2023 Cormani McClain CB Commits to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the one year sit out benefits the players as well in the long run. The fact there’s hundreds of players who willingly or unwillingly got into the portal and have no landing spot is really bad for the sport overall. Benefitting the top 5-10% of players and punishing the others. The one year sit out keeps both sides honest.
I also think it hurts HS kids as well. Again not the top 5-10% but the bottom portion, the kids that could have had a scholarship, prob not make the NFL but been a good teammate and maybe turned into something. When the 25 IC cap comes back coaches will always leave room for transfers so there are no more reaches, well that reach could be the difference between a kid attending school all together or not.

Advertisement
From ON3 this morning:

Speaking to a source close to the situation in Lakeland on Wednesday morning, it appears that Miami remains an option.

“He’s committed to Miami still but is playing the game,” . “I know how secretive the kid is. I think they are still waiting (to make a final decision). If they knew what they were going to do they would have announced it already.”

The source also said that not only did McClain keep Miami coaches in the dark about his Colorado visit, but he also kept the Lakeland High coaching staff in the dark. The net result of that was Miami sending up its entire defensive staff to Lakeland High on Friday unaware that McClain was already on his way to Boulder,

“Nobody knew anything about it,” the source said. “He’s just having fun.”

The source also said that a film crew has begun following McClain around, apparently part of a documentary that his mother told a reporter about back in December. It was described as “a group” of camera people by the source.

It all makes for quite the recruitment.

This is the recipe so far: Top recruit + secrecy + documentary = chaos.

Oh, and let’s also throw this in: Per the source, apparently the McClain family was unaware that he couldn’t sign anywhere Jan. 15. Originally Cormani was telling people that he would be signing this past Sunday.

Of course, that was impossible. The three-day December signing window had long since passed. And the next window to sign a binding letter-of-intent doesn’t start until Feb. 1.

“I don’t think they realized that,” the source said.

Now there will likely be a couple of more weeks of drama, as Miami apparently will still take McClain if he opts to stick with his commitment.

So what will ultimately be the final stop of this bizarre recruiting road show?
Disgusting. Drop him and reallocate the funds. This isn't even big boy recruiting, this is stupidity and trolling combined.

eliminate collectives. plain and simple. the NIL was stuff was never supposed to be for collectives imo. it was suppsoed to be businesses that see the beneift in having a famous college football player as a sponsor (Raising Canes hiring Rattler, Kool-Aid signing Kool-Aid, etc.)
Yes. It’s all loopholes. By the rule Miami is the only program that’s doing it with a collective / business that wad around before this all took place. Even though it’s still pay for play. Other programs have “ collectives “ with fans paying monthly installments to help lol. That’s not anywhere near what this was supposed to be. It was meant for a kid to make his real worth on the market with his likeliness. But the brainiacs that cake uo with this whole didn’t think about the loopholes. Or just didn’t care.

I just think that is wishful thinking based on how you feel about the kid right now. I would be shocked if he doesnt pan out.
Definitely not wishful thinking. I could care less how his career goes as long as he doesn’t go to FSU or UF.

Something is really off with this kid and he is old for his class which shocked me to find out. When you’re getting burnt by Utah commits and weigh 160 pounds soaking wet…somethings up. He needs to put on 25-30 pounds…even if he can do that, it’s going to change the style he plays with right now.

He’s not a sure thing by any means. High high ceiling, low low floor for me. He’s going to have to seriously mature on and off the field to hit his potential

Disgusting. Drop him and reallocate the funds. This isn't even big boy recruiting, this is stupidity and trolling combined.
I posted when all this happened the Lakeland coaches had no idea what was going on. Everyone is in the dark with this. Which probably helped with negotiations but even that has gotten old with people. As I said last night “
its “either accept this deal or go elsewhere“. That’s where things stand.

Advertisement
From ON3 this morning:

Speaking to a source close to the situation in Lakeland on Wednesday morning, it appears that Miami remains an option.

“He’s committed to Miami still but is playing the game,” . “I know how secretive the kid is. I think they are still waiting (to make a final decision). If they knew what they were going to do they would have announced it already.”

The source also said that not only did McClain keep Miami coaches in the dark about his Colorado visit, but he also kept the Lakeland High coaching staff in the dark. The net result of that was Miami sending up its entire defensive staff to Lakeland High on Friday unaware that McClain was already on his way to Boulder,

The source also said that a film crew has begun following McClain around, apparently part of a documentary that his mother told a reporter about back in December. It was described as “a group” of camera people by the source.

Oh, and let’s also throw this in: Per the source, apparently the McClain family was unaware that he couldn’t sign anywhere Jan. 15. Originally Cormani was telling people that he would be signing this past Sunday.

Of course, that was impossible. The three-day December signing window had long since passed. And the next window to sign a binding letter-of-intent doesn’t start until Feb. 1.

Now there will likely be a couple of more weeks of drama, as Miami apparently will still take McClain if he opts to stick with his commitment.

Lol so he stands up the coaching staff (including his high school coaches) to visit Colorado…thought he could commit right after that visit and is currently filming a documentary but this writer implies that Miami is still an option?

😂😂😂 yeah ok. Not falling for that. Enjoy Colorado.

From ON3 this morning:

The only word that can describe this whole situation and the way this kid is behaving is embarrassing.

Definitely not wishful thinking. I could care less how his career goes as long as he doesn’t go to FSU or UF.

Something is really off with this kid and he is old for his class which shocked me to find out. When you’re getting burnt by Utah commits and weigh 160 pounds soaking wet…somethings up. He needs to put on 25-30 pounds…even if he can do that, it’s going to change the style he plays with right now.

He’s not a sure thing by any means. High high ceiling, low low floor for me. He’s going to have to seriously mature on and off the field to hit his potential

Maturity issues were mentioned by some folks before he even committed to Miami. I'm not sure Deion is the guy to get this kid to focus in on football.

Advertisement

This is the first time I’m hearing he is old for this class. In terms of the Utah Commit, you are really reading into that way way too much. At this point we are both making a prediction, let’s see how it plays out. None of the things you listed are concerning to me whatsoever and the low low floor statement is out right absurd. He may not pan out, that is what we are guessing, but the statement that he has a low low floor is once again absurd.

I posted when all this happened the Lakeland coaches had no idea what was going on. Everyone is in the dark with this. Which probably helped with negotiations but even that has gotten old with people. As I said last night “
its “either accept this deal or go elsewhere“. That’s where things stand.
I understand talent is talent, but if you're head aint right, you become a problem and the red flags are everywhere.

If anything at all, Mario and his staff cannot deal with this type of **** from one year to the next.

The bottom line is, either you're in or you're out. Dont ******* make a commitment if it doesnt mean ****. Yes, I know this experience is supposed to be once in a lifetime and the kids are supposed to enjoy it, but some things are way the **** out of line.

I understand we dont necessarily hold the cards, I mean we havent been relevent for quite some time, but clearly the money is there, so at some point we need to take more advantage of the leverage we do have.

Is this camera crew going to follow him to wherever school he chooses as well documenting his entire 3 years? I would be interested to know this answer. Because the circus could be the reason why some of the top dawgs (Bama, etc) arent going out of there way to try and recruit him again now that he is apparently looking around.

Advertisement
From ON3 this morning:

How anyone can read this and not come away thinking that his mom is a complete drag on this kid, and quite possibly an idiot, is beyond me.
Not being present for a meeting is a major red flag to me that a young person is not being raised with appropriate values. Kids from homes with mature role models don’t play games like this. And they certainly know the rules for when they can and cannot sign an NLI.

And kids like this rarely end up being as successful as their talent would dictate because they lack the discipline needed to be great. This is not the young person’s fault as we are all products of our upbringing. But it is 100% the faulty of the immature and irresponsible adult(s).

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back