2023 Cormani McClain CB Commits to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
1673968837352.png

Advertisement
dont think 247 knows where hes going esp with this recruitment. theyre literally just guessing bc he visited UC. **** visit Bama before its all said and done (my guess not a report) and im sure 247 will flip their balls there too. cribby said that his guy stated no one knows **** w this recruitment.

I'm not necessarily basing my opinion on 247. I already had the opinion formed as soon as he didn't sign in December as I mentioned. I've followed recruiting for over 20 years and I've seen this same **** over and over. New year and this same **** nonsense from these immature young adults.

I'm not necessarily basing my opinion on 247. I already had the opinion formed as soon as he didn't sign in December as I mentioned. I've followed recruiting for over 20 years and I've seen this same **** over and over. New year and this same **** nonsense from these immature young adults.

Yeah, I was happy when He signed, but I'm not surprised at the latest developments, we've never pulled an elite kid out of Polk County. And I don't think Ray Lewis was considered elite when He pulled Him.

What do good programs do if they lose a top recruit? They compensate the loss by landing another top recruit.....throw a nice bag at Singletary and keep it pushing....Miami can also use that Cormani bag to get a good portal WR, DT, S etc....can't worry about one recruit that we might lose at the buzzer...too many holes to fill at other positions...

Exactly! Just go after another talented prospect. I’m not bitter about CM. He’s great but you have keep recruiting talent. Bama lost him too but they found like 2 more 4 & 5 star DBs.

Advertisement
this isnt the first elite kid w drama in his recruitment. most of them go that way for every school. Dalvin Cook had multiple commitments and drama, id take him every day of the week. its hs recruiting w kids who change their mind every 30 seconds. look at it through a lens of a 17 year old and not a 40 year old. ****, im sure in HS most of us didnt know where we wanted to go for college once the acceptances came and probably changed minds a few times before finally paying the deposit (i know some that paid multiple deposits). he is an unsigned elite kid who has coaches calling him every day of the week. he also 4 OVs once ESD past. im sure **** use them. its not drama. its just recruiting. like i said, big boy recruiting involves the twists and turns. everyone wants him so you gotta close.

I agree with you that you recruit elite recruits until the end (drama or not). Big schools and big personalities are going to be involved with elite kids until the NLI is signed (and in this portal era sometimes they'll be involved even after the NLI is signed).

But you're talking in circles about the "drama" aspect. You started off the QP noting the drama in the recruitment, then near the end noted it's not drama but just recruiting. There is definitely a level of heighted drama/suspense in this recruitment, and that appears to have been purposely created by Cormani's camp. He was a surprise (at least to national recruiting media) commit to Miami (and had allegedly told FU coaches he was going there). A couple months later he pulls a 52 fakeout on ESD and cancels his commitment ceremony hours before it was scheduled to go down. Rumors swirl, but Cormani stays silent. Then at the UA All-America game, his mother allegedly tells reporters Cormani can't comment on his recruiting because of some sort of exclusivity deal with the media company filming his recruitment process. Notwithstanding, Cormani allegedly tells a reporter he's still all Cane. It comes out that he'll be signing (what, exactly, who knows) on 1/15. On 1/13 UM coaches head out to Lakeland HS to visit Cormani, who is mysteriously not on campus. Turns out he was on a flight to Boulder Colorado for a secret recruiting visit. 1/15 comes and goes with no signing ceremony (again).

That's ******* drama. It doesn't mean you stop recruiting him, but there's a ton of drama there.

I agree with you that you recruit elite recruits until the end (drama or not). Big schools and big personalities are going to be involved with elite kids until the NLI is signed (and in this portal era sometimes they'll be involved even after the NLI is signed).

But you're talking in circles about the "drama" aspect. You started off the QP noting the drama in the recruitment, then near the end noted it's not drama but just recruiting. There is definitely a level of heighted drama/suspense in this recruitment, and that appears to have been purposely created by Cormani's camp. He was a surprise (at least to national recruiting media) commit to Miami (and had allegedly told FU coaches he was going there). A couple months later he pulls a 52 fakeout on ESD and cancels his commitment ceremony hours before it was scheduled to go down. Rumors swirl, but Cormani stays silent. Then at the UA All-America game, his mother allegedly tells reporters Cormani can't comment on his recruiting because of some sort of exclusivity deal with the media company filming his recruitment process. Notwithstanding, Cormani allegedly tells a reporter he's still all Cane. It comes out that he'll be signing (what, exactly, who knows) on 1/15. On 1/13 UM coaches head out to Lakeland HS to visit Cormani, who is mysteriously not on campus. Turns out he was on a flight to Boulder Colorado for a secret recruiting visit. 1/15 comes and goes with no signing ceremony (again).

That's ******* drama. It doesn't mean you stop recruiting him, but there's a ton of drama there.
ive seen worse in terms of recruiting antics. none of it bothers me as long as the guy can play

theyre 17. none of us were mature at that date. we cant use 40 year old sensibilities for a 17 year old

Advertisement
ive seen worse in terms of recruiting antics. none of it bothers me as long as the guy can play

I'm sure there's been worse -- UM offers hundreds of recruits every cycle. But he's in that top 1% of dramatic recruitments.

I'm sure there's been worse -- UM offers hundreds of recruits every cycle. But he's in that top 1% of dramatic recruitments.
agree to disagree on the drama rankings but either way, i think everyone is too caught up in their feelings w this one. we need to let it play out and trust mario and DVD are as elite as we think and believe they are in recruiting

Advertisement
Majority of high end recruits every year handle their recruitment with maturity. Not sure why we need to make excuses for the ones who don't.
i wouldnt say majority. id say half at best bc there is a lot of stuff we dont pay attention to since no one really follows recruiting otuside of miami closely. Dante Moore had a decent amount of drama. ****ey too.

i get youre mad bc hes considering other spots, but no one gives a flying **** about good look. its about talent acquisition and only that. you want to be elite, you gotta land the elite. hes elite. mario will close this out and yall will be back to treating him like a king when he committed
He has all the physical tools (besides weight) but behavior like this has to make you wonder about his mental makeup and intelligence.

Just my opinion and having a weird gut feeling after following recruiting for a long time:

A lot of red flags with Cormani that I didn’t anticipate earlier in this recruitment before he committed to Miami.

Some of the film on him has been suspect (very Iveyish in coverage).

Throw in not telling staff about not signing, trip, other 17-18 year old typical behavior in which I question more the adult motives than I do Cormani, I am good with him either staying in the class and I am good if he moves on.

To me it wouldn’t be a devastating loss like Innis was this year, Jeudy, Campbell, or Surtain in the past. I’ll be happy to have him but I see he needs a lot of work. Boom or Bust type of player.

I am cool with Mario punting here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back