Corn Elder

Canesfan1899

All-American
Premium
In a season of continued discontent with the coaching staff this kid has been a huge bright spot. I thought he was going to be a good one but **** he has been playing lights out at CB and gives us a dynamic punt returner. Reminds me of Phillip Buchanan in build and ball skills. Really hope he sticks around another year and continues to develop.

Advertisement
Definition of an impact player. He jumps off the screen several times each game with his athleticism and playmaking. It's refreshing (and shouldn't be so rare at Miami).

He's one of the few true natural athlete/football players we have on this defense. The guy is a natural on the field - so fluid.

Advertisement
We've had Dorsett, Coley, and Berrios during those 3 years. Any of those guys can take it to the house.

Elder is nasty, but he's only gone up against community colleges so far.

We've had Dorsett, Coley, and Berrios during those 3 years. Any of those guys can take it to the house.

I wonder what the rationale was for inserting Berrios over Elder.

Advertisement

Can but they didn't. Dorsett had no wiggle, I think he had 1 return for a TD in 3 years. Coley was no good on returns after Burgess destroyed him on the opening kick in 2014.

Took a Berrios injury for Folden to finally use him at PR. LOL at our special special teams' coach.

Advertisement
His size is going to hold him back this year and it's actually something he can improve. I think he's well-served to play another year. If he continues to completely ball out, I'd understand. Just saying he can really solidify himself if he spends the offseason putting on at least 10-12 pounds.

His size is going to hold him back this year and it's actually something he can improve. I think he's well-served to play another year. If he continues to completely ball out, I'd understand. Just saying he can really solidify himself if he spends the offseason putting on at least 10-12 pounds.
He'll hit the juice before the combined. If he plays the entire season like this he's gone. Nobody is staying an extra year to add weight.

Advertisement
He'll hit the juice before the combined. If he plays the entire season like this he's gone. Nobody is staying an extra year to add weight.

Like I said, if he continues to play like this, I get it. Otherwise, come back and max out your first contract.

I wonder what the rationale was for inserting Berrios over Elder.

Based on the risk aversion of our coaches, could be that they think Berrios has better hands and less of a chance to muff a punt while still having some wiggle...

Took a Berrios injury for Folden to finally use him at PR. LOL at our special special teams' coach.

Not only that but I remember Alf was messing around in putting Burns back on KORs when he was clearly not equipped to handle them. He kept trotting Burns out there despite Elder almost housing one a week or so earlier. It was almost as if Elder was benched for a great return. Think it was his freshman year.

Advertisement
Back