Cougars coach Kelvin Sampson on Miami

Coach Sampson had a short interview today and I was extremely impressed. He named every Miami player with tons of accolades for the big 6. He said Miami will be the best offensive team we will play all year. And this comment was expressed in a way I’ve never heard. He said this Miami team is so impressive I cannot think of many teams where I would just want to be a fan and go to a game they play.
Our task will be formidable seems like he is eating and sleeping Miami and they will be very ready for us. He said coach L allows his players to space the court and do what they do best. This did not seem like coachspeak he knows if his team is not ready..does not have a solid game plan they will lose. He’s layed back but is very shrew looks like nothing gets past the guy.

Advertisement
Coach Sampson had a short interview today and I was extremely impressed. He named every Miami player with tons of accolades for the big 6. He said Miami will be the best offensive team we will play all year. And this comment was expressed in a way I’ve never heard. He said this Miami team is so impressive I cannot think of many teams where I would just want to be a fan and go to a game they play.
Our task will be formidable seems like he is eating and sleeping Miami and they will be very ready for us. He said coach L allows his players to space the court and do what they do best. This did not seem like coachspeak he knows if his team is not ready..does not have a solid game plan they will lose. He’s layed back but is very shrew looks like nothing gets past the guy.
Kelvin Sampson is an outstanding coach and individual who has achieved remarkable success throughout his career.

This guy is a great coach. He lives basketball. He knows what is coming and he will have his team prepared. He comes across as worried, but he is also a great salesman. I like our chances in this game. I like our match ups.
He nailed our team and clearly has done more than just watch film. Compared to Woodson’s presser he sounds like a freaking savant.

Advertisement
The cream has risen to the top and our team is in the thick of it.

Believe it we are ELITE a powerhouse we deserve our place on the national stage.

TAKE IT , TAKE IT , TAKE IT. 🙌🙌🙌

We are NOT in AWH of no body and fear no body.

GOCANES

Advertisement
ice hockey sport GIF by NHL

He nailed our team and clearly has done more than just watch film. Compared to Woodson’s presser he sounds like a freaking savant.
His Miller comment surprised me. I knew Miller was critical for our success, but to hear other team's label Miller as our best player tells me we aren't going to catch them by surprise that's for sure.

Thanks for posting the video Inday. He compares Norshad to Wes Unseld one of the true greats.
I've thought of Unseld when seeing Omier play. They are physically VERY similar. Only thing Norchad lacks that Wes had was the outlet pass after a defensive rebound. Nobody got the ball back down court quicker than Unseld, resulting in so many easy baskets for the Baltimore (later Washington) Bullets.

Thanks for posting. In before people start ranting about why we’re talking about Kelvin Sampson in a thread about Kelvin Sampson.

Sampson should post here, but may be too positive about Miami. Savvy one that guy.

Advertisement
My only concern (and we should know in the first 8-10 minutes of play) is will we get "out-physicaled." Talking about how the more skilled team (Duke) was beaten up by Tennessee (the bigger, stronger, if less-skilled, bullies).

Sampson's a smart guy to sing our praises. I'm hoping the pressure Houston faces as a #1 seed with the chance to play for the Natty in their hometown will come into effect.

The one thing I dislike about this time of year is that our greatest advantage in basketball; coaching, shrinks in value because every remaining team has a very good coach as well. There’s are no scrub coaches left for Coach L to take advantage of. I believe we will still have a coaching advantage but it is less, which means more comes down to the players. I actually wish we were playing UH with only 2 days in between because I think L does more with fewer prep days than most coaches.

FYI, I and a few others on CIS would like to take a bow for beating the “Jordan Miller is our best player” drum since the beginning of the season. Apparently many opposing coaches feel the same way. I love hearing good coaches talk because you just find yourself agreeing with everything.

Advertisement
I've thought of Unseld when seeing Omier play. They are physically VERY similar. Only thing Norchad lacks that Wes had was the outlet pass after a defensive rebound. Nobody got the ball back down court quicker than Unseld, resulting in so many easy baskets for the Baltimore (later Washington) Bullets.
I think Norshad is more a Barkley / Rodman type as well.

We need a game where everyone is at least "kind of" on. We cant afford a 1-10 from anyone. We could take a 4-6 if they are trying to just shut down one guy.

But we are likely going to need to play them even when guys like Walker come in to spell Miller or Omier. If this game starts getting into an up and down athletic contest Walker could potentially thrive in short spurts.

Excited for the game regardless. These tend to be the games where we even look like we come out with a different energy and focus.

What he’s done at Houston can’t be understated...

Completely rebuilt that program back to what they were way back in the 80’s in the Guy Lewis era. Houston hadn't had a 25 win season in 26 years before Sampson got there & having his last 4 season go Sweet 16, (Covid), Final Four, Elite 8 (they would’ve easily been a S16/E8 team during the Covid season) & be back in the 16 again is nothing short of remarkable.

Houston had pretty much died as a BBall program after Pat Foster, that’s why I give Sampson a ton of credit for revitalizing them into a legit great team that is now on the same level as the traditional Bluebloods.

Advertisement
Back