2023 Cormani McClain CB Commits to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
thank you. im riding w this bc everything about CM has been incorrect. I expect him to visit Bama tbh. hes got OVs left. why wouldn't you use them
Here is what I think happened. He wasn’t going to graduate early and Deion came in late through his contact at Lakeland who was close to the mom. At that point, they convinced him and his mom to not sign and hear them out. What did he have to lose? He wasn’t enrolling until Summer anyway. I’d imagine Colorado coming through with a higher NIL promise than us at that moment was enough to delay everything. Now it’s open with Colorado having the momentum. All conjecture but that’s the way I think it played out.

Advertisement
Cool .. We're good
Here is what I think happened. He wasn’t going to graduate early and Deion came in late through his contact at Lakeland who was close to the mom. At that point, they convinced him and his mom to not sign and hear them out. What did he have to lose? He wasn’t enrolling until Summer anyway. I’d imagine Colorado coming through with a higher NIL promise than us at that moment was enough to delay everything. Now it’s open with Colorado having the momentum. All conjecture but that’s the way I think it played out.

say this is true, do we take back the names we called Cormani bc he was simply taking part in the recruiting process?
Maybe the fanbase should wait on calling the kid/family names and assume the kid is taking part in the recruiting process moving forward eh? After all, there are pictures of Rueben Bain in Alabama gear on his visit as well as other of our signees on visits elsewhere.

Advertisement
Read Book Club GIF

Someone find the article mane!

His most recent one.

Just joking around with McClain, the subject of Colorado and Deion Sanders recruiting him came up. Without even asking McClain a question, he volunteered the following quote, and said it about as slow and dramatic as one can imagine.

“That…man…calls…me…every…day,” McClain said with a wry smile and a laugh. McClain quickly just brushed it off, which has been typical of his personality throughout his high school career. He never really makes a big deal out of anything.

It adds up. Deion tried making a big splash and gave him something to think about

Advertisement
Nah Man, if I was trying get with some girl, and agreed to drive up 5 hours with some some of my friends and she stood me up to see some other dude. That would be it for me, can’t trust a ***** like that and is just going to be problem in the future. Certainly won’t be chasing after her, but that’s just me.
This right here is correct as it pertains to a love interest but that’s not what we are discussing. There are some similarities but just some. In the end it’s your job to recruit and get the best players. It comes down can that player help your team and you have to take emotions out of it because unlike dating, this is a business.

Advertisement
Too many leaks in Manny’s tenure.
That was Marshall’s HS coach. He was pushing Marshall to UF ( for obviou$ rea$on$. Marshall was committing that Saturday , nobody knew. I only dropped the smoke gif the Friday night. That Saturday morning Ivins and Witfong dropped cb’s to UM. Which started a run of them. Then nothing happens that day. He eventually chooses UF out of nowhere.

The documentary thing is corny to me, but that’s his choice. And I have no problem with the kid shopping until he gets what he feels is his best landing spot - even if it’s not with us.

CU is a ****show and I hate to see him fall for Deion’s shenanigans but again, that’s his choice.

All that said, he should have never committed. He knew all along he would be entertaining other offers and overtures. Just don’t commit until you are ready. No one forced him to commit on ESD.

I’ll never support the ‘commit but keep looking and string people along’. That’s bull**** and there’s no defending that.
I’m always in the keep recruiting the kid camp until the ink dries..with this cat I’m still in that camp. That being said, this is a lot of drama. And how you handle things (not just the kid but the whole camp of Adults) matters. How you handle your school work matter..plenty of red flags in this recruitment. And I’m positive some on Miami’s staff is turned off on the whole situation..but there’s one man who CANT BE. And that’s Cristobal. If this kid ends up at CU, it is what it is..but mario can’t just back off..you keep recruiting until the ink is dry. Personally I understand why some at UM would want to just move on tho. If this was late November I’d probably say move on to a new target but keep it warm..but he’s literally the last HS kid so your really not neglecting anything by still pursuing him..and lastly fellas when it comes to these kids, blame the camp of adults not the kids

Advertisement
on top of that, **** straighten them out up there or they'll be processed. Wasn't Josh Jobe full of drama according to CIS and Saban had zero issues taking his commitment.
That’s different. He was full of drama Miami, not for Saban. I suspect the same with Cormani if he’s involved.

NO. There are two ways to handle your recruitment ... like a pro that treats it like a man or like a clown (and all those jerkoffs that acted like clowns seem to flame out 100% of the time including Josh Jobe who was a starter for Bama and an UDFA). Cormani has treated this like a tween girl.
He’s not a man tho..he’s a 17 year old kid..when you see mess like this..and it’s a whole lot of drama..it’s usually the adults surrounding the situation that’s the issue..I have a cousin who’s a TF at OSU..was underrated until his testing numbers came out summer of his JR year..then was a highly touted kid obviously, his parents both being fire fighters sergeants. Plenty of schools kicked the bushes but the camp wasn’t playing that ****..**** like this doesn’t go down when the adults are adults and handle business as such..the kid has handled this like a kid..it’s always the adults

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back