2023 Cormani McClain CB Commits to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
People claiming all over social
Media that Cormani should jump at the opportunity to learn under Prime and play next the Travis hunter. Apparently two top CB’s are gonna take Colorado all
The way to the Natty. Bold statement for two players who have never played power 5 football and a coaching staff who couldn’t beat SC State.
People on social media are today’s version of a troglodyte. It’s a bunch of ultra low IQ individuals. All they know is that it’s Coach Prime and if you asked them how they rank him as an HC, he is just under Saban.

Advertisement
0C93101F-6DD8-4889-B64D-9CD56F6CBBAC.jpeg

Driving down to Connecticut to nuke this tomorrow, buddy only got a little bit down for me.

They knew this kid was gonna get dragged on social media and that the writers were gonna bash him.

It’s all damage control including the documentary.
Trust me. They’re gonna
make him look like an introverted mommas boy who doesn’t want the attention and just wants to play for Deion cause he’s the greatest. Lol.

First it was his moms fault for shutting down the signing
Then it was grades
Then it was his school didn’t want to send paper work or transcripts

Then it was he didn’t know he couldn’t sign on the 15th

Now he all of the sudden his coaches saying that he is some introverted non attention seeking young man.

Ohh and btw, he Hates the spotlight and the cameras
Despite the fact that everything being done right now has to do with cameras following him everywhere.

Next it’s gonna be that he didn’t know the staff was coming to see him.

Now everyone around him is acting like they didn’t know where he was at or where he was going.
Every narrative is being spun to protect the dudes image.
Facts

And Fuq Deon he's a Nole period end of story

Brown ain't no ball hawk but he's nasty, going to be good
He’s a good prospect for sure.
For what it’s worth, I do think Cormani is the better prospect but I was just using Brown as a hypothetical example of might happen if he see snaps earlier just do to his body being more ready.
I’m excited about this class with class with or without Cormani.

Tbh I can't remember ever seeing Travis Hunter content via Barstool. Not saying Barstool isn't providing NLI deals, but I wonder when/how they're monetizing these supposed deals. Where's the ROI?

Uh, Barstool Sports being purchased by Penn Gaming...

Advertisement
He’s a good prospect for sure.
For what it’s worth, I do think Cormani is the better prospect but I was just using Brown as a hypothetical example of might happen if he see snaps earlier just do to his body being more ready.
I’m excited about this class with class with or without Cormani.
Brown is a typical bama db can tackle is big and can close. That's all I need from my corners.

Why is barstool up Deons ***? Is it political or some ****? I'm dead *** trying to find out why they backing him. I don't get it
hes a personality in the media. he was doing CBS pregame NFL before going back to B more. hes on Aflac commercials. he just did MNF with Peyton and Eli for a segment. not hard to understand the attraction to an outspoken NFL HOFer. a lot of people growing up (kids watching football) loved those cowboys teams w Deion, smith, aik, Irvin. I get you guys hate him right now but you honestly dont see why he gets the pub he gets

Since NIL contracts are being written just as most other business contracts could we see NIL's having non-compete clauses added? Something to the affect of if they leave it has to be out of conference etc....

Sure. You think Kool-Aid is going to be happy when Kool-Aid McKinstry starts shilling for Crystal Light?

Out of conference, though? Not likely.

Advertisement
Why is barstool up Deons ***? Is it political or some ****? I'm dead *** trying to find out why they backing him. I don't get it

I think it's some kind of weird nexus between "celebrity" and "cool factor" and "doing things differently". That, and the fact that Deion did some work for Barstool previously.

Lots of posters are really not aware about HOW ******* RICH you get when your company gets bought out. Ask Mark Cuban.

So if that pizza-guzzler can make his company look more **** and desirable than it actually is, he doesn't need to make that last forever. Just until the closing date of the acquisition.

Trust me, my company has been trying to buy another company for the last several months, and the target (or its primary owner) keeps ******* with us.

hes a personality in the media. he was doing CBS pregame NFL before going back to B more. hes on Aflac commercials. he just did MNF with Peyton and Eli for a segment. not hard to understand the attraction to an outspoken NFL HOFer. a lot of people growing up (kids watching football) loved those cowboys teams w Deion, smith, aik, Irvin. I get you guys hate him right now but you honestly dont see why he gets the pub he gets
My personal opinion has nothing to do with him as a person or his personality (although I do think it’s easier to scoff at his corny persona and haughty appearance in front of the camera).

In fact I hope they keep hyping him up. I’ll get to financially benefit from the public’s perception of a media darling that clouds judgement on his capabilities as a HC. You see that 2023 schedule? He’ll fall flat on his face next season. He lost both HBCU games that mattered with superior talent, I just don’t think he can coach. 3-9 is probably par for the course, 4 wins max.

@ TCU: L
Nebraska: L
Colorado St: 80% W
@ Oregon: L
USC: L
@ ASU: 70% L
Stanford: 50/50
@ UCLA: L
Oregon St: L
Arizona: 70% L
@ WSU: L
@ Utah: L

I get it I'm understanding but he's the enemy right now. But if I step away from my cane heart I understand. Thanks for the info bruh

From ON3 this morning:

Speaking to a source close to the situation in Lakeland on Wednesday morning, it appears that Miami remains an option.

“He’s committed to Miami still but is playing the game,” . “I know how secretive the kid is. I think they are still waiting (to make a final decision). If they knew what they were going to do they would have announced it already.”

The source also said that not only did McClain keep Miami coaches in the dark about his Colorado visit, but he also kept the Lakeland High coaching staff in the dark. The net result of that was Miami sending up its entire defensive staff to Lakeland High on Friday unaware that McClain was already on his way to Boulder,

“Nobody knew anything about it,” the source said. “He’s just having fun.”

The source also said that a film crew has begun following McClain around, apparently part of a documentary that his mother told a reporter about back in December. It was described as “a group” of camera people by the source.

It all makes for quite the recruitment.

This is the recipe so far: Top recruit + secrecy + documentary = chaos.

Oh, and let’s also throw this in: Per the source, apparently the McClain family was unaware that he couldn’t sign anywhere Jan. 15. Originally Cormani was telling people that he would be signing this past Sunday.

Of course, that was impossible. The three-day December signing window had long since passed. And the next window to sign a binding letter-of-intent doesn’t start until Feb. 1.

“I don’t think they realized that,” the source said.

Now there will likely be a couple of more weeks of drama, as Miami apparently will still take McClain if he opts to stick with his commitment.

So what will ultimately be the final stop of this bizarre recruiting road show?

Holy sheeeit. I always knew January 15th was bull****, but I didn't know it was stupid ignorant bull****...

Oh, and let’s also throw this in: Per the source, apparently the McClain family was unaware that he couldn’t sign anywhere Jan. 15. Originally Cormani was telling people that he would be signing this past Sunday.

Of course, that was impossible. The three-day December signing window had long since passed. And the next window to sign a binding letter-of-intent doesn’t start until Feb. 1.

“I don’t think they realized that,” the source said.

Advertisement
I think it's some kind of weird nexus between "celebrity" and "cool factor" and "doing things differently". That, and the fact that Deion did some work for Barstool previously.

Lots of posters are really not aware about HOW ******* RICH you get when your company gets bought out. Ask Mark Cuban.

So if that pizza-guzzler can make his company look more **** and desirable than it actually is, he doesn't need to make that last forever. Just until the closing date of the acquisition.

Trust me, my company has been trying to buy another company for the last several months, and the target (or its primary owner) keeps ******* with us.
U got this bruh buyem out TOC

Advertisement
Yup I said it from day one, the transfer portal (with immediate eligibility would be a disaster). The way i see it, there are two fixes:

1. No immediate eligibility unless your HC leaves or is fired. Otherwise, sit a year.

2. Quit the sharades with this NLI **** not being connected to school. Make it connected to schools and make the contract enforceable. If in year 2 the kid wants to leave, you have to buy out the school from the contract. If in year 2 the kid wants a raise? Tough fckin ****. You signed a contract, so pay the buy out or sit.

I know that a lot of good people are putting forth a lot of good ideas to regulate NIL.

But here's the deal.

You can't. You just can't.

Any governing body, whether it is the NCAA or the quasi-NCAA or whatever you invent...cannot put restrictions on the ability to earn outside income. They just can't. While the Supreme Court ruling was NOT NOT NOT about NIL (it was about academic achievement awards), the test articulated requires the NCAA to prove its compelling interest in regulating such activity. Which, again, in the Supreme Court case was ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT AWARDS, but which could easily (particularly if lone-wolf Kavanaugh gets his way) be applied to NIL deals.

Sorry.

Now, that is a different deal from regulations that say that pre-enrollment deals constitute an impermissible recruiting inducement. That COULDA WOULDA SHOULDA worked if the NCAA had taken action earlier, or blown enough Congressmen (and/or women) to get legislation passed.

It's probably too late now to put the genie back in the bottle.

But I understand everyone's concerns. And I'm not saying you don't have great ideas. They just aren't workable under antitrust laws, unless there was a massive re-working of the NCAA rules and US law.

The NCAA and the colleges ****ed this up by (a) allowing state law to dictate, (b) essentially abandoning decades of its own rules and precentes on boosters and booster activity, and (c) failing to establish a few bright-line rules related to permissible timing (which, by themselves, could very easily have withstood Supreme Court scrutiny, except for that idiot Kavanaugh).

My personal opinion has nothing to do with him as a person or his personality (although I do think it’s easier to scoff at his corny persona and haughty appearance in front of the camera).

In fact I hope they keep hyping him up. I’ll get to financially benefit from the public’s perception of a media darling that clouds judgement on his capabilities as a HC. You see that 2023 schedule? He’ll fall flat on his face next season. He lost both HBCU games that mattered with superior talent, I just don’t think he can coach. 3-9 is probably par for the course, 4 wins max.

@ TCU: L
Nebraska: L
Colorado St: 80% W
@ Oregon: L
USC: L
@ ASU: 70% L
Stanford: 50/50
@ UCLA: L
Oregon St: L
Arizona: 70% L
@ WSU: L
@ Utah: L
Colorado State was hot to end the season. I wouldn’t chalk that up as a loss just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back