2023 Cormani McClain CB Commits to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol the thing you're knocking Cormani for right now, his size from a weight perspective, is the same issue with Jahiem. He's having issues putting on weight too
Singletary is 10-15 pounds heavier than Cormani so if he isn’t big enough yet then what is Cormani?

Advertisement
Singletary is mid.

Cormani is a mama’s boy introvert who will struggle big time living in Boulder, Colorado (or anywhere else that far away from home), but if that’s what he thinks is best for him, go nuts.

He’s a first round talent so not getting him doesn’t help the outlook of the football team, but talent acquisition is literally the least of my worries with Mario. This will be a Top 10 roster by 2024, top to bottom. Can we find an elite QB (the most important position in sports) and can we find an offensive coordinator? Much more pressing long-term than Cormani, although I’d certainly want him here and anyone who says otherwise is a ******.

Advertisement
Plus the Cormani weight thing is drastically over stated on here.
maybe

but he won't reach his potential and the reason he's a '5 star' until he puts on at least 10-15 pounds IMO

I think some were worried, even when we thought we were getting him... that because he wasn't enrolling early that he wouldn't have time to put on proper weight for next season and therefore wouldn't make as big of an impact on NEXT season as we all probably imagined

dude will be incredible, but it might take some time whether he's here or somewhere else

Singletary is mid.

Cormani is a mama’s boy introvert who will struggle big time living in Boulder, Colorado (or anywhere else that far away from home), but if that’s what he thinks is best for him, go nuts.

He’s a first round talent so not getting him doesn’t help the outlook of the football team, but talent acquisition is literally the least of my worries with Mario. This will be a Top 10 roster by 2024, top to bottom. Can we find an elite QB (the most important position in sports) and can we find an offensive coordinator? Much more pressing long-term than Cormani, although I’d certainly want him here and anyone who says otherwise is a ******.
agree with everytihng here

I do think cormani will be better than singletary when it's all said and done but people said singletary was a first round talent too so you never know

if we land him and he's got the right work ethich, who knows

either way we will win the same amount of games next season and the season after whether cormani is here or not imo, and our roster will be fine

hope he sees how cold it is in boulder and says **** no

Singletary is mid.

Common sense here. Bravo. 100%.

Advertisement
Singletary is mid.

My guess is Colorado will work with the mother to move her to Boulder.

For sure I think Cormani has a higher ceiling than Singletary.

2023 is a big year for Mario, we need a solid season to keep the recruiting momentum. I think in year 2023 Singletary would be able to help at CB at Miami Moe than Cormani. He is already heavier stronger been in college a year.

maybe

but he won't reach his potential and the reason he's a '5 star' until he puts on at least 10-15 pounds IMO

I think some were worried, even when we thought we were getting him... that because he wasn't enrolling early that he wouldn't have time to put on proper weight for next season and therefore wouldn't make as big of an impact on NEXT season as we all probably imagined

dude will be incredible, but it might take some time whether he's here or somewhere else
I think wherever he signs he will take the field immediately. His frame should add weight easily as well in a real real weight and nutrition program. That said even at 150-160, he is just too talented to keep off the field. There have been plenty of slight of frame CBs take the field. ****, on this very team that don’t have an ounce of his talent

Reactions: JD4
Advertisement
Advertisement
cribby. multiple times.
Cribby is the goat. Brings a ton of great info to this board. We all should be very appreciative of the info he provides us.

However, from what I’ve seen from the insiders last offseason and this off-season regarding the coaching staff, making predictions, etc - NOBODY is batting above the Mendoza line. And now we’re supposed to know what Mario said to Cormani regarding DVD? Forgive me if I’m skeptical. LOL.

Last edited:
Regardless of all the details and truth in this ridiculous saga, I see it probably being a mix of the various theories put forth. The reality is that in the day of NIL wild west teams and coaches are going to work every channel possible to the last minute to outbid the other teams. If Deon or Saban were able to convince him or mama that they would be able to outdue Mario then who would blame the kid or mama. That is life changing money for a family that has never experienced anything remotely close to it. Yeah it sure looks like a troll job but not intended to be one. And yes I could be wrong

I just want a good OC. Mario has recruited this well with one of the worst OCs most of us have ever seen. He's never had an exciting OC or offense really, think how well he could do when he (hopefully) has someone there that can actually help bring in more players as opposed to having to recruit in spite of them. If he can then change his own reputation on offense, watch out.

Last edited:
I don’t buy the whole Cormani is the shy quiet type. I recall him being mic’d up at a 7on 7 tournament and you don’t wear a mic if you are shy. And just after his championship game he was still talking thrash to the losing team. Just my observation!

It would be great if he came to UM, but I think we need to have players who want to be here, willing to put in the work, and be a great team mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back