2023 Cormani McClain CB Commits to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
SIAP - classy move by Mario and staff

CaneSport reached out to a source close to the situation, and he said that “the entire Miami defensive coaching staff” showed up at Lakeland High today. The idea, of course, was to meet with McClain and make that final push down the stretch to make sure he sticks in the class.

Just one problem: McClain wasn’t at school today. Rumors are flying that he’s on a plane on the way to a visit, maybe Colorado or Alabama (including one report that he is indeed on a Colorado visit), or that he just didn’t want to spend time with coaches at a school he’s not going to wind up attending.

The source says “no one here has any idea, any clue” what he’s doing.
Nobody seems to know what is going on with McClain.

As for that anticipated announcement he’s been mentioning to people here and there regarding a decision coming on Sunday?
“From what I’ve heard I don’t think anything is happening Sunday,” the source said. “If it does, I’d be shocked.”

So the drama might continue. McClain at one point was supposed to enroll early. Not anymore. There were rumors a documentary is being filmed and he’s drumming up content for it.
“I’ve never seen a camera team following him,” the source in Lakeland said.

Apparently the Miami defensive staff was more than gracious despite McClain’s no-show. They could have been upset, left in a hurry, etc. Instead they stayed and spent time with the Lakeland coaches. At one point one of the high school coaches even asked Miami coordinator Kevin Steele what formations give him the biggest issues. Steele got up and started drawing it all up on a nearby white board.
“The staff there is great, that coaching staff is relentless,” the source said. “Those dudes are great. They roll with the punches, move on. They’ve been recruiting forever.”
The bottom line, final thought on the McClain situation from the source?
“This is what NIL was going to create,” he said

Wow what a weirdo doing DVD dirty like that. Well that's a bad business decision going out there with a staff that has not proven to develop anyone at the position. At least Bama he would get developed by Saban or even UF with Corey Raymond he would get developed. But colorado bad business decision and culture shock, but hey kids make bad decisions every day and not one person is gonna stop this U

I’m with you but Dave is about making money and the business I don’t think he’s a fan of Colorado football or seeing them get to the top as much as he is making splash clicks like Travis hunter… Deion signing another top corner won’t be “shocking” anymore… the clicks won’t be able to pay some million dollar deal again
I started talking up Colorado for a reason. NIL and Barstool was mentioned. There’s other options too. Miami had a great offer so you better believe theres something big in the works if he chooses Colorado.

Advertisement
Deion is stealing him from us just like he did Travis Hunter from FSU. KMS…

Colorado will have the best secondary in the nation in a few years as bad as I hate to say it. I’m just glad Deion isn’t at FSU.
Lol how who they got at DB a bunch of 3 stars that went 1-11 last year. That staff hadn't developed anyone

Advertisement
Amazing to hear a Cane fan happy a high level recruit is going to play at another program over our own.

You say DVD hasn’t developed anyone well neither has Deion…

If Cormani was going to Florida Georgia or even Alabama I’d understand because they have coaches who’ve developed
They come out when things aren’t going well and vanish when all’s well.

Advertisement
I'm old enough to remember when CIS said we didn't have to worry about Deion.......... Yall dummies still here?

He's a great recruiter and charismatic. However he also told Auburn that he's got better things to do with his time than schmooze the big money donors who fund the program. That's not really an option if a HC wants to succeed at the P5 level. Every coach- including Saban and Meyer- have needed to kiss the ring of the billionaires, as unpleasant as it maybe. He's already a multimillionaire and could walk straight into a TV gig at any time, so I don't think he's suddenly going to change his tune about participating in the dog and pony show with boosters. Personally, I don't think he makes it to five years with Colorado.

I started talking up Colorado for a reason. NIL and Barstool was mentioned. There’s other options too. Miami had a great offer so you better believe theres something big in the works if he chooses Colorado.
we still have till february regardless dvd still got time to pull at his heart

Advertisement
You don’t think Deon won’t still be connected with Barstool ? He works there and unless something changed Dave will still be heavily involved.
Dave will be gone. Penn gaming does not want him there long term. I know some people at the director level at barstool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back