2023 Cormani McClain CB Commits to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I don't know how he signs with Miami after being a no show when the coaches visited. I guess there's a way to spin that story, but to me, it seemed like a nail in the coffin.

no issues w miami on a take it or leave it. if he isnt sure, he isnt sure and he can decide whenver he wants. i wouldnt offer more than we already have tbh. let it play out and if he comes, he comes.

I don't know how he signs with Miami after being a no show when the coaches visited. I guess there's a way to spin that story, but to me, it seemed like a nail in the coffin.
doesnt sound like hes coming here but who knows, kids once they had their fun realize whats best for them. doesnt sound like we dropped him at all so it wouldnt be issue of him not being welcome just more so, were here w the offer and thats that.

Advertisement
NIL, the portal and not having to sit a year have made college coaching more brutal than it already was. As someone pointed out, you have to re-recruit a good portion of your roster every year as well as HS players and transfers. Think about a coach at a school like Wake Forest who signs a HS player who blows up at Wake and then decides he can upgrade or get more money at another school. That is what you are facing now. You will figure out who is loyal really quickly.

These kids deserve to be paid && this how I know I been on the site for too long. Weren’t we (canes fans) happy AND aware of the chaos NiL would create once it was introduced a couple years back..? When ppl begin talking about this, everyone knew it would create chaos amongst big boy schools and get some of the mid & smaller level schools a lil bit of fire power. But NOW that it hurts a few of your brains, now it’s a problem!?

Nah pay the kids..then universities (big and small) make huge amounts of paper off them kids..it’s time to pay up. I hope everybody get money & if you want more money..go hustle n get it. Some of y’all broke, we can tell.

From ON3 this morning:

Speaking to a source close to the situation in Lakeland on Wednesday morning, it appears that Miami remains an option.

“He’s committed to Miami still but is playing the game,” . “I know how secretive the kid is. I think they are still waiting (to make a final decision). If they knew what they were going to do they would have announced it already.”

The source also said that not only did McClain keep Miami coaches in the dark about his Colorado visit, but he also kept the Lakeland High coaching staff in the dark. The net result of that was Miami sending up its entire defensive staff to Lakeland High on Friday unaware that McClain was already on his way to Boulder,

“Nobody knew anything about it,” the source said. “He’s just having fun.”

The source also said that a film crew has begun following McClain around, apparently part of a documentary that his mother told a reporter about back in December. It was described as “a group” of camera people by the source.

It all makes for quite the recruitment.

This is the recipe so far: Top recruit + secrecy + documentary = chaos.

Oh, and let’s also throw this in: Per the source, apparently the McClain family was unaware that he couldn’t sign anywhere Jan. 15. Originally Cormani was telling people that he would be signing this past Sunday.

Of course, that was impossible. The three-day December signing window had long since passed. And the next window to sign a binding letter-of-intent doesn’t start until Feb. 1.

“I don’t think they realized that,” the source said.

Now there will likely be a couple of more weeks of drama, as Miami apparently will still take McClain if he opts to stick with his commitment.

So what will ultimately be the final stop of this bizarre recruiting road show?
What a s**t show this is and that documentary will be

Advertisement
My brother-in-law produces reality TV shows, and I told him about this whole fiasco, and this is what he had to say.

Reality shows and documentaries for the most part are scripted. This is great content for the camera crew following him around. Now they can add snippets from reporters and podcasts. No way Deion is going to have some dude get followed around by the film crew for his documentary only for him to commit somewhere else.

It’s going to be a suspenseful chapter for the prime series and they’re going to spin it in a way to make everyone feels sorry for the kid.
That way he comes out, smelling like a rose and people are gonna be feeling sorry for the kid and making the teams putting pressure on him the villains.

Wouldn’t be surprised if they even try to get Ruiz in it.

And Deion is gonna make sure that he is put in the spotlight as some different type of coach that really cares about the player.
And of course uncle Luke is gonna be in it and he’s gonna talk about how Deion is the dude kids should play for.

The earlier post about perception and marketing is 100 percent spot on.
This documentary is a way for Cormani and his mom to change the narrative about her son.

A Primadona.
damn right walter white GIF by Breaking Bad

Advertisement
My brother-in-law produces reality TV shows, and I told him about this whole fiasco, and this is what he had to say.

Reality shows and documentaries for the most part are scripted. This is great content for the camera crew following him around. Now they can add snippets from reporters and podcasts. No way Deion is going to have some dude get followed around by the film crew for his documentary only for him to commit somewhere else.

It’s going to be a suspenseful chapter for the prime series and they’re going to spin it in a way to make everyone feels sorry for the kid.
That way he comes out, smelling like a rose and people are gonna be feeling sorry for the kid and making the teams putting pressure on him the villains.

Wouldn’t be surprised if they even try to get Ruiz in it.

And Deion is gonna make sure that he is put in the spotlight as some different type of coach that really cares about the player.
And of course uncle Luke is gonna be in it and he’s gonna talk about how Deion is the dude kids should play for.

The earlier post about perception and marketing is 100 percent spot on.
This documentary is a way for Cormani and his mom to change the narrative about her son.
If you watch reality shows and documentaries and think that’s real or unbiased you probably believe wrestling is real. Especially those done on an individual. Just look at the Hernandez doc lol, that guy came out a victim or the baby face in their production. It’s either a personal agenda or some other agenda behind this stuff.

His brand. His clout. His documentary (that will likely be ****, pointless and forgotten faster than a 3 minute high school FAP. Keep CM outta UM. This sounds like the entire family is a **** show.

If you watch reality shows and documentaries and think that’s real or unbiased you probably believe wrestling is real. Especially those done on an individual. Just look at the Hernandez doc lol, that guy came out a victim or the baby face in their production. It’s either a personal agenda or some other agenda behind this stuff.
So wait a minute, wrestling is not real? Man I hate this thread!

Advertisement

Documentaries these days are just paid PR. See Redeem Team doc, see Jordan doc, see others.

I can count one one hand how many kids that pull this type of drama actually work out in the end.

He'll be in the portal after a year if he actually got Deion to con him into going there.
Exactly...Jeff Thomas and Avante Williams say hi

I posted when all this happened the Lakeland coaches had no idea what was going on. Everyone is in the dark with this. Which probably helped with negotiations but even that has gotten old with people. As I said last night “
its “either accept this deal or go elsewhere“. That’s where things stand.
No shame on one side, no pride on the other

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back