Cornerbacks Coach Candidates- 2021

That’s a lot of ifs that I don’t see an established guy in a secure position willing to take.

True, but I think you are overestimating how tenuous Diaz's position is. I doubt hes at much risk of getting fired before the end of 2022. 2021 opens with Bama but after that it's not that bad. 2022 is brutal. If he gets to 10 wins in 2021, which I think is possible, then he's going to survive a 7-8 win 2022. Lots of posters said Diaz would never land anyone but a retread failed OC after 2019's debacle, but he got one of the best OCs available. I fully understand the pessimism though. I'll remain hopeful we get a big time - fans are due for good luck at some point.

Advertisement
Great post, as usual. My god, please, for the love of Christ, don't overthink this. Call T-Rob and give him what he wants. This really isn't hard.

Don't wanna take away from the rest of the list, because you have some quality names on here, but **** I've been begging for this dude to be a coach here for a decade. Make it happen, Manny.

I agree.

It all comes down to what Diaz does at DC & how much money he has to spend, if he can go big, he’s gotta back up the Brinks truck for a superstar recruiter, if the Money Men at Miami are being stingy with the paper he’s gonna have to dig down deep in the dirt to find a diamond. But there are definitely several guys at the lower levels who could get the job done, just have to put some work in & make some phone calls.
Agreed. Let’s hope that Manny figures this crap out, and quickly. If TRob wants the co-DC title plus the whole secondary is he worth that much? I’m new to the coaches game so not as plugged in as you - well no one is actually.

Advertisement
From what's been rumored the school has been in touch with T - Rob. His asking price to come here is more then UM is willing to pay. Would be my first choice but not looking likely.

were stupid if true. at some point, you suck it up and pay the going rate to get back to being elite. how many top tier DBs have we lost? we just lost our best defensive recruiter and a key off field support staff coming off a season where we couldn't bring a single DB in. this will come back to haunt us when we lack depth there

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Give him what he wants IMO, but if UF is willing to pay top dollar & we’re not, then he’ll probably go back to UF.

Although there’s been some rumblings that Mullen could be on his way out trying to jump to the NFL, plus UF is supposed to have a 1 year probation this upcoming class because of Mullet’s shenanigans.
Grantham is essentially dead man walking as well. That could break either way for TRob. Could be stepping into bigger role or let go with defensive staff

Good coach solid recruiter. I would take him too wouldn’t be #1 option tho
I don't think T-Rob is coming that's why I mention him. I would think Manny would want a proven cb coach with South Florida connections. Someone like Corey Bell and Gray would be more viable options.

what about Torrian Gray?
He was a name I considered due to the fact he’s getting let go from UF, but I’ve heard behind the scenes he’s bit of a slimy dude that you can’t really trust, I’ve also heard the moment you hire him you better have a backup option ready because he’s always looking for the next job & always has one foot out the door.

He wouldn’t be my first choice, but if we missed on some other guys I’d see what he’s asking for.

Advertisement
Back