2023 Cormani McClain CB Commits to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Speaking of Gators, does Billy Napier slide ON3 some cash on the side to boost his players rankings?

Wow their latest update they way overrated Gator signees, and made sure to drop McClain who Gators can't stand now.

Also for all the badmouthing of the Pac 12 recently, they are loaded for 2023.

Utah 10-4 return QB
Southern Cal 11-3-return QB
Oregon 10-3 return QB
Washington 11-2 Return QB
Oregon State 10-3 added D.J.
Washington State 7-6 return QB
Arizona made a nice jump to 5-7 could keep improving

Point is Colorado is going to get pounded in many games this year.

Yes, thank you. I think he’s going to Louisville.
Which is showing that some of the shine is already starting to wear off with certain kids. Coleman was a top 60 overall recruit, went to a HBCU, talked it up, had a decent season for a freshman then his coach does not take him to CO? Or more likely Coleman did not want to follow him and ends up at louisville after only one year.

Everyone is talking about his off the field red flags with how crazy this recruitment has been.

But he showed up to the All American bowl, got burnt several times in practice and then sat out due to an “injured” shoulder.

There’s a reason this kid is dropping in the rankings. He’s obviously a top tier talent but I wouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t pan out. Football is mostly mental and there are question marks.

Or the recruiting sites could be exerting revenge/pettiness for being left in the dark throughout this circus.
I just think that is wishful thinking based on how you feel about the kid right now. I would be shocked if he doesnt pan out.

Advertisement
Speaking of Gators, does Billy Napier slide ON3 some cash on the side to boost his players rankings?

Wow their latest update they way overrated Gator signees, and made sure to drop McClain who Gators can't stand now.

When your a new company and need subscribers you do **** like that.

Tbh I can't remember ever seeing Travis Hunter content via Barstool. Not saying Barstool isn't providing NLI deals, but I wonder when/how they're monetizing these supposed deals. Where's the ROI?
Because they’re not as far as I know. It was an idea/promise presented to them to get them some now money. And it’s been a month. Maybe easier said than done.

Utah 10-4 return QB
Southern Cal 11-3-return QB
Oregon 10-3 return QB
Washington 11-2 Return QB
Oregon State 10-3 added D.J.
Washington State 7-6 return QB
Arizona made a nice jump to 5-7 could keep improving

Point is Colorado is going to get pounded in many games this year.
I told people last year, that, while the Pac lacks a true dominant team, many good teams will give each other several losses. I expect the same for '23.

Colorado has games vs. TCU, USCw, at Oregon, at UCLA, at UTAH, at Wazzu. OUCH.

Nil should be 2 year contracts and then renegotiate
The best way to calm the insanity down is bringing back sitting out a year if you leave. Only if there’s a head coach change or a legit reason to get a waiver. It’s free agency right now and it’s hurting Cfb.

It’s gone from the program having all the power to the kid having it all. You get your money but you can just leave when a school / collective offers you more.

The stories I hear are just unbelievable , a kid has a decent year and he’s demanding six figures or else. It’s lunacy.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The best way to calm the insanity down is bringing back sitting out a year if you leave. Only if there’s a head coach change or a legit reason to get a waiver. It’s free agency right now and it’s hurting Cfb.

It’s gone from the program having all the power to the kid having it all. You get your money but you can’t just leave when a school / collective offers you more.

The stories I hear are just unbelievable , a kid has a decent year and he’s demanding six figures or else. It’s lunacy.
There has to be a level of accountability that the players are held to at some point. These are contracts that only one side is beholden to... I do think that the biggest problem that is tough to get around is that schollys have always been 1 year renewable. That would be the first thing I would point to if I was a player.

I told people last year, that, while the Pac lacks a true dominant team, many good teams will give each other several losses. I expect the same for '23.

Colorado has games vs. TCU, USCw, at Oregon, at UCLA, at UTAH, at Wazzu. OUCH.
That TCU game is @ TCU.

There has to be a level of accountability that the players are held to at some point. These are contracts that only one side is beholden to... I do think that the biggest problem that is tough to get around is that schollys have always been 1 year renewable. That would be the first thing I would point to if I was a player.
Why should players be held to a standard higher than coaches, administrators, support staff, and everyone else much less responsible for the money-making behemoth college football has turned into?

Advertisement
Why should players be held to a standard higher than coaches, administrators, support staff, and everyone else much less responsible for the money-making behemoth college football has turned into?
You are right and what I was alluding to in my post. This needs to be fixed but the biggest hurdle here is exactly what you posted. For decades the schools held all the power, now that the kids hold all the power, now they want to change it? If I was a player, Id tell them to kick rocks as well.

Dead *** though someone mentioned it Deon 2-0 vs Mario. So this is the one guy that's going to beat Mario on the trail. He can beat everyone else but he's going to have to beat Deon on the trail eventually.
But you are only assuming that because those were the two most publicized. He has made it a point that for seemingly any kid in the top 300, he wants to recruit under the radar. Remember everyone freaking out that Antione was flipping to CO? There was def smoke and he signed with us so why is that not a win for Mario? I also know of at least one more player he reached out to that did not entertain him and stuck with Mario. Deon never makes it public who he is recruiting so everything is a surprise with a "wow" factor and if the kid does not end up there it is not a "loss" because no one knew about it.

Dont get me wrong, Coleman we wanted and Cormani we wanted, if we lost both, it is a loss, no matter what way you spin it. We also wanted Baxter but lost him to Texas so is Mario 0-1 against Sark? We wanted Damon WIlson, is Mario 0-1 against Smart? We wanted ****ey, is Mario 0-1 against Lanning? Unsure why only the close recruiting battles matter and if Mario has built such a strong relationship kids are telling other coaches to f-off but does not get credit for that because it did not go down to the wire.

Advertisement

It’s gone from the program having all the power to the kid having it all. You get your money but you can just leave when a school / collective offers you more.

I hear you. The goal is to find a balance.

I would bring it back like you suggested but add in that if your position coach or coordinator leaves the school you are free to transfer and be immediately eligible.

I don’t want it to swing back to benefit schools like Bama who purposely hoards good players.

well tech, the NIL deals arent with the school technically so thats where its tough but id just eliminate collectives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back