2023 Cormani McClain CB Commits to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
You post once a year, and this was it?

It's a NATIONAL LETTER OF INTENT. It has to be signed AND transmitted within 7 days of Signing Day (and the December period was 3 days long).

If a player signs an LOI, then recruiting by any other school would be a recruiting violation and/or tampering (assuming the kid didn't immediately enter the Portal, which is pretty impossible pre-college-enrollment).
It happened with T2 no?

the usual suspects GIF

For those who have decided he’s not coming and explained why you feel that way already, why do you feel the need to repeat the same continuously?

Why not let all others continue to be “gullible”, “in denial”, and or “naive?”

You guys seem to have it all figured out. Why not just pop back in when you’re proven right?

Advertisement
I just addressed your question in a response to another poster.

No chance. Has to be signed. Has to be submitted within 7 days. Has to be recognized/verified by the NCAA (see, generally, Jonathan Colon 2001).
I’m talking in regards to ESD. There was an expectation from Geo (and Cribby backed this) that he would sign by Friday that week… is there a chance he signed on that Friday and Miami has kept it under wraps until he officially announces?

hence the “sign” on Jan 15..

None of these outlets had any Intel before he committed to Miami. Are we supposed to believe they somehow have legitimate sources now. If anything everyone is playing the same guessing game. When Cormani makes an announcement everyone will learn at same time.

Advertisement
Why do people say he is having a commitment ceremony? All he said was that he was signing on the 15th. He didn't say it was an announcement, he didn't say there were other teams in it. That was all made up by that reporter who was switching up his words. Is there some other interview I haven't seen?
What’s he going to sign? He can’t sign NLI until Feb.
I guess he could sign a non binding grant-aid papers, but we’re not even sure he’s EE, so this drama could continue till Feb signing day or later, even if signs “something” on the 15th.
Call me skeptical, but I’ve seen too many of these recruiting circuses to know he is trolling to get more eyes on his new “commitment”.
Bottom line, Miami is going to be fine with or without Cormani.

I’m talking in regards to ESD. There was an expectation from Geo (and Cribby backed this) that he would sign by Friday that week… is there a chance he signed on that Friday and Miami has kept it under wraps until he officially announces?

hence the “sign” on Jan 15..

Yes, again, if he signed by that Friday, HE HAS TO SUBMIT IT WITHIN SEVEN DAYS. I'm not yelling at you, you're asking in good faith, I just wanted to emphasize that part!

:)

Yes, he would have had to submit the LOI. And if he did, then whatever school he signed with COULD THEN COMMENT ON HIM. And it would be advantageous to do so TO PROHIBIT TAMPERING with a signed recruit.

I mean, I understand the "building suspense" stuff, but signing (and submitting) an LOI in secret is just about the worst and most legally misleading way of doing so. And might even constitute recruiting violations, in that other schools are then pursuing communication that is otherwise prohibited.

For those who have decided he’s not coming and explained why you feel that way already, why do you feel the need to repeat the same continuously?

Why not let all others continue to be “gullible”, “in denial”, and or “naive?”

You guys seem to have it all figured out. Why not just pop back in when you’re proven right?

Maybe they are trying to "build suspense" for the eventual "told-you-so" victory tour...

(sarcasm)

What’s he going to sign? He can’t sign NLI until Feb.
I guess he could sign a non binding grant-aid papers, but we’re not even sure he’s EE, so this drama could continue till Feb signing day or later, even if signs “something” on the 15th.
Call me skeptical, but I’ve seen too many of these recruiting circuses to know he is trolling to get more eyes on his new “commitment”.
Bottom line, Miami is going to be fine with or without Cormani.
Keep thinking he's not coming...

Advertisement
Some cardinal recruiting rules will have to be broken for him to sign here

1. Lakeland
2. A recruit who pushes back announcement will not sign with team they were committed to
3. Making an announcement when already committed
4. Cackling like a crazed witch when asking if any other team is involved

Hate to say it but this whole affair with Cormani's recruitment screams Deion. The sad part, if true, is that it is requiring the kid to basically lie and put forth a false front to people just so he can make some dramatic splash for a documentary. If true, how can a parent enable this, and how can a college coach and supposed "leader of young men" encourage someone to intentionally mislead people just for one's own self aggrandizement? But we are talking Deion who tries to make narcissism a cool trait.

I am hoping it's not the case but if it is, I wish the kid good riddance. Could care less about his all world talent if he is not also able to bring some character and integrity along with it. Our class will still be fine without him.

If this turns out to be the case, he simply found a creative way to get paid and run along to crappy colorado. Basically, he side stepped Ruiz.

Advertisement
What are the rules regarding college coaches tweeting in reference to unsigned prospects? For example, I didn’t think DVD could tweet Cormani’s name whether regular tweet or retweet, but he did this evening. Don’t know how it works 🤷🏼‍♂️

I think a retweet is fine, but they can't initiate a comment. Like, Mario or DVD can't say (or write or Tweet) a first-time original comment like "Cormani is going to make an immediate impact on our secondary this summer". And they can't answer media questions about Cormani.

I listen to Billie Holiday too, but I was just kind of curious as to people that were in their 20s and 30s would know who Sade was. Sade is more silky smooth, while the sadness always comes out in Billie Holiday’s songs

And you had to have some Sade in your CD player in the UM dorms back in the 1980s. Never knew when you were going to "need" to play that music...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back