Cornerbacks Coach Candidates- 2021

Interesting. I don’t blame him for seeking his cash, but he is smoking kangaroo **** if he thinks he is going to get top dollar DC money like Venables, Steele, etc at one of the big boy schools. He aint a top dollar DC, and if someone pays him top dollar money to call plays, that is a huge risk. He hasn’t proved anything yet as a DC/play caller. I still hope we swing our bat. Give him Co-DC title and the entire secondary but get someone else in here to call plays. Highly unrealistic, I know but just my dream lol.

...and if Harsin is smart, he keeps Steele. He needs as much help on the trail as possible down there. Steele knows everyone there is to know and then some in SEC country.
No shot he keeps Steele. Half that team is loyal to Steele and is ****ed he didn’t get the job. You can’t keep two pit bulls in the same cage with only one bowl of food.

Advertisement
No shot he keeps Steele. Half that team is loyal to Steele and is ****ed he didn’t get the job. You can’t keep two pit bulls in the same cage with only one bowl of food.

I don’t disagree. Harsin will have to watch over his back the entire time but if they continue to pay Steele what they are paying him then he will act right, lol. He aint stupid. AU had their chance to hire Steele and they didn’t. That ship has sailed but I get where you are coming from.

Man if life was fair we’d hire dvd to coach cbs and spend the extra mil on - get this - cbs. he’d be a good coach, and we’d have all the best cbs.

do you think T Rob is a first rate DC?
I wouldn’t say that, but you have to factor in that South Carolina was a pretty shîtty team under Muschamp who’s a career Corch & they don’t run the same system we do in Miami, so Idk how he would do here as a DC, but idk if we’re actually pursuing him as a DC either.

But, he’s got leverage because he’s a high commodity Mercenary that can recruit & develop Corners like nobodies business, second only to Corey Raymond, which means he has a lot of leverage in negotiation & can ask for a lot.

Due to how dire our DB situation is & our desperate need for a good recruiter at CB, I’m of the philosophy of just give’em what he wants & figure the rest out later, if he wants the DC title, fck it give’em to him. At the end of the day, he can’t be much worse than Baker & whoever is the DC will still have to council with Diaz on how the Defense will be ran anyway so might as well go down swinging IMO rather than maintain status quo.

I can’t make an accurate judgement on how good or bad a DC T-Rob is or could potentially be, but I without doubt will say & think he’d be better than Baker & whatever +/- he’d be as a play caller, would be counterbalanced by the fact we’d have some Elite cover corners at the very least lol.

I can’t make an accurate judgement on how good or bad a DC T-Rob is or could potentially be, but I without doubt will say & think he’d be better than Baker & whatever +/- he’d be as a play caller, would be counterbalanced by the fact we’d have some Elite cover corners at the very least lol.
CB800E70-B9D4-421E-94C7-7D6712F344FC.gif

Advertisement
I wouldn’t say that, but you have to factor in that South Carolina was a pretty shîtty team under Muschamp who’s a career Corch & they don’t run the same system we do in Miami, so Idk how he would do here as a DC, but idk if we’re actually pursuing him as a DC either.

But, he’s got leverage because he’s a high commodity Mercenary that can recruit & develop Corners like nobodies business, second only to Corey Raymond, which means he has a lot of leverage in negotiation & can ask for a lot.

Due to how dire our DB situation is & our desperate need for a good recruiter at CB, I’m of the philosophy of just give’em what he wants & figure the rest out later, if he wants the DC title, fck it give’em to him. At the end of the day, he can’t be much worse than Baker & whoever is the DC will still have to council with Diaz on how the Defense will be ran anyway so might as well go down swinging IMO rather than maintain status quo.

Can't argue with any of that. If we have no one better in line for DC then I could see that working out. We know he will deliver studs at CB and Lispy has the final say on the defense. I also want a great DL coach and a LB coach who knows what the heck he is doing. Whatever we do, it needs to work out!

Auburn saying they are going to hire mason as there DC. So does that help us with T Rob ? The money he is asking for is a lil crazy but at this point I think it’s worth it. T - Rob also has to look at it like this. He comes into a pretty solid situation. Walking into the room he inherits bubba bolden, James Williams, Tae Williams, al Blades jr , T Couch & possible Stevenson. With his coaching track record he can turn those guys into pros. Bakers is all but done here. DC title might not be his this year but he definitely could set his self up for success in the near future (2022) and a huge raise. @Liberty City El

Last edited:
Hope it’s just a courtesy but I’ve heard DVD is basically either getting the CB job here or going to Utah State. Not coming back to his office position. No shocker there.

But sounds like Manny is strongly considering it and doesn’t want him to go. Gaining steam I guess. Like I said I hope it’s just a courtesy to make him feel more important than he actually is in this search.

Not a shot at DVD but it is what it is. If it happens... count out any of the elite DB coaches that aren’t coming here to coach just safety.
DVD is pressing Manny, because he wants that coaching spot.

If he doesnt get it, he has no problem leaving to Utah State. I´d say it depends on the feedback that Manny gets from other targets.

Advertisement
I think we’re going to fck them up this year.

Obviously I’m biased, but I don’t see Henry running all over us, I think we’ll sell out to stop the run & force Tannehill to beat us throwing it down the field, as long as we can get pressure upfront & not have a bad coverage day in the secondary like we’ve had a few times this year we’ll be alright.

When we played Tennessee earlier this year we had 8 trips to the Red zone, but only scored 2TD’s in the Red zone vs them, which means we moved the ball well putting ourselves in position to score, we just didn’t. But since that game we’ve fixed our Red Zone issues & have put up very good scoring drives the last 5 weeks of the season.

Plus the Titans Defense is not as good as it was last year, Lamar will play much better than last year, even though he literally put up 508yds of Offense in that game last year, it was just the turnovers that killed us.
I agree, the Ravens kept choking at the end of games during the middle of the year but it looks like they've definitely turned a corner. I don't think anyone wants to play them right now. I just better not see them get out physicaled by the Titans again.

I also don't want to see all the idiots blame it all in Jackson again. Like you said he ran for 150+ and threw for 350+ against them in the playoffs and people acted like he absolutely sucks. He did have a few turnovers but the team played like **** and there were SO many drops I thought the Miami receivers might've given them a pep talk that night. The team seems more balanced this year.

Anyway, go Ravens.

whoever is the DC will still have to council with Diaz on how the Defense will be ran anyway so might as well go down swinging IMO rather than maintain status quo.

So this will be something to keep an eye specifically for him. Does he want to step into a similar situation he was just in at SCe under Muschamp where he may or may not have had the autonomy on defense he wanted. Will be interesting to see if he prefers(at least now) a gig where he can call the plays and not worry about the HC stepping in if they start to lose.

That’s about where I’m at with it. We’re an above average secondary from being a **** good defense. Let manny help him out and let’s roll

Advertisement
DVD is pressing Manny, because he wants that coaching spot.

If he doesnt get it, he has no problem leaving to Utah State. I´d say it depends on the feedback that Manny gets from other targets.
I think we go big at DL coach and hire 2 nobodies again in the secondary. Gut feeling.

I could see a Partridge type DL hire followed by a Nick Monroe at Safety and DVD at CB. Basically status quo to what he had. Not the exact names I think we hire but on that same level imo.

Not saying Monroe is a “nobody” but he’s still at Syracuse for a reason

I think we go big at DL coach and hire 2 nobodies again in the secondary. Gut feeling.

I could see a Partridge type DL hire followed by a Nick Monroe at Safety and DVD at CB. Basically status quo to what he had. Not the exact names I think we hire but on that same level imo.

Not saying Monroe is a “nobody” but he’s still at Syracuse for a reason
Why don’t you think he’ll just hand the secondary over to one big name?

Auburn saying they are going to hire mason as there DC. So does that help us with T Rob ? The money he is asking for is a lil crazy but at this point I think it’s worth it. T - Rob also has to look at it like this. He comes into a pretty solid situation. Walking into the room he inherits bubba bolden, James Williams, Tae Williams, al Blades jr , T Couch & possible Stevenson. With his coaching track record he can turn those guys into pros. Bakers is all but done here. DC title might not be his this year but he definitely could set his self up for success in the near future (2022) and a huge raise. @Liberty City El

Trob would be a good fit at Auburn if Mason is the new DC. Mason was a good DC at Stanford, running better versions of the 3-4 defense than Muschamp's defense.

Advertisement
Why don’t you think he’ll just hand the secondary over to one big name?
3 spots to fill. You’re gonna get 1 big name and if you’re lucky 2 average additions.

With 3 spots how else would you break it up? Gotta either be DE/DT coach and a full secondary coach or CB/S and a full DL coach. Whichever doesn’t get the solo job... there aren’t any big names coming to take half of a position group.

I get the feeling the staff makeup stays the same and we fill in the empty holes. You could possibly get a full DL coach, a co-dc that coaches 1 spot in the secondary and then hire the other similar to the way it was previously. But that lone guy is gonna be a “weak” hire. Either no experience or small school experience

3 spots to fill. You’re gonna get 1 big name and if you’re lucky 2 average additions.

With 3 spots how else would you break it up? Gotta either be DE/DT coach and a full secondary coach or CB/S and a full DL coach. Whichever doesn’t get the solo job... there aren’t any big names coming to take half of a position group.

I get the feeling the staff makeup stays the same and we fill in the empty holes. You could possibly get a full DL coach, a co-dc that coaches 1 spot in the secondary and then hire the other similar to the way it was previously. But that lone guy is gonna be a “weak” hire. Either no experience or small school experience
I feel like a lot of this hinges on what ultimately happens with Baker and Patke. Maybe they don’t want demotions and choose to leave. If that’s the case, then I think it allows Diaz to be more flexible.

I feel like a lot of this hinges on what ultimately happens with Baker and Patke. Maybe they don’t want demotions and choose to leave. If that’s the case, then I think it allows Diaz to be more flexible.
Still don’t think either get a demotion. Maybe Baker to co-dc at the most

Advertisement
Back