2023 Cormani McClain CB Commits to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not that concerned about the kid. Counted him gone once he didn’t sign. Knew Rashada was all about money and was unlikely to stick as well. A lot of guys on this site do this **** every year. Freak out about one player where losing sight of the good ones we brought in. Mani this year. Flowe previous years. Give me an experienced portal CB and Singletary and I’m satisfied.
We got our experienced CB from portal already

Advertisement
I’m not that concerned about the kid. Counted him gone once he didn’t sign. Knew Rashada was all about money and was unlikely to stick as well. A lot of guys on this site do this **** every year. Freak out about one player where losing sight of the good ones we brought in. Mani this year. Flowe previous years. Give me an experienced portal CB and Singletary and I’m satisfied.

Singletary + is necessary.

Advertisement
I'm not a recruiting guy - and dont know the ins/outs and norms, but it seems crazy that Mario and Co. would caravan up to his HS without any advanced warning. Did Cormani/Lakeland coaches not know they were inbound?
Good question. I have no idea what happened. I can only speculate. It would be an interesting strategy if he said he was not going anywhere and staff went there to see him if he really was there and if not, it publicly blows up his spot. @Cribby is this a possibility or too much imagination? Lol

I have no clue about where the money is coming from, but no one will get me to believe "Mom" (or any parent, more broadly) is a saint in this deal. My guess (and I seriously doubt that it's wrong) is that she's actively been pushing exactly this behavior.
Of course the mother is behind it. Never heard a peep about his dad which leads to believe Cormani is a son husband and she's looking for him to take care of her like a surrogate husband. Her announcing he wasn't signing on ESD was odd to say the least.

Advertisement
Listen, I wish the kid the best….especially if he signs here. But, travis Hunter was supposedly better than him and he’s not a lock for 1st round right now by any means.

Going to an unstable program with a coach who couldn’t even win when he played decent teams is not going to bode well for him. Regardless of the school. He will get his money now so it may be a moot point. But it will cost him in the long run aka draft day. He’s gonna get torched in Colorado…it will be like watching the videos of him getting beat in 1V1 because he will literally be on an island.
Lol hunter has played one season and both ways. We don’t let kids develop?

SIAP - classy move by Mario and staff

CaneSport reached out to a source close to the situation, and he said that “the entire Miami defensive coaching staff” showed up at Lakeland High today. The idea, of course, was to meet with McClain and make that final push down the stretch to make sure he sticks in the class.

Just one problem: McClain wasn’t at school today. Rumors are flying that he’s on a plane on the way to a visit, maybe Colorado or Alabama (including one report that he is indeed on a Colorado visit), or that he just didn’t want to spend time with coaches at a school he’s not going to wind up attending.

The source says “no one here has any idea, any clue” what he’s doing.
Nobody seems to know what is going on with McClain.

As for that anticipated announcement he’s been mentioning to people here and there regarding a decision coming on Sunday?
“From what I’ve heard I don’t think anything is happening Sunday,” the source said. “If it does, I’d be shocked.”

So the drama might continue. McClain at one point was supposed to enroll early. Not anymore. There were rumors a documentary is being filmed and he’s drumming up content for it.
“I’ve never seen a camera team following him,” the source in Lakeland said.

Apparently the Miami defensive staff was more than gracious despite McClain’s no-show. They could have been upset, left in a hurry, etc. Instead they stayed and spent time with the Lakeland coaches. At one point one of the high school coaches even asked Miami coordinator Kevin Steele what formations give him the biggest issues. Steele got up and started drawing it all up on a nearby white board.
“The staff there is great, that coaching staff is relentless,” the source said. “Those dudes are great. They roll with the punches, move on. They’ve been recruiting forever.”
The bottom line, final thought on the McClain situation from the source?
“This is what NIL was going to create,” he said
Wether they are good coaches or not doesn’t matter in this instance. Very classy by them. Adults in the room!!!!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back