2023 Cormani McClain CB Commits to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Mario brings the entire defensive staff unannounced with a kid who’s committed and doesn’t tell him? Please stop it.

Let’s say that’s true then why would the kid lie and say he was in Tampa?

Why visit somewhere in secret when you are committed to another school unless you’re being deceitful?

Bain took a visit to FSU…You don’t think the staff knew he wouldn’t be available that weekend? And Bain didn’t even verbally commit at the time he took the visit.

Sometimes you have to see someone for what he is….a troll.
did i state im saying they came on their own? im asking the question. it was stated that mario felt something was up and sent the staff up there and he wasnt there. you could say you dont know if we planned it out or he ghosted them. idk which is the case which is why i asked.

remember, we went in home right before he was planning on or thinking about visiting Bama to stop that visit.

either way, i dont blame an unsigned kid for taking visits. id use all of them and enjoy it. if he lied to the staff, then yeah its messed up esp w his relationship w dvd and mario. either way, this will end up on NSD and we can all move on

Advertisement
So again, it sounds as if the deal ultimately fell apart due to McClain wanting Cristobal to follow through on his promise that DVD would be the on-field coach.

Correct me if I'm wrong here on the narrative you laid out. Just before he was supposed to sign, Colorado came in with a NIL deal that was bigger than Miami's. McClain told UM about the Colorado offer and that he may want to delay signing to think about it (he didn't decommit though). Miami matched the offer. McClain then asked for one more thing- that DVD get moved to an on-field coach. This was something that had already been directly promised to him by Cristobal. Cristobal had also told DVD he'd be an on-field coach.

But this "demand" - which was basically making sure his CB coach was locked in (so he could avoid having to request a release from his commitment if Cristobal chose to keep Addae as the CB coach) was just a bridge too far because it messed with Cristobals timetable.
cribby said it wasnt one thing but muliple things. he did say that mario did promise him that dvd would be his on field coach or at least an off field. he doubled down on it too which means it as close to true as it could be. cribby also said he should come if mario follows up on his promise. he did visit UC which he said deion was in his ear the moment he took the UC job.

I haven’t ever really watched his film but that’s only cause I was waiting til he signed the dotted line. From what I have seen tho all the generational talk is much overblown. I do think he’s a top tier cover corner prospect tho. I think I still take PS2 over him pretty easily
Fully agreed. I had not seen a high school CB built like an NFL CB who could move as well as PS2.

I thought he was a TE when I saw him live.

Advertisement
cribby also said he should come if mario follows up on his promise

So Cristobal was planning on moving DVD to an on-field position anyways, and McClain likely would have signed if Cristobal had followed through with his promise. I guess posters here think McClains request was completely outrageous because Cristobal would have to move up his timetable slightly. Seems like a pretty weak reason to lose the #2 recruit in the country.

Advertisement
Why is it Gator logic to say it's probably not a good fit at this point?

I didn't say, "good riddance, we never needed him!!!!!". I'm saying he'll probably be great but it just doesn't make sense for Miami to keep going after him at this point. It doesn't seem like it would work out given what Mario is trying to build. He'll fit right in with Deion, and I don't say that with any negativity.
I’ll let Mario make that decision but I completely disagree that it doesn’t make sense for Miami to keep on going after him. If there is any chance, do it. We need CBs badly.

Advertisement
1673988605718.png

Advertisement
So Cristobal was planning on moving DVD to an on-field position anyways, and McClain likely would have signed if Cristobal had followed through with his promise. I guess posters here think McClains request was completely outrageous because Cristobal would have to move up his timetable slightly. Seems like a pretty weak reason to lose the #2 recruit in the country.
we went through that one already. cribby already stated that Mario promised him that out of his own mouth when Bama and T rob tried saying that DVD was leaving.

I’ll let Mario make that decision but I completely disagree that it doesn’t make sense for Miami to keep on going after him. If there is any chance, do it. We need CBs badly.
elite ones too. we cant keep missing out on the top CBs only to settle and since we lost so much at CB this season, well need more than just brown, brown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back