimare have a short reign?

SmokeyRone

All-ACC
Purgatory
Say he takes over next year or 2019.

Its a disaster. He is what we suspect. This is not far fetched.

How many seasons, assuming disaster, does he get?

Two? Three? What?

Advertisement
They can't fire him because of his daddy. Blake needs to figure out a way to get out of giving him the job without turning off the Dimare cash spigot. Tough predicament.

I'm guessing two years, dependent on what he inherits. If we're in no better shape two years from now than we are now he may get more time.

Advertisement
....dependent on what he inherits....

Yeah, except that he is the recruiting coordinator. He is going to inherit the mess created by his own complacency.

Im not sure what complacency your referring to:

Thompson, Iskadarian, Collins, Lopez, Eusebio, Abreu, Heyward, Kennedy, Suarez, Garcia, Ruiz, soon to be Chester, and I'm sure im missing some more all drafted in the last 2 years.

You people are acting like he cant find talent!!! the problem is the fillers just didn't quite work. Lets not forget Admitis was gonna be a stud, granted you have to be prepared for guy to leave but for heavens sake that's a lot of ball players to loose in a 2 year stretch.

....dependent on what he inherits....

Yeah, except that he is the recruiting coordinator. He is going to inherit the mess created by his own complacency.

Im not sure what complacency your referring to:

Thompson, Iskadarian, Collins, Lopez, Eusebio, Abreu, Heyward, Kennedy, Suarez, Garcia, Ruiz, soon to be Chester, and I'm sure im missing some more all drafted in the last 2 years.

You people are acting like he cant find talent!!! the problem is the fillers just didn't quite work. Lets not forget Admitis was gonna be a stud, granted you have to be prepared for guy to leave but for heavens sake that's a lot of ball players to loose in a 2 year stretch.

The complacency is kicking back, going to a few big showcases, and mostly allowing travel ball coaches to make their recommendations to you. This is undeniable and Gino even admitted it a couple of years back. Said they were relying on local players too much.

As for losing all of those players, that wasn't a secret. Everyone knew that our players would eventually graduate or get drafted. It's the rule. This year's roster showed a lack of urgency in making sure the cupboard was full after those guys left. Down years are expected. But having the worst batting average in major college baseball shows that someone didn't do their job.

I feel like all the players leaving caused a depth issue which I could give to Dimare I guess? But where were they supposed to go, you had staples in the line-up that just didn't develop with the stick and a couple that regressed. how does Chester go from a low 200 BA freshmen year to mid 300 and back down to mid 200. Ruiz from .340 to .260 (injury) we filled the C pos. well just with an average backup and .200 BA on the corners that never took off but Edgar and Barr had to stay in the line up because of what they brought to the table. Now the question I have is the JUCO's how did we miss so bad on these 3. Also If we have a development problem why did Romy improve so much. my thing is we are all over the map and its hard to predict what you are gonna do if the guys you have cant show steady development. I know im rambling and in no way changing your mind on the FIRE EVERYONE TRAIN but when I see stuff all over the map like this I have to put it squarely on the players.

I feel like all the players leaving caused a depth issue which I could give to Dimare I guess? But where were they supposed to go, you had staples in the line-up that just didn't develop with the stick and a couple that regressed. how does Chester go from a low 200 BA freshmen year to mid 300 and back down to mid 200. Ruiz from .340 to .260 (injury) we filled the C pos. well just with an average backup and .200 BA on the corners that never took off but Edgar and Barr had to stay in the line up because of what they brought to the table. Now the question I have is the JUCO's how did we miss so bad on these 3. Also If we have a development problem why did Romy improve so much. my thing is we are all over the map and its hard to predict what you are gonna do if the guys you have cant show steady development. I know im rambling and in no way changing your mind on the FIRE EVERYONE TRAIN but when I see stuff all over the map like this I have to put it squarely on the players.

Since 2008:

We went 0-2 in a home regional for the first time ever
We went 0-2 in Omaha for the first time ever
We have not defeated a #1 seed in the post-season
We had the worst offensive team in major college baseball for a season
We haven't won the ACC Tournament
We had the longest Omaha drought since before the streak began
We missed the NCAA Tournament

.....but you put it squarely on the players.

Advertisement
I feel like all the players leaving caused a depth issue which I could give to Dimare I guess? But where were they supposed to go, you had staples in the line

Tackett for sure was somebody that should'vebeen able to produce relatively quickly. He did extremely well in a good JUCO league after seeing time as a Frosh in the SEC & being a highly sought after kid on the PG circuit.

Recruiting is a complete disaster. Not one .300 hitter in the line-up?? WTF?? Case as example.... South Alabama won the Sun Belt tourney and had 7 hitters hitting over .300. Nobody can tell me that USA should be doing that much better than the Canes. Its really pathetic.

Recruiting is a complete disaster. Not one .300 hitter in the line-up?? WTF?? Case as example.... South Alabama won the Sun Belt tourney and had 7 hitters hitting over .300. Nobody can tell me that USA should be doing that much better than the Canes. Its really pathetic.

They play in the Sun Belt, dude. That might explain it.

Ruiz and Chester both hit well over .300 last year. Collins, Abreu, Hayward and Lopez obviously helped with that.

These were our national rankings the last two years.

BA: 37th
SLG: 58th
OBP: 19th

BA: 7th
SLG: 14th
OBP: 2nd

But 2017!

One awful year and we're pathetic and South Alabama is way better than us.

My God.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back