2023 Cormani McClain CB Commits to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
isnt DVD mainly getting propped up by the board due to landing cormani? That doesn’t seem like such a sure thing anymore

I do think he deserves an on field role but its funny as it seems like his popularity on this site skyrocketed when we landed cormani and ironically we might lose that recruit now

Advertisement
isnt DVD mainly getting propped up by the board due to landing cormani? That doesn’t seem like such a sure thing anymore

I do think he deserves an on field role but its funny as it seems like his popularity on this site skyrocketed when we landed cormani and ironically we might lose that recruit now

He led the horse to water. Cant fault him for the horse not drinking, no?

I swear I read on here that the DB room didn't respect DVD or some **** like that back when he was on field. But this place is a swamp of rumors and crazy talk. So who knows.

If DVD is capable of consistently bringing in elite talent, then by all means put him on the field and figure the rest out later. This assumes they actually close on Cormani. Otherwise..?

We have to do better than simply signing just whoever will actually sign. Even the best at teaching the position reach a limit to what they can do without elite talent. Get the talent and go from there.

Just give DVD the room. We’re a few years from winning anyway. Let him grow in those years, pay it forward or lose a homegrown talent.
This. We gotta look at this for what it is: a long term investment. We realistically won’t be competitive until 2024 at the earliest, maybe longer. Might as well build experience on our staff and on the roster. Mario is here until 2030 easily and it’s obvious we aren’t going to see a quick turn around

if you never develop these analysts that are young coaches, what's the point imo? I get it if it's a fired ex coach who just needs a landing spot while he collects a buyout, but this isnt that. if we dont give him the shot, someone else will and **** take his recruiting connections w him
Absolutely.
Not only that but he has played CB at the highest level in college and the pros not long ago. I'm sure that will lessen the learning curve and he would acclimate quickly to the role.
Plus, he'll have support from other coaches on staff.
I highly doubt he'd do any worse of a job than what we get from Addie now.

Advertisement

we may lose cormani possibly due to DVD may not be on field

When Banda tried to take DVD with him, I said let him go if he doesn’t wanna stay an analyst. The guy stayed and bet on himself and if he gets Cormani signs the paper, he earned a spot on the field. Period. Addae isn’t a good enough coach or recruiter to continue to control that entire secondary room.

Advertisement
I'd never say good coaching doesn't help a player. Or a shooting instructor. I WILL say poor coaching is confusing and can be very detrimental.

I'll just say the best bird dog I ever saw - no one taught him diddly squat. He had it. Loved it. Lived for it.

The best field tactician I ever saw never went to a military school - he felt things - he had intuition - he could see in his mind's eye everything in the field at once - and sniffed out opponent's efforts in advance just like Ed Reed did on a football field.

Good hires are intuitive and love what they do - and the numbers prove it.

Advertisement
He led the horse to water. Cant fault him for the horse not drinking, no?
Just you wait....if we don't land him...it'll be
DVDs Fault
Mario's Fault
@Brooklyndee Fault
Ruiz's Fault
Rumph's Fault
Butch's Fault
Addae's Fault
The Cakemakers Fault
Camping World Stadiums Fault
The Utah WR Commits Fault
@RVACane Fault
@Andrew Fault (because we can't Cuss)

Advertisement
I'd never say good coaching doesn't help a player. Or a shooting instructor. I WILL say poor coaching is confusing and can be very detrimental.

I'll just say the best bird dog I ever saw - no one taught him diddly squat. He had it. Loved it. Lived for it.

The best field tactician I ever saw never went to a military school - he felt things - he had intuition - he could see in his mind's eye everything in the field at once - and sniffed out opponent's efforts in advance just like Ed Reed did on a football field.

Good hires are intuitive and love what they do - and the numbers prove it.
war-balakey.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back