2023 Cormani McClain CB Commits to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Lulling y’all boys to sleep just to reconfirm commitment & sign in Feb with the good guys..

Clearly generating this off of an assumption . Money ain’t the flash rah rah type guy sooo mom dukes has to generate that aura around him. The game is all about how you market/sell yourself..I’m not implying she’s doing anything other than lookin out in his best interest but she’s just up with the times.

While I don’t deny or know if MC mentioned to Money about DVD being here and all that but I’ll acknowledge & say this..”what coach doesn’t sell these kids dreams at some point..?!” Lol

Ultimately..the “flirtation” with CU only to spurn em for the home team would also classify as big troll behavior lol..but only to them ppl over on the Boulder or whatever tf it is.

When you guys talk about the mean, what exactly are you referring to? This is what this program has been for a long, long time (besides a couple of seasons here and there). There's no regressing, the program was broke when he got it.

I'm not happy with quite a few things Cristobal has done and is doing, but if you thought it was just gonna turn around in one calendar year, then that's on you. And no I'm not excusing this past season, missing on McClain or the troubles he's having with the staff.

Advertisement
Revis I always thought was the best cover corner I have ever seen. He was playing in the modern day and shutting shut down with physical receivers. I always remember watch Terrel Owens thinking bruh he would eat Deon alive just off his physicality. Well he couldn't do that vs Revis

Agree. Revis was phenomenal. Had him in my initial response. I’d have these all ahead of Deion as a complete corner for certain.

Revis
Rod Woodson
Charles Woodson
Ty Law
Champ Bailey

To name a few. Deion was flashy and always done a good job with self promotion. Still doing it, but he was not the best corner ever. You could see it on the field and also the stats prove it.

Reason why Deion doesn't have the stats is because QBs ignored his side of the field. Not because he wasn't the best lol

Deion was a lockdown corner who didn't want to tackle but also didnt have to. He was a clear cut defensive boost to every team.

Tackling is a good aspect of CB play, but if you lock your receiver down in the first place, tackling becomes less of an aspect. Jack Jones can't tackle either, and he got Aaron Rodgers on an out at Lambeau field this season lol

Advertisement
When you guys talk about the mean, what exactly are you referring to? This is what this program has been for a long, long time (besides a couple of seasons here and there). There's no regressing, the program was broke when he got it.

I'm not happy with quite a few things Cristobal has done and is doing, but if you thought it was just gonna turn around in one calendar year, then that's on you. And no I'm not excusing this past season, missing on McClain or the troubles he's having with the staff.
5-7, and the way we lost 5 of those games and to who, is not who we've been..it is literally arguably the worst season we've had in 40 years+.

We've been more like a 7-5 team. That's what I mean by the "mean". We regressed because we went 5-7 and had 5 embarrassing losses and put up a historically bad offense.

5-7, and the way we lost 5 of those games and to who, is not who we've been..it is literally arguably the worst season we've had in 40 years+.

We've been more like a 7-5 team. That's what I mean by the "mean". We regressed because we went 5-7 and had 5 embarrassing losses and put up a historically bad offense.

Manny had them losing to FIU, LA Tech and in death struggles with Central Michigan two years ago lol.

If we were able to lock down Singletary, i wouldn't blink an eye here.

I posted in another thread that Cormani has excellent length and feet for his size, but in the college game he isn't ready from a physical standpoint.

All the other top CB's that were ranked #1 or #2 or that were very highly ranked that were stars as freshman were all MUCH bigger than Cormani.

6'1 190 plus, or 6'1 200 plus. Cormani's value is perception on the trail, and then in 2-3 years, after he gains about 20 pounds. His upside is sky high, but he isn't ready right now.

Also you recruit him, show him class, then if he portals you put yourself in a good position to land him via portal. He may get homesick, he may despise Colorado, he may not like going 4-8 as a true freshman. You never know, you just keep working.

Reason why Deion doesn't have the stats is because QBs ignored his side of the field. Not because he wasn't the best lol

Deion was a lockdown corner who didn't want to tackle but also didnt have to. He was a clear cut defensive boost to every team.

Tackling is a good aspect of CB play, but if you lock your receiver down in the first place, tackling becomes less of an aspect. Jack Jones can't tackle either, and he got Aaron Rodgers on an out at Lambeau field this season lol

There’s other corners that were avoided that still have better stats. However, I agree stats can be manipulated. So you have a point to a degree. Deion looked the best when he was on those super teams in the 90’s with the 49ers and Cowboys. He helped for certain, but wouldn’t agree it was mainly him that really boosted those defenses. I’ll have to disagree on the tackling. You have to be able to tackle at corner as well. Deion sure as **** didn’t help in that department.

Advertisement
Lulling y’all boys to sleep just to reconfirm commitment & sign in Feb with the good guys..

Clearly generating this off of an assumption . Money ain’t the flash rah rah type guy sooo mom dukes has to generate that aura around him. The game is all about how you market/sell yourself..I’m not implying she’s doing anything other than lookin out in his best interest but she’s just up with the times.

While I don’t deny or know if MC mentioned to Money about DVD being here and all that but I’ll acknowledge & say this..”what coach doesn’t sell these kids dreams at some point..?!” Lol

Ultimately..the “flirtation” with CU only to spurn em for the home team would also classify as big troll behavior lol..but only to them ppl over on the Boulder or whatever tf it is.
Worked out for Rahada and his pops too right. Had a bag then chased a bigger bag only to end up fumbling both. Parents taking the wheel of their kids recruitment more times than not never ends well.

If we were able to lock down Singletary, i wouldn't blink an eye here.

I posted in another thread that Cormani has excellent length and feet for his size, but in the college game he isn't ready from a physical standpoint.

All the other top CB's that were ranked #1 or #2 or that were very highly ranked that were stars as freshman were all MUCH bigger than Cormani.

6'1 190 plus, or 6'1 200 plus. Cormani's value is perception on the trail, and then in 2-3 years, after he gains about 20 pounds. His upside is sky high, but he isn't ready right now.

Also you recruit him, show him class, then if he portals you put yourself in a good position to land him via portal. He may get homesick, he may despise Colorado, he may not like going 4-8 as a true freshman. You never know, you just keep working.

lol the thing you're knocking Cormani for right now, his size from a weight perspective, is the same issue with Jahiem. He's having issues putting on weight too

Agree. Revis was phenomenal. Had him in my initial response. I’d have these all ahead of Deion as a complete corner for certain.

Revis
Rod Woodson
Charles Woodson
Ty Law
Champ Bailey

To name a few. Deion was flashy and always done a good job with self promotion. Still doing it, but he was not the best corner ever. You could see it on the field and also the stats prove it.
To me, Deion was famous for his style of making it look like a receiver is open and using his supreme athleticism to close the gap. There’s really been nobody else who could do that like him. So the idea that Deion could teach that is ridiculous. He is not a guy who can develop a cb with technique

Advertisement
Manny had them losing to FIU, LA Tech and in death struggles with Central Michigan two years ago lol.
Manny never had 5 embarrassing losses in one season.

8 yards of offense against Clemson in a half and less than 100 total yards for the game?

Blowout loss to MTSU where we gave up 500 yards? Blowout loss to Duke with 8 INTs?

Blowout loss to Pitt at home on senior day?

0 TDs for nearly 3 straight games?

45-3 loss to FSU at home?

Less than 20ppg against FBS teams and the most boring offenses I've ever watched?

I mean our team was unwatchable.

Mario absolutely lead us to our worst season I've ever experienced.

Thats the reason we not getting McClain because he wants DVD to be the db coach and they didn't do it. So in a way DVD kinda **** miami with getting McClain because he didn't get the job
lucious lyon wtf GIF

Well he let the cat out the bag so now his announcement won’t be as big which is great kid doesn’t seem like a true troll to me but still just play football focus on that to be great trolling never works out
Great kids don't act like this. Great kids don't disrespect coaches coming to see you. (And don't give me that BS he didn't know they were coming) F-him....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back