2023 Cormani McClain CB Commits to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I mean the joke's on you if you're asking for his autograph on anything other than a cheque.

Even then I'd march him to the bank to make sure it didn't bounce.

Lol… I wouldn’t ask him for his autograph. As a kid yeah I would have but as a grown adult man I’ve never asked anyone for their autograph unless like you said they are signing a check for me

The adults in this kids life are leading him astray and it's a **** shame.
I made a similar comment a few days ago when the writing was on the wall and a few people said my comment was embarrassing.
@bobbydigius

It’s not wrong to say that a parent is not acting in their child’s best interest, and that it would be in the best interest of the young person to separate from their parent in an important issue. Parents only ***** over their kids happens hundreds of times a day in every context, and even more so when money is involved; see every single child actor/musician in history. The parent does not always do it on purpose but that really does not make a difference in the life of the young person.

Advertisement
Aye man; TC looking like he’s figuring out the league my boy. I was going to hit u, but I see my guy is starting to get that “stay away from him” treatment. Looking healthy & locked in.
Oh yeah it's lock down throw it wherever #32 ain't at status from here on out. I've been having visions of this sent Ty was 8 years old. Lots of Pro Bowl & All-Pro nods on the way.

Kid was the Anti-McClain during his recruitment. Played it so close to the vest that he wouldn't tell me the ****ery involved in him eliminating the U til after the fact. I know I told you in a PM before but I'ma share it with the board now.

We couldn't even tell cuz where he would live during his stay in CG. That's some bull****!!! How in the **** do you not know where a consensus 5 star is gonna live?!?! But that's the past and we're COMMITTED to athletics now. I'm personally hurt that things weren't like they are now, but it's all good. That'll be a non-factor going forward....

Last edited:
I know that a lot of good people are putting forth a lot of good ideas to regulate NIL.

But here's the deal.

You can't. You just can't.

Any governing body, whether it is the NCAA or the quasi-NCAA or whatever you invent...cannot put restrictions on the ability to earn outside income. They just can't. While the Supreme Court ruling was NOT NOT NOT about NIL (it was about academic achievement awards), the test articulated requires the NCAA to prove its compelling interest in regulating such activity. Which, again, in the Supreme Court case was ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT AWARDS, but which could easily (particularly if lone-wolf Kavanaugh gets his way) be applied to NIL deals.

Sorry.

Now, that is a different deal from regulations that say that pre-enrollment deals constitute an impermissible recruiting inducement. That COULDA WOULDA SHOULDA worked if the NCAA had taken action earlier, or blown enough Congressmen (and/or women) to get legislation passed.

It's probably too late now to put the genie back in the bottle.

But I understand everyone's concerns. And I'm not saying you don't have great ideas. They just aren't workable under antitrust laws, unless there was a massive re-working of the NCAA rules and US law.

The NCAA and the colleges ****ed this up by (a) allowing state law to dictate, (b) essentially abandoning decades of its own rules and precentes on boosters and booster activity, and (c) failing to establish a few bright-line rules related to permissible timing (which, by themselves, could very easily have withstood Supreme Court scrutiny, except for that idiot Kavanaugh).
Preach the truth brother.

Yeah pat looked like a nfl corner as a senior in hs. And now he’s manhandling nfl WR’s. That don’t happen. Money cover skills are remarkable but my grandmother wouldn’t let him leave the crib with that weight.. 3 meals a day
**** yeah family!!! My granny had me walkin' round this bih 40 pounds up from 9th grade lol. Hella eggs & white potatoes and collards & mustards & turnip greens. Had my forearms lookin' like Youth Fair Turkey Legs!!!

**** yeah family!!! My granny had me walkin' round this bih 40 pounds up from 9th grade lol. Hella eggs & white potatoes and collards & mustards & turnip greens. Had my forearms lookin' like Youth Fair Turkey Legs!!!
Unc came home from up the road i was on the white ice honey buns with the peanut butter on top 😂😂 we didn’t do the frail ****

Advertisement
I made a similar comment a few days ago when the writing was on the wall and a few people said my comment was embarrassing.
@bobbydigius

It’s not wrong to say that a parent is not acting in their child’s best interest, and that it would be in the best interest of the young person to separate from their parent in an important issue. Parents only ***** over their kids happens hundreds of times a day in every context, and even more so when money is involved; see every single child actor/musician in history. The parent does not always do it on purpose but that really does not make a difference in the life of the young person.
The examples you have are immersed in truth, but the statement given your position in this, you aren’t close to it and are a fan of the school that perceives it’s been done dirty, makes you look a bit off, to say the least.

It’s better to not say it at all because it is such a strong statement that you are making based on arms length evidence at best.

Surtain was the better prospect in comparison to McClain. Surtain's body was college ready, faster, and played superior competition. People just gave up on challenging him.

McClain will be good, but that frame is tiny. Lance Leggett tiny, so I'm not sure how he's going to do adding good weight. I don't ever see him approaching Surtain's level in college or in the pro's.
In my opinion, the greatest strides Lil Pat had to make involved that tool between his two shoulders. He didn't have the short term memory needed to be a dominant CB. If you beat Pat for a decent gain, got up talkin' ****, he'd go in the tank for the rest of the day. He & Tricky Nicky fixed that **** pronto. Fast forward to now and the 3 best corners in AFC play in Duval, Denver and East Rutherford...

Advertisement
The examples you have are immersed in truth, but the statement given your position in this, you aren’t close to it and are a fan of the school that perceives it’s been done dirty, makes you look a bit off, to say the least.

It’s better to not say it at all because it is such a strong statement that you are making based on arms length evidence at best.
Fair point.

Oh yeah it's lock down throw it wherever #32 ain't at status from here on out. I've been having visions of this sent Ty was 8 years old. Lots of Pro Bowl & All-Pro nods on the way.

Kid was the Anti-McClain during his recruitment. Played it so close to the vest that he wouldn't tell me the ****ery involved in him eliminating the U til after the fact. I know I told you in a PM before but I'ma share it with the board now.

We couldn't even tell cuz where he would live during his stay in CG. That's some bull****!!! How in the **** do you not know where a consensus 5 star where he's gonna live?!?! But that's the past and we're COMMITTED to athletics now. I'm personally hurt that things weren't like they are now, but it's all good. That'll be a non-factor going forward....
Was it really just that they were unsure if the new dorms would be ready When he got there?

In my opinion, the greatest strides Lil Pat had to make involved that tool between his two shoulders. He didn't have the short term memory needed to be a dominant CB. If you beat Pat for a decent gain, got up talkin' ****, he'd go in the tank for the rest of the day. He & Tricky Nicky fixed that **** pronto. Fast forward to now and the 3 best corners in AFC play in Duval, Denver and East Rutherford...

It's classic, I'm the top dog there ever was, syndrome.

The best are so used to be the best, they forget what it's like to be punched in the mouth, humbled if you will. You're going to always get that and you can doubt yourself and ride your past accomplishments out, or raise your game.

You can't tell what someone has in them until you toss them in a pressure cooker situation. That's true of every low ranked prospect to the highest ranked prospect. Of course there's going to be misevaluations, but more than that what are they made of. How do they respond to adversity.

You gotta want it. He wants it. So do many others. It's come what cliche, but when it hurts, who keeps going forward. Your teammates are out partying, you're in getting rest and start the grind the next day. Sacrifice, it's real if you got what he's got. Sure, he's got a talent advantage, but he didn't get to where he is on that alone. Most pros don't.

Advertisement
People claiming all over social
Media that Cormani should jump at the opportunity to learn under Prime and play next the Travis hunter. Apparently two top CB’s are gonna take Colorado all
The way to the Natty. Bold statement for two players who have never played power 5 football and a coaching staff who couldn’t beat SC State.
If he’s a db guru then what high school or college low rated kid has he gotten drafted?

Can’t have it both ways.

You either transform low rated kids into studs or you don’t.

Can’t start claiming you’re a champ at producing db’s because you recruited 2 freaks that are as close as early draft picks as you can get.

We couldn't even tell cuz where he would live during his stay in CG. That's some bull****!!! How in the **** do you not know where a consensus 5 star where he's gonna live?!?! But that's the past and we're COMMITTED to athletics now. I'm personally hurt that things weren't like they are now, but it's all good. That'll be a non-factor going forward....

Imma keep it 100 w/ u Fam-o,

We didn’t have the infrastructure during that time to get the best out of TC or PS2, bruh. From top to bottom, it was a mess. Honestly, that yr my perspective changed. Yeah, u know I wanted him here, too, but would he had been an early 2nd round pick coming to Miami vs. UGA? Like, fans can complain about local kids not staying home during that period, but I literally said, if I was a parent or unc of a high profiled kid, no way they were coming here. Hella unorganized & then once I got wind of how their OVs went….bruh!

Anyways, happy for my boy, man. Him & Surtain r looking & living up to the hype. Happy for the fam, too. U been a solid one despite TC going elsewhere. Everyone done bounced the scene & u stayed right here.

At this point it’s clear McClain isn’t coming instead of a massive flip
should just pull his scholarship offer
At least he won’t get trolled anymore

Imma keep it 100 w/ u Fam-o,

We didn’t have the infrastructure during that time to get the best out of TC or PS2, bruh. From top to bottom, it was a mess. Honestly, that yr my perspective changed. Yeah, u know I wanted him here, too, but would he had been an early 2nd round pick coming to Miami vs. UGA? Like, fans can complain about local kids not staying home during that period, but I literally said, if I was a parent or unc of a high profiled kid, no way they were coming here. Hella unorganized & then once I got wind of how their OVs went….bruh!

Anyways, happy for my boy, man. Him & Surtain r looking & living up to the hype. Happy for the fam, too. U been a solid one despite TC going elsewhere. Everyone done bounced the scene & u stayed right here.

He's related to Tyson?

How in the **** didn't I know that if that's the case?

I gotta admit, I tuned out their recruitment. Real serious elite schools after them and all we got is someone who coached them at one point. I knew how that script was flowing. Got into is with Franchise over it, saying how our state mattered more than connections.

Anyhow, enough about that. Don't blame them one bit, I wouldn't have sent a kid of mine to play for a coaching staff I didn't believe in. That's not disrespect to Rumph, but NFL draft picks do get the winning program bump. Play with better talent, you're going to look better and as a player, you're going to push harder or that guy behind you is going to snatch your spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back