Cornelius Nunn question

Umfuture

Banned
Banned
I was trying to find the article where Cornelius Nunn was an SEC Camp I believe Bama and recorded a 4.46 or 4.48 - 40.

Advertisement
He didn’t just camp, he has an offer too.

It’s 4.54....still outstanding for a safety prospect.

Advertisement
Battle is the best FS in s.fla. definately want that guy every year. Nunn and one of Stevenson, battle, and were cooking. Richards I see as an offensive guy all the way.

You're one of the few guys on here whose opinion I respect, so why do you think the coaches (per Stefan) want him on D?

You're one of the few guys on here whose opinion I respect, so why do you think the coaches (per Stefan) want him on D?
Im not on gogeta level but i also think MAR should be on offence! Seems like thats where he wants to play also. I hope we dont lose him over this.

Na MAR should play D. Watch his nose for the ball and how he hits. Now combine that with his ball skills.

Last edited:
Advertisement

He has extreme skills and measurables to play on the back end. Im saying hes an offensive guy because thats what i always see him say he wants to play. Were basically trying to convincing him on his defense upside. I wasnt saying he cant play D..would love to have him there.

So what's the theory as to why the staff have it so wrong with MAR? I keep seeing people say they prefer him on O, but it's pretty clear the staff want him on D...what do you guys think that's about?

And don't you think, being as his brother is on the team, the coaches would know if this were a deal breaker? If he wants to come to Miami but feels he has to play O, I would think that info would have made it to Richt even if the kid didn't want to tell him.

So what's the theory as to why the staff have it so wrong with MAR? I keep seeing people say they prefer him on O, but it's pretty clear the staff want him on D...what do you guys think that's about?

And don't you think, being as his brother is on the team, the coaches would know if this were a deal breaker? If he wants to come to Miami but feels he has to play O, I would think that info would have made it to Richt even if the kid didn't want to tell him.

I thought I recalled reading the staff do want him at D but are willing to get the ball in his hands on special packages or special teams ala Jabril Peppers.

I thought I recalled reading the staff do want him at D but are willing to get the ball in his hands on special packages or special teams ala Jabril Peppers.

That's correct, I'm just asking because people keep saying they want him on O and/or they're scared we'll lose him because he (clearly) wants to play O but we insist on putting him on D. I wonder why people think our staff is misevaluating the kid?

Advertisement
Ding ding ding...that’s what they do with him at Wellington.

That's correct, I'm just asking because people keep saying they want him on O and/or they're scared we'll lose him because he (clearly) wants to play O but we insist on putting him on D. I wonder why people think our staff is misevaluating the kid?
They always do this with somebody every year.

Advertisement
I believe MAR just wants to go through the recruiting process and take his visits before committing anywhere.

Even if our staff was telling him everything he wanted to hear and were selling him on playing offense, I don’t think it would accelerate his commitment timeline. This approach is coming as a direct result of Ahmmon’s advice imo. If you recall, Ahmmon opened up his recruitment after the coaching change and went through the process before committing to Richt.

We all get a little antsy on here, and that may lead some to get nervous on MAR not having committed yet. But that’s just his plan and he’s sticking to it. He wants his fall official visits

Last edited:
Battle is the best FS in s.fla. definately want that guy every year. Nunn and one of Stevenson, battle, and were cooking. Richards I see as an offensive guy all the way.
I'm w you all the way on Richards. I like him w the ball in his hands like Deejay.

Nunn shouldve been a take. Might end up being an Eddie Jackson situation.

Advertisement
Back