2023 Cormani McClain CB Commits to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
Colorado just seems like one of those schools that will play this game for now..but if losses start piling up and kids start not living up to their NIL deals..they pull the plug quickly. I dont see them wanting to be an "NIL school" per say. So Prime needs to market the **** out of Colorado because he needs to build the program up the ole fashioned way. With kids who just want to be at Colorado and NIL isnt in the equation. And pluck one 5* kid a year with a big NIL deal. And hope for the best.

As far as Cormani, for it to be 50/50 is actually good news for us. (if that rumor is true) At this stage, I think we all assumed he was all but gone.

As crazy as this sounds, I think once the Colorado high (pun intended) wears off, he will come back to his senses and re-commit to us. And basically just let people know he was in contact with the staff the whole time and "out of respect for the greatness of Deion Sanders, I took a courtesy visit but my heart has always been with UM". We have been on that side of the coin far too often ourselves over the years. The ole "last second courtesy visit" only to be let down in the end. (I.E, Jerry Jeudy, Dalvin Cook, etc)

Advertisement
Colorado just seems like one of those schools that will play this game for now..but if losses start piling up and kids start not living up to their NIL deals..they pull the plug quickly. I dont see them wanting to be an "NIL school" per say. So Prime needs to market the **** out of Colorado because he needs to build the program up the ole fashioned way. With kids who just want to be at Colorado and NIL isnt in the equation. And pluck one 5* kid a year with a big NIL deal. And hope for the best.

As far as Cormani, for it to be 50/50 is actually good news for us. (if that rumor is true) At this stage, I think we all assumed he was all but gone.

As crazy as this sounds, I think once the Colorado high (pun intended) wears off, he will come back to his senses and re-commit to us. And basically just let people know he was in contact with the staff the whole time and "out of respect for the greatness of Deion Sanders, I took a courtesy visit but my heart has always been with UM". We have been on that side of the coin far too often ourselves over the years. The ole "last second courtesy visit" only to be let down in the end. (I.E, Jerry Jeudy, Dalvin Cook, etc)
Im not sure it’s 50-50. I don’t think we’re it.

He gone.bruh trust me

Advertisement

It’s not that they don’t want to be an NIL school, but they can’t because of funding over the long term. Colorado is going full into Deion and “play for coach prime” and building up marketing because that’s how they can “in theory” build long standing success without spending as much. They better hope Deion stays long term tho.

It’s not that they don’t want to be an NIL school, but they can’t because of funding over the long term. Colorado is going full into Deion and “play for coach prime” and building up marketing because that’s how they can “in theory” build long standing success without spending as much. They better hope Deion stays long term tho.
Or that he somehow wins 7-8 games this year. If he "pulls a Mario" and has a horrible year 1..unlike Mario, he wont have NIL to fall back on to bail him out. Then the hype starts to die down quickly.

Deion is really advertising Colorado, so I can see y Cormani may be enthralled or intrigued w/ playing here.

He’s commercializing the program. Now it’s just a matter of seeing if he can coach at this level, but the marketing is definitely priority #1.

He is commercializing and promoting himself. Colorado is just the vehicle.

JMO - Not being an EE I think he loses NIL value for Year 1. He’s a 160 lbs and needed to be in a program by now with proper nutrition and strength program so he could be physically ready for the season. Especially with his aggressive playstyle.

But now he’s asking for over 3x as much was agreed on. And Miami still fine with it. No one is valuing him higher than Miami. But Ruiz ain’t paying until he’s out of high school.

And the big thing…he (they really) wants the money right now. Deion telling him that Barstool can work a media rights deal with the mom to get them a payday asap a big factor here. They hungry and I don’t blame them. It’s also Deion and he’s a CB. I get the connection.

JMO again - but I would just scoop him up for year 2. Let him put a little weight on his freshman year. Shouldn’t be hard to stay in the weight room in Boulder - too cold to do anything else.

Good dude Good family. I respect everything they’re doing. Let him do his thing. No reason to burn any bridges. Will always be able to get him in the portal. CU is nothing more than a stepping stone for Deion. There’s a good chance he gone after next year as well.
Good post, but I’m uncertain if he would leave after year one unless Colorado actually does win 8 or more games next year.

Advertisement
Cormani dropped to #12 in the 247 composite.

A 10 spot drop is pretty big up there.
That’s what happens when you get dropped that much on On3. I’d also imagine, everyone dropped him a bit after the all star game. Injury or not, he did not come out of there looking like a generational prospect.

Last edited:
Everyone is talking about his off the field red flags with how crazy this recruitment has been.

But he showed up to the All American bowl, got burnt several times in practice and then sat out due to an “injured” shoulder.

There’s a reason this kid is dropping in the rankings. He’s obviously a top tier talent but I wouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t pan out. Football is mostly mental and there are question marks.

Or the recruiting sites could be exerting revenge/pettiness for being left in the dark throughout this circus.

Advertisement
Good post, but I’m uncertain if he would leave after year one unless Colorado actually does win 8 or more games next year.
Even with the underpowered talent he's bringing in from Jackson, he isn't winning 8 there this season.
Those guys might have been good at 1AA, but in P5, its a whole other story of talent.

6-6 would be a major victory for him.
Go to a bowl, win, come back for 24 with better talent and run harder at it then. CU is a 3-4 yr fix, not one year.

JMO - Not being an EE I think he loses NIL value for Year 1. He’s a 160 lbs and needed to be in a program by now with proper nutrition and strength program so he could be physically ready for the season. Especially with his aggressive playstyle.

But now he’s asking for over 3x as much was agreed on. And Miami still fine with it. No one is valuing him higher than Miami. But Ruiz ain’t paying until he’s out of high school.

And the big thing…he (they really) wants the money right now. Deion telling him that Barstool can work a media rights deal with the mom to get them a payday asap a big factor here. They hungry and I don’t blame them. It’s also Deion and he’s a CB. I get the connection.

JMO again - but I would just scoop him up for year 2. Let him put a little weight on his freshman year. Shouldn’t be hard to stay in the weight room in Boulder - too cold to do anything else.

Good dude Good family. I respect everything they’re doing. Let him do his thing. No reason to burn any bridges. Will always be able to get him in the portal. CU is nothing more than a stepping stone for Deion. There’s a good chance he gone after next year as well.
Tbh I can't remember ever seeing Travis Hunter content via Barstool. Not saying Barstool isn't providing NLI deals, but I wonder when/how they're monetizing these supposed deals. Where's the ROI?

Or that he somehow wins 7-8 games this year. If he "pulls a Mario" and has a horrible year 1..unlike Mario, he wont have NIL to fall back on to bail him out. Then the hype starts to die down quickly.
I’d be mad impressed if they can jump to 7-8 wins, but for Colorado sake that probably means Deion would get a better job and leave after year 2

Advertisement

I’m not sure they’ll be scared away by Ls.

Apparently they built a $150M+ facility for a team that’s been less relevant than Miami… that tells me they have people w deep pockets willing to do throw their money away on football. I could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back