2023 Cormani McClain CB Commits to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
How did he run JSU when he was there? Did he coach the team well and give his all? That’s all that matters. All coaches try to make this game deeper than what it is. It’s up to fans to understand reality from coach speak/entertainment. That man didn’t con anyone. About 75% of the team were former fbs castoffs. JSU was their last chance. Again y’all talking about this man like orchestrated some Ponzi scheme. It’s only football… Naw it’s only recruiting. I don’t see why people get so emotional over this. There are so many kids that play ball, just recruit and develop. I’m pretty sure you wouldn’t care about Deion or HBCUs if he wasn’t recruiting Cormani. And has he made a decision yet?

Whether you like him or not, I don’t see how you can say he scammed or conned black people. He won games, brought positive press, new endorsement deal, more tv time, etc. He took the opportunity JSU gave them and made them one of the hottest programs in the country.

There's a fundamental difference between "I'm here to make JSU a winner and I will do everything possible to help this program succeed" and "GOD TOLD ME TO GO TO AN HBCU, I'M HERE FOR THE CULTURE, the WHITE MAN'S ICE ISN'T COLDER". If you can't see why one is flim flam, and one is a con job, then you are exactly the type of person that falls for the okie doke whenever prosperity preachers come through.

The best quote I've heard in regards to Deion came from Bomani Jones. Deion isn't a sellout, he's just a disingenuous dude that sold people a line of BS. He's free to be that way, the rest of us are free to call out the BS. No one has an issue with him taking the CU job, the issue is that he was always out for himself, the entire HBCU savior crap was just that, trash. He didn't care about HBCUs, he just saw them and those student athletes as a means to an end.

Advertisement
Tired of seeing being coached by the best when he hasn't produced anyone lol. Just because you were a good player doesn't mean you can teach. I've seen it plenty of times.

Was Deion technically sound, just a physical freak or both? I’m guessing both to be at that caliber but regardless, doesn’t mean he can teach.

What a profoundly looney human.

We have some exceptional ex-players and some who need to be institutionalized.
Colin has always been a jackass. No need to tag CM7 in that, none at all. Even though I'd be fine with Mario backing away from CM, there's no need to air this out. I hope Mario is recruiting that UGA CB hard, you can't wait for CM anymore, because it's becoming obvious he doesn't respect the staff.

Obviously the future remains unwritten, however I believe this McClain cat, while gifted with athletic talent, is not nearly as gifted with character or common sense.

Higher probability he is more cancer than cure for whatever program he ends up playing for.

Advertisement

Will Smith Reaction GIF

Slow Motion Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Advertisement
Obviously the future remains unwritten, however I believe this McClain cat, while gifted with athletic talent, is not nearly as gifted with character or common sense.

Higher probability he is more cancer than cure for whatever program he ends up playing for.
Honestly, I think his circle is toxic, I hope that he gets the guidance he needs from people that actually get it. This recruitment has been botched for a long time, and I believe that it's his mother and the circle botching it, not the young man himself. Honestly, I get the "Mom wants to be in the video" vibe from everything, and I've never been a fan of that. I will say this, Deion's pitch works best with single mothers, where there isn't a strong male figure in the picture. He's a BS artist, and as we've seen with prosperity preachers and the like, it works best on women.

Wish bruh the best wherever he lands...

I think it's goofy doing ish like this instead of being solid like 80%+ of these kids. But I get it, he's an 18 year old and boy, did I do some completely STUPID things I'd never do at 39, at 18.

At this point, I honestly don't care if he's here or not. I just want us to continue to keep churning this roster and staff. Bring in the best, if he's one, great...if not, bring someone comparable in to replace the loss. Recruiting is an ugly game. We stole some, it'd be foolish to think it wouldn't happen to us.

Go Canes and let's keep this ish moving in the right direction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back