Cormani out at CU

Advertisement
There is no need to get into a debate over semantics whether he’s a “kid” or not. But I think we can all agree that 20 year olds are not yet fully mature. So while he certainly shares blame, there are a lot of other factors.

I think this board generally forgets that we try to apply our logic as 30,40,50 year olds to the actions of 18-22 year olds and we really can’t.
Age ain’t got sht to do with maturity. Does it help? Of course.
But an 18 year old that made a conscious decision to join the military and possibly get injured or die in combat is a stark contrast to an 18 year that allegedly doesn’t want to attend class or put in the work.
Even if the program was toxic it has nothing to do with what he chooses to do personally.
I keep bringing up KJ because he was in a program down here that had zero culture but put in the work himself.

If at 18 or 19 he doesn’t have maturity, then it’s expected.
But not having basic personal accountability for your daily responsibilities is a whole different story.

I’ve seen 40 year olds act like children.
Take this place as an example.

We talk a lot of sht about culture in here. But most organized team sports are have a forced culture.
Team leaders enforce film time. Coaches keep tabs on what players are doing and you lose reps or playing time if your slacking.

Do you know how difficult it is to have a team like the 2001 canes had. I’m not talking about talent. I’m talking about a team where the Coaches could literally not show up and not worry that sht was gonna get done.

I had a a friend who’s brother was a seal. He said they never ran in formation as a team.
No organized pt sessions.
He said everyone took care of their own fitness because they already had that discipline and knew they depended on each other and if they didn’t keep a standard they would get ostracized by the team.
Do you know what would happen to the average marine platoon if the platoon sergeant said go PT on your own? Go clean riffles whenever you have time?
Go hump up those mountains for 17 miles on your own time.
Good luck my friend.

Every special ops member used to go to the Army’s jump school. But everyone else does too if they are in a unit that has to be jump qualified. So you used to have a chunky girl next to a seal. It’s crazy right?!
From a physical fitness standpoint it’s a joke.
The green berets and seals would run after classes ended.
Why? Because they can’t let their standards drop. You would see them at the pull up bars with body armor, carrying sand bags, and all kinds of crazy sht. There is was no spec ops commanding officer supervising seals or green berets in jump school.

Expecting someone to show up on a team with good culture and then having some immense transformative experience because of it is wishful thinking.
Agiye Hall was at Bama. Great culture, great coaches, great tradition. Immense talent imo.

Some kids just don’t get it and some do.

I’ll say it at nauseam. Talent and elite talent is plentiful and wasted by the ton.
Self discipline, character and will is what is extremely rare.

Doesn’t mean Cormani won’t turn into some special talent. But the chips are stacked against him unless he can look in the mirror and say that nobody else is going to get them out of this mess except him.

Advertisement
Nearly 50 pages for a guy who never played here and will likely never impact your lives or your TV screen?

Yall really this sick
Mtv Nyc GIF by Paramount+

I am pretty sure he will end up at UF. Is the natural selection and UF is in need of help in the secondary and momentum.

I am pretty sure he will end up at UF. Is the natural selection and UF is in need of help in the secondary and momentum.
They’ve taken a lot of CBs I feel like.

Jakeem
Dijon
Sharif
Foster
Grimsley
Trikwese
Now Cormani

Room is loaded with young talent it seems. We can’t keep 2 CBs without a parent threatening us at every stage 🤣

Advertisement
In this debate over what constitutes and adult, let's not lose sight of the fact that the 18-20 yr olds we're debating about are the same ones we had to warn about eating Tide pods.

Maybe they're just dumb.
Or maybe some are dumb but others fight in wars so maybe cormani is the worst of both worlds- aware enough but dumb enough

Cormani is immature, but he's also just a piece of **** personality. Piece of **** is thinking you're entitled to things because you had a good HS football career, skipping classes, skipping practices, blowing off coaches that are flying across the state to meet you and not telling them you won't be there, being secretive and lying to ppl and then calling them trim, etc list goes on.

Yes he's immature. But he's also just a ****** person. Sure you can take the cop out and say he don't got a daddy, and a selfish mom. But many kids on earth don't have a dad and a selfish mom, and not all of them turn out to be ****ups. A lot of them work their *** off to overcome that. He was gifted a rare talent that has given him the ability to easily monetarily prosper in ways 99% of other ppl in his position wouldn't be able to and he's going to **** it up. Bc his character as a person is ***.

Whether his fault or his parents fault, idc. Point remains, he has a ******, *** juice, personality archetype that historically fails 99% of the time at life. And Miami coaches are not going to take him back, that's comically stupid if some of you think they should lol.

Advertisement
Some Gators think he’s been showing up at UF on his own and his camp is feeding Nakos, etc. the info to drive up the impression that they’re interested

Look, we all know the truth.

Cormani is going to spend most of his time in Hogtown at Dave & Busters.

And asking Slingblade Billy to drive him there in the G-Wagon.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back