2023 Cormani McClain CB Commits to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is? I thought he was calling specifically, @HurricanePhilly a …….

cat kitten GIF
maybe-maybe-not.gif

Advertisement
IMO it's over. And it might be a blessing in disguise. The young man and his family have not been acting in good faith. You dont lie to a staff that drove all the way to your town to meet up and talk. You dont troll with your social media accounts in a way that impacts and disrespects the trust and hard work folks like DVD have invested.

I dont want that type of human being at UM. We need mature and committed folks. We dont want someone trying to use UM or other for a SWITCHAROO documentary with Prime.

Talking about Prime, how many kids has he put in the league? What is his track record? Zero. And I've been to UC, it is an absolute dump. Let's get another CB from the portal and move on.
Anyone that commits to Sanders after seeing the film of him kicking Pope from the team has a ***** loose.

If that doesn't convince you just talk to all of the Colorado commits he dropped - not that he had the decency or the balls to call them and tell them they were being dropped.

Last edited:
Anyone that commits to Sanders after seeing him film of him kicking Pope from the team has a ***** loose.

If that doesn't convince you just talk to all of the Colorado commits he dropped - not that he had the decency or the balls to call them and tell them they were being dropped.

Agreed. It was an execution of sorts. It was cold.

Mario isn't Mike Norvell. Cormani left the lot without buying the used car, we're still in the driver's seat.
Don't think we are in the driver's seat. U don't have a second announcement to recommit to the same school u committed to. U want to shock the world (which the world isn't watching no one cares) u pick the bum *** buffalos which wouldn't shock anyone

Advertisement
There is no way Sanders is there more than 2 years. 1 results are gonna smack him in the face and 2 if they dont he will be looking for the quickest way outa there to the NFL likely. Im not even sure of him being such a great recruiter yet. Let me see him do a full class at Boulder. Grabbing 1 or 2 top kids is not something impressive. We grabbed the 2 top OTs that everyone wanted in the same class. Since its Colorado, i would say a top 12 class would be atleast impressive. Lets see how he copes when results have to be weathered like Mario did. Sanders out talented everyone in the SWAC.

One thing im not gonna do is downplay Cormani's talent because he likely gone. I said it many times, he is the #1 player for me. And like i keep telling yall, 1 year you mad u lost a player, 12 months later, he calling your phone asking if you got a roster spot. Like Singletary

Advertisement
Been gone. Once he didn't sign in December I've basically excluded him from the class. Hopefully this thread doesn't turn to Cane Tears when he makes his intentions public.
What kills me is his whole love feed will be hundreds of canes fans not knowing he going to Colorado. It's going to look like sour grapes for sure and giving him the attention. Canes fans shouldn't even tune in dead ***. He been gone, Cam Underwood was right once he didn't sign it was over someone got in his ear.

Just my opinion and having a weird gut feeling after following recruiting for a long time:

A lot of red flags with Cormani that I didn’t anticipate earlier in this recruitment before he committed to Miami.

Some of the film on him has been suspect (very Iveyish in coverage).

Throw in not telling staff about not signing, trip, other 17-18 year old typical behavior in which I question more the adult motives than I do Cormani, I am good with him either staying in the class and I am good if he moves on.

To me it wouldn’t be a devastating loss like Innis was this year, Jeudy, Campbell, or Surtain in the past. I’ll be happy to have him but I see he needs a lot of work. Boom or Bust type of player.

I am cool with Mario punting here.
Y'all tripping that kid can play man just because he isn't coming here now he can't play? Don't be gator fans and just move along Colorado got a good one

theyre 17. none of us were mature at that date. we cant use 40 year old sensibilities for a 17 year old

To be fair most of the coaches recruiting him aren’t mature either. Coaches and players are made for each other haha. In all seriousness, this is the nature of the beast called recruiting. We’ll be alright. Crazy thing is it’s going to happen again next year and the year after. This goes on every year.

It is? I thought he was calling specifically, @HurricanePhilly a …….

cat kitten GIF
apparently. Then again the "Einsteins" of this generation have also converted the word "cap" to being cool slang for bull****e. Saying bull****e or BS is not cool but saying "cap" is instead of saying bull****e or BS or texting K just K instead of OK because you know it takes too long to type OK and it is just cooler and hipper to type K.

When the world controls all of us in a manner that looks like Orwell and Ayn Rand had a nightmarish future child together we can thank all this idiotic dumbassery and the dumbasses who excuse it and just call you old for it.

Rant over, we may continue with our previously programmed McClain sucks/no he doesn't, mama is a hecubus/don't be talking about a mama, bristkets, bbq, amazing rock bands from 60's 70's 80's & 90's, muscle cars which decade is the best, final cards for Titanic on Feb 17, and of course Diggable Planets being vastly underrated.

And to add to the discussion, back in the day were you a 103.5 She or 105.9 or 94.9 ZEEEEETA listener? discuss

Advertisement
Kid can certainly play and I hope he actually does the shocking thing and signs with us, but if we want to recruit like a big dog we just move to the next highly ranked target. That’s what Bama and their ilk do they fight for all the top talent and if one goes somewhere else they just find one with a similar pedigree to fill his spot.

There is no way Sanders is there more than 2 years. 1 results are gonna smack him in the face and 2 if they dont he will be looking for the quickest way outa there to the NFL likely. Im not even sure of him being such a great recruiter yet. Let me see him do a full class at Boulder. Grabbing 1 or 2 top kids is not something impressive. We grabbed the 2 top OTs that everyone wanted in the same class. Since its Colorado, i would say a top 12 class would be atleast impressive. Lets see how he copes when results have to be weathered like Mario did. Sanders out talented everyone in the SWAC.

One thing im not gonna do is downplay Cormani's talent because he likely gone. I said it many times, he is the #1 player for me. And like i keep telling yall, 1 year you mad u lost a player, 12 months later, he calling your phone asking if you got a roster spot. Like Singletary
I look at Deon (I could be wrong on this) as a 247 star rating eval dude. Like dbs he will get but I think he's going to recruit off the rankings imo. There are certain dudes who like really break down film. I could be way off it just seems that way. I think he stays there or moves to a higher job. If he loses he will still get offered a better job just for the recruiting results.

Advertisement
What kills me is his whole love feed will be hundreds of canes fans not knowing he going to Colorado. It's going to look like sour grapes for sure and giving him the attention. Canes fans shouldn't even tune in dead ***. He been gone, Cam Underwood was right once he didn't sign it was over someone got in his ear.
Sort of. He wasn’t gone right away… but the events transpired right in front of our eyes.

He got offered a bigger bag in final hour before ESD (which he let Miami know about) - that is a clue he was still on board.

Miami (at first) balked at the idea (which caused the FALSE ALARM tweet).

Miami then realized he wasn’t bluffing - Matched the amount requested late Wednesday night (hence why Geo/Cribby got the info stating “he’s expected to sign by Friday”).

Well Thursday/Friday came and went with no signature. You know why? He/his team then had the BALLS to come back once again giving ultimatums… this time it was DVD.

By then it appears Miami wasn’t about to play this game (regardless of if DVD was in Mario’s plans for being on-field) as it didn’t fit the timeline of change.

From that moment it was clear, it was open season.

Apparently Colorado's First 5 games are @TCU,Nebraska, Colorado State, @Oregon, and then hosting USC.

Could have been a false report but if thats legit thats going to be even rough than expected.

Yes, thank you for articulating it a lot better than I did.

I don’t think anyone is as bad as Ivey with hip movement, lol, even someone in a wheelchair moves their hips better than Ivey.

Cormani is very fluid in his movements.

I question his football IQ a bit but more than that, his recovery speed.

I am of course deferring to you and @Memnon on his evaluation overall. I recently saw some of the highlights (I think it was 3 different ones), where he bit on a few simple moves by the wide out and was beat bad because he couldn’t recover.

But highlights are just highlights. They can make you look better or worse than what you are.
I haven’t ever really watched his film but that’s only cause I was waiting til he signed the dotted line. From what I have seen tho all the generational talk is much overblown. I do think he’s a top tier cover corner prospect tho. I think I still take PS2 over him pretty easily

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back