2023 Cormani McClain CB Commits to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like staff had coordinated and then there was family-wide radio silence.
I disagree, maybe you heard/saw something different but I never saw anything to insinuate it was planned. I think they got wind of something last second (the OV) and the entire defensive staff hauled *** up there. It was a win-win, either they get there before the visit and potentially shut it down, or they miss him and the leaks come out he is gone, visit to CO gets leaked, balls start to flip, blows up his shock the world moment, he stays quiet on his self anointed Jan 15th "announcing day" and we can work to rub off some of that recent OV visit shine.

Advertisement
David Lake's podcast was pretty brutal. He's

He's better than most are wanting to admit right now.

But that right there would get him embarrassed at CU. A true freshman over reliant on his athleticism, with a terrible defense around him, going against those offenses. He'll get picked on by opposing QBs. Fr season won't be pretty.
I probably agree with you but I don’t even know who’s on prime’s staff or what type of defense they’re running.

IMO it's over. And it might be a blessing in disguise. The young man and his family have not been acting in good faith. You dont lie to a staff that drove all the way to your town to meet up and talk. You dont troll with your social media accounts in a way that impacts and disrespects the trust and hard work folks like DVD have invested.

I dont want that type of human being at UM. We need mature and committed folks. We dont want someone trying to use UM or other for a SWITCHAROO documentary with Prime.

Talking about Prime, how many kids has he put in the league? What is his track record? Zero. And I've been to UC, it is an absolute dump. Let's get another CB from the portal and move on.
Does James Houston of the Detroit Lions count?

Less than 48 hours after tweeting this too LoL

I think the difference from then to now is Miami may have finally moved on. Up until the weekend, I think Miami was full steam ahead on getting Cormani. With his visit to CU and supposedly standing up the staff in Lakeland this weekend, I wouldn't doubt if Mario told them to go kick rocks

I think the difference from then to now is Miami may have finally moved on. Up until the weekend, I think Miami was full steam ahead on getting Cormani. With his visit to CU and supposedly standing up the staff in Lakeland this weekend, I wouldn't doubt if Mario told them to go kick rocks
Well the tweet was on the 15th which was Sunday when UM already knew all the stuff you mentioned. I think the difference could have been he went out there got a NIL #, he maybe made a demand, we matched or increased ours which put us back in the game and then he came back with something else and that is when we finally said enough.

Advertisement
From what I'm being told different sources, but mainly Barstool. The family has already been in contact with their CEO and what I heard back in December was they were in the midst of negotiating media rights with them as well. With the timing of it all, it wouldn't surprise me if this Cormani "documentary" we've been hearing about may have something to do with this.

Lies No GIF

Barstool will get zero content out of Cormani and being owned by a public company they aren't giving a college kid hundreds of thousands of dollars.

I disagree, maybe you heard/saw something different but I never saw anything to insinuate it was planned. I think they got wind of something last second (the OV) and the entire defensive staff hauled *** up there. It was a win-win, either they get there before the visit and potentially shut it down, or they miss him and the leaks come out he is gone, visit to CO gets leaked, balls start to flip, blows up his shock the world moment, he stays quiet on his self anointed Jan 15th "announcing day" and we can work to rub off some of that recent OV visit shine.
Understood. Thank you for the correction.

Advertisement
Classic title for a podcast by 247 they just released today
“Jaden rashada and cormani McClain and the wonderful world of Florida recruiting”

Understood. Thank you for the correction.
oh no not a correction bro, I was asking where you got the info about it was cleared with him from just because I had not seen it anywhere. The rest was me just connecting fuzzy dots.

IMO it's over. And it might be a blessing in disguise. The young man and his family have not been acting in good faith. You dont lie to a staff that drove all the way to your town to meet up and talk. You dont troll with your social media accounts in a way that impacts and disrespects the trust and hard work folks like DVD have invested.

I dont want that type of human being at UM. We need mature and committed folks. We dont want someone trying to use UM or other for a SWITCHAROO documentary with Prime.

Talking about Prime, how many kids has he put in the league? What is his track record? Zero. And I've been to UC, it is an absolute dump. Let's get another CB from the portal and move on.
this and please everyone stop discounting it with he is a kid or whatever. this was bad faith and disrespect. disrespecting adults who are working hard to do a job and also trying to offer you an opportunity is just wrong at any time in life. probably worse when you are younger. if you do not want what they are selling then move on but don't disrespect them.

Maybe mom’s teaching her son a principle: How to maximize one’s value. Not a bad lesson to learn. I’m all for it, especially if your family isn’t rich. His price point may never be higher ever again.

But just be classy.

May be true. May be the new way of doing things. Most of the successful men I know negotiate things behind close doors. (Shoulder shrug)

Even if he his trying to "maximize his value", I disagree with method. Doesn't show a lot of maturity in the room from anybody.

Samson maximize his value, but he wasn't committed and kept his recruit open. That's how you handle it.

Maybe I am the old man screaming at the cloud. I know one thing if my boys become super talented athletes. They will never handle **** like this. Take your visits. Evaluate. Commit to a school. Shut it down. Focus on finishing high school and transition to college.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I’ve never seen 100% of his highlights but I’ve seen some game film from him I was just kinda taken aback that you said that but I understand what you mean lol he’s not ivey ish in his movements though you’re saying he’s ivey ish in that he seems to have no recovery speed to you. He moves compels different from ivey tho. Ivey struggles to get going. I think CM sometimes is too reliant on his athleticism so he tries to do some wild **** and it makes him look more toast than he is
Yes, thank you for articulating it a lot better than I did.

I don’t think anyone is as bad as Ivey with hip movement, lol, even someone in a wheelchair moves their hips better than Ivey.

Cormani is very fluid in his movements.

I question his football IQ a bit but more than that, his recovery speed.

I am of course deferring to you and @Memnon on his evaluation overall. I recently saw some of the highlights (I think it was 3 different ones), where he bit on a few simple moves by the wide out and was beat bad because he couldn’t recover.

But highlights are just highlights. They can make you look better or worse than what you are.

Advertisement
Anybody cookin anything cool tonight? Trying my hand at peanut sauce chicken pad thai

Lies No GIF

Barstool will get zero content out of Cormani and being owned by a public company they aren't giving a college kid hundreds of thousands of dollars.
What does company being public has to do with anything? Do you realize that Ruiz’s company is public as well and he’s using it to give Miami players NIL.

I probably agree with you but I don’t even know who’s on prime’s staff or what type of defense they’re running.
Last I checked Colorado hadn't actually pulled together the money to pay Sanders so god knows how they're going to pay a staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back