Cougars coach Kelvin Sampson on Miami

Advertisement
Coach Sampson had a short interview today and I was extremely impressed. He named every Miami player with tons of accolades for the big 6. He said Miami will be the best offensive team we will play all year. And this comment was expressed in a way I’ve never heard. He said this Miami team is so impressive I cannot think of many teams where I would just want to be a fan and go to a game they play.
Our task will be formidable seems like he is eating and sleeping Miami and they will be very ready for us. He said coach L allows his players to space the court and do what they do best. This did not seem like coachspeak he knows if his team is not ready..does not have a solid game plan they will lose. He’s layed back but is very shrew looks like nothing gets past the guy.
He's just pulling a Belichick and talking up the other team as if they were the second coming of the '92 Dream Team to avoid bulletin board material.

Too funny their fans don’t want to admit what their coach already knows. Miami is for real and the Miami kids would rather you not pick them🫠🙌👍

His Miller comment surprised me. I knew Miller was critical for our success, but to hear other team's label Miller as our best player tells me we aren't going to catch them by surprise that's for sure.
If the definition of "best player" is the one that is the hardest for an opponent to shut down, I'd say that's Omier. Miller a close second.

That's what mkes us so tough on offense. You shut down Wong and Miller, and Omier and Pack will kill you. Shut down Pack, and Wong and/or Miller take up the slack. We've got four guys who can score in double figures pretty much every game. Five if we count Poplar (as he's played lately).

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back