Cory Johnson article on CS about Weekend Visit

Advertisement
-says about being with AG again "That would be crazy," "That was a long time ago I committed to him at Temple."
-will take an official visit to UM this weekend
-"I have a lot of questions once I get down there," "I just have to feel out the vibe, see if I can feel comfortable there, see how the coaches interact with the players. At Kentucky there's that family atmosphere; I want to see that. I'd have to feel comfortable there."
-drawn to UM by the chance to have a big role immediately. says "I see a chance to play, definitely."
-Johnson had Miami at the top of his list back in June, but then the Canes stopped recruiting him hard "I'd hear from them just now and then,"
-Recently the attention picked up when coordinator Mark D'Onofrio began personally recruiting him in recent days."He's saying that they need me, that I can be an immediate impact,"
-UM coaches helped convince him to replace a planned visit to Temple this weekend with the Canes
-He's an EE
-UM is in with him heading into the visit says "They're in pretty good shape. but I won't know till I go visit."
-final visit it to Texas tech

"I just have to feel out the vibe, see if I can feel comfortable there, see how the coaches interact with the players. At Kentucky there's that family atmosphere; I want to see that. I'd have to feel comfortable there."

Every recruit says that Miami makes a familiar like connection between the staff and the recruit. If this is truly of importance to Cory I like our chances.

Last edited:
4-Star JUCO DT To Visit UM This Weekend
-Originally committed to Temple out of high school
-Johnson will visit Miami this weekend. He is a soft Kentucky commit at the moment
-Says if all goes well he might think about turning his pledge to Miami
-"I have a lot of questions once I get down there," Johnson said. "I just have to feel out the vibe, see if I can feel comfortable there, see how the coaches interact with the players. At Kentucky there's that family atmosphere; I want to see that. I'd have to feel comfortable there."
-Early playing time is a big draw for Miami
- He watched several Cane games on TV this year and says "I see a chance to play, definitely."
-Johnson had Miami at the top of his list back in June, but then the Canes stopped recruiting him hard. :ohlord:
-Recently the attention picked up, and it was ratcheted to a new level when coordinator Mark D'Onofrio began personally recruiting him in recent days. "He's saying that they need me, that I can be an immediate impact," Johnson said.
-UM coaches convinced him to visit them instead of Temple
-Will be an EE. Plans to also visit Texas Tech on December 14th
-Asked what kind of shape UM is in with him heading into the visit, Johnson said, "They're in pretty good shape. but I won't know till I go visit."

Link: http://miami.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1583578

Homies beat me to it.

Also heard from a Kentucky fan, they are a bit scared to lose him to us. He is a big time commit for them. He will be visiting Kentucky with other recruits on Dec 13th, but we will see about that.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Lets look at another factor such as next weeks forecast for lexington, Ky it will be cloudy overcast and in the high 40's to a low of 28 according to the weather channel. Where as this weekend in Miami it will be 82 and sunny all weekend! And when he is leaving New York tomorrow it will be in the 40's and raining, then poof 3 hrs later you step off the plane to 82 degrees and sunshine. Johnson may never leave Coral Gables.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Does he start day one for us? He would probably slide into a starter role at TT or Kentucky immediately.

Advertisement
Based on his comments in the CS article, it seems he's ours if the coaching staff wants him.

Yeah, that Kentucky family thing is big. They sit around crying after two and three win seasons . . . while waiting for hoops to tip off.

Advertisement
Back