Cormani out at CU

Still a elite talent our staff wanted him for a reason talent wise won’t be a better corner in the portal
Well of course, he was viewed by many programs and coaches as one of the top corners of his class. As a coach and as a program, you take the in-state blue chip prospect out of high school because the reward is worth the risk (assuming of course the character evals. demonstrated a risk). You gamble on the blue-chip prospect because while he might be a bust the reward is worth it.

The dynamics now of course have changed. He isn't a blue-chip high school prospect. His character issues haven't improved. He hasn't produced yet in college and he's already looking for a better situation.

Cormani as a prospect does not hold the same value today as he did a year ago.

Advertisement
Learn to use punctuation...

Still a elite talent - is he? How do you know? You'd probably still take Al Bundy, who scored 4 touchdowns in one game for Polk High. In 1966. At this point, high school doesn't matter any longer, a player needs to get better/faster/stronger every year, and that hasn't happened in the past year-plus. If he was such an elite talent, it should have shown at Colorado, particularly since the head coach was a HOF cornerback. So maybe, while he was good in high school, his talents are being eclipsed by stubbornness, laziness, and uncoachability. Talent doesn't stay with you forever, you can squander talent.

our staff wanted him for a reason - so? DVD is not at Miami any longer, he's at USF (which would be a great landing spot for Poke County legend Cormani), so it's time to move on. Outside of Coach Joe, we don't have a single other defensive-side coach from the time when Cormani was being recruited. Sure, we "wanted him for a reason", he was highly rated, he had mutual interest, and he projected well. Now that we see that those three attributes were all bullcrap, it no longer matters what we wanted over a year ago.

talent wise won’t be a better corner in the portal - how do you know this? You have no idea. You have no clue who will be in the Portal in May. You don't need to sign "the most talented" player, you need to sign the BEST player, the one ready to play IMMEDIATELY, the one who can be TRUSTED on the field and off the field, the one who will not destroy team harmony and morale.

Go back to playing video game football. In the real world, you have to factor in a player's personality and work ethic.
lol I feel sorry for you but yes I keep forgetting about the nfl corners that will show up after spring. Sorry to break the news to you it will just be some jags that have played a bunch of snaps. Bet on cormani’s traits and take a chance

Well of course, he was viewed by many programs and coaches as one of the top corners of his class. As a coach and as a program, you take the in-state blue chip prospect out of high school because the reward is worth the risk (assuming of course the character evals. demonstrated a risk). You gamble on the blue-chip prospect because while he might be a bust the reward is worth it.

The dynamics now of course have changed. He isn't a blue-chip high school prospect. His character issues haven't improved. He hasn't produced yet in college and he's already looking for a better situation.

Cormani as a prospect does not hold the same value today as he did a year ago.
He still has the same physical tools as before if Miami passed on a kid every time they had character issues we wouldn’t have any rings

Still a elite talent our staff wanted him for a reason talent wise won’t be a better corner in the portal
You don't know who's going to jump in the portal after the spring period. There's a CB in the portal right now from Arizona who has produced and is a starter level player that I'd rather go for before even touching Cormani.

Cormani is talented but I'm not rushing to get him right now. Especially if it means expending resources to do so.

Advertisement
I haven't heard about the police reports but I don't doubt it. But the biggest red flag I was told was put to me this way...

"Mom is the problem. Cormani and his mom both need a daddy"
Say Word Reaction GIF by Justin

Not sure he cared if Cormani was legit or not. He cared about the marketing hype of landing him since I’m sure his plan was to be out of Colorado after his kid graduates

Media comparing Cormani to the Hunter situation was smh worthy. By all accounts Hunter, besides being way more talented, also handles his business. I have a friend that spoke to his school and at Jackson St about fitness and nutrition and he said Hunter was sitting there taking notes about everything, super engaged and professional etc
Hunter should be a wr imo

people got mad when some of us said negative things about him. He was all "potential" there were red flags from everyone in the know and coaches like you.
It seems like he never mentally recovered his confidence after the poor UA All Star game practice showing. (kid from Utah was working him in drills). Then the whispers started and people started looking at him with the side-eye after he stopped practicing I think and then didnt play in the game at all IRRC. (I could be wrong here).

Seems like a kid that realized that maybe he wasnt as good as he thought he was just off natural talent alone and he needed to actually put in work to be great. Which he never had to do in his life and wasnt willing to do. (per the buzz coming out of Colorado) Hence, here we are.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Nothing to do right away. He went to highest bidder. Miami upped bag twice for the kid, he still didn’t shut it down/sign. Continued taking calls and negotiating (not sure if it was him directly or his advisors). His team even went to Bama (before CU visit) saying for 800K he would flip from Miami to them. It was biggest bag wins.
View attachment 284562
We should have saw the signs. Cormani was labeled the best CB prospect since Patrick Peterson back in 2008 and even Saban didnt want to touch him. He saw something in his character that he didnt like. Colorado found out the hard way.

Advertisement
Depends how you look at it I guess. Me I don't like dudes acting like ******* trying to get their notoriety up at the expense of dudes who supposed to be your brothers. I can't help but notice all the media **** he's been doing since he failed miserably as a qb corch. What he's saying isn't wrong at all. Needs to be accountability. The problem is #1 he's not saying how often he'd be out and about at 2 or 3 in the am seeing me or my people at clubs as grown men who've all already achieved success begging us to pull up with his people etc. How rarely he'd take football activities seriously throughout the week. How minimal his practice efforts were. What a horrible leader he was as a starting qb to set **** poor examples etc. You wanna hold people accountable than start with yourself and start while you're in college and wasting away life and your opportunities. That **** he's doing now is hoe ****.
i was talking figuratively with respect to the UM HOF.

I mean I’m not saying I want the kid but we really closing the book on a kid after not producing his true FR year?
The first question is whether there are better options out there. If the answer is no, then you question whether the drama is worth it.

No inside info, but I'd be willing to bet there's already a person or two they have in mind not named Cormani.

Advertisement
Back