Cormani out at CU

You guys are too sensitive if the kid wants in you definitely take a chance, has a couple of years of eligibility, great size especially with our DB room why will we say no. My only qualm is his NIL deal shouldn't be what we originally offered.
Sanders, who wanted to market the **** out of the kid and continue bringing in top corners didn't even play him on a horrendous D. Most of the reasons he mentioned were off the field.

I don't believe in the sour grapes don't take a kid because he left town logic. I took back rique with open arms. But you supposedly put in as much work on culture as we are and bring in this kid? If you're in the program doing all the right things and this squirt (who also intentionally embarrassed the program) comes in and takes your job, why continue to do so?

Advertisement
We don't need players who don't give effort. Haven't we seen enough of players who've been told they're a special talent and think that's enough to carry them?

Study. Prepare. Be on time for meetings, show up to the darn meetings. Understand what we're doing as a scheme. Want to play this game, desire to play this game, desire to be the best in this game in practice, in the film room and on your own free time.

He still has the same physical tools as before if Miami passed on a kid every time they had character issues we wouldn’t have any rings
Physical tools are only a portion of the equation. Work ethic, desire, consistency, understanding of the game, working as part of a team, and coachability are just as important. Apparently Cormani hasn't displayed much of those traits and could barely see the field over far lower recruits and kids with lesser "physical tools "

We're over by 8 people the last I heard. Yes it will.
Not saying you're wrong here, but I believe someone on the updated roster thread commented we are at 82 scholarships based off of that list provided (without knowing 2-3 kids situations for sure).

I’d still take him here (runs away)

GIF by South Park

Advertisement
Go ahead name the them.

And the keep in mind we need help at CB, WR, and S or G. So say add 3. With the 8 over plus 3 needed position, name 11 now.

And also, we need actual help at CB not a bad character freshman who hasn't performed well yet, so add another to the cut list.

Name 12 guys to cut. And let's see if that 12th guy is worth cutting over cormani.

Any 12 I come up with you will just disagree with to support your argument lol

But let me ask you this and shake whatever feelings you are in over how his recruitment went, and I get the shade this kid deserves on how that went down, but would you trade the Cormani gamble with the talent he has for any of these dudes spots on the roster

Harris
Williams
Freeney

Again as you can go back and re-read I’m not advocating for the jit and if the bridges are burned with Mario really that’s all that matters.

But Mario will make the numbers work, it always does work out. Cormani has 1st round potential, if u think he’s worth taking a low risk high reward gamble I def buy it

No, why it’s titled rumor.

CU fans started it, they were in a frenzy constantly posting “where’s Cormani” on every social media video of offseason workouts.

Then an FSU podcast really blew it up saying Cormani was spotted on campus.

It could be nothing, but when there’s smoke…

I know you mentioned it as a rumor. With the way news travels so fast and things being 24 hours later, I was just asking if there was more concrete info.

Not saying you're wrong here, but I believe someone on the updated roster thread commented we are at 82 scholarships based off of that list provided (without knowing 2-3 kids situations for sure).
I know the numbers will change once the portal opens. I'm sure there are a few that will be asked to move on.

But with our recruiting class and portal activity already, we have to choose wisely.

Advertisement
Gotta realize that roster doesn’t include kids who didn’t enroll yet.

The total count right now sits at 92 (that’s without including Mario’s nephew and JTs son).

Gotta realize that roster doesn’t include kids who didn’t enroll yet.

The total count right now sits at 92 (that’s without including Mario’s nephew and JTs son).
That means we have to cut 11 to get to 81 for 4 portal additions of WR1, 2 DB's and a RB.

Def do not want Cormani but idk why everyone is so worried about the numbers. Its actually not that bad. I can think of a list of people who I wouldn't think twice about cutting from this team.

Advertisement
lol I feel sorry for you but yes I keep forgetting about the nfl corners that will show up after spring. Sorry to break the news to you it will just be some jags that have played a bunch of snaps. Bet on cormani’s traits and take a chance

There you go again, making wild-*** generalizations when I gave specifics.

"NFL corners". What, THAT is the standard? **** off already, the choice is not "Cormani or NFL corners". Good lord. How about "college cornerbacks with reps and stats and production who don't have toxic personalities and are ready to play on Day 1 and don't have crazy money-grubbing mothers"? Because that's the standard that I'm looking for.

"Bet on Cormani's traits"? Which ones? The fact that he's still a string bean and isn't the fastest and hasn't proven himself against top competition in Lakeland or Colorado? You mean those traits? Or how about being untrustworthy and unreliable, not to mention poor work ethic, sense of entitlement, and crazy money-grubbing mother?

Yeah, I see Cormani's traits, and I wouldn't bet a plugged nickel on those weak-*** traits.

We don't need players who don't give effort. Haven't we seen enough of players who've been told they're a special talent and think that's enough to carry them?

Study. Prepare. Be on time for meetings, show up to the darn meetings. Understand what we're doing as a scheme. Want to play this game, desire to play this game, desire to be the best in this game in practice, in the film room and on your own free time.

Kid was 17-18 getting life changing $$$ thrown his/his families way by multiple schools

I think back to when I was that age and I can’t imagine how I woulda acted especially if I had some snakes in my circle guiding me

Not excusing what he/they did, just adding my perspective. Maybe the kid gets humbled? Maybe he never does? We don’t know that answer now but I’ve spent a total of 0 seconds with him. I’d trust Mario’s choice considering he’s spent considerable time with both the kid and the family.

What did he show you at Colorado that suggests he's a take now?

Nothing. He thinks we should gamble on kids in their 20s who still have the same "traits" they had in high school...

Because, you know, I guess, these college transfers once had 5 stars in high school. Or else our old defensive coaching staff once liked a particular recruit.

Makes sense...

Advertisement
I mean I’m not saying I want the kid but we really closing the book on a kid after not producing his true FR year?

After all the lying and game-playing, both in Florida and Colorado?

After even "player's coach" Neon Deion had to put a foot up the kid's *** to get him to work harder?

Yep, close the book.

1710436166408.png

Advertisement
Back