2023 Cormani McClain CB Commits to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I'm not saying that IS what's happening. Just that there has been talk about getting him back on the field as well. I just don't wanna play into everyone's negativity. If y'all think we can't have **** near any coach we want that's on y'all. Right now our priority isn't **** near any coach though. It's DVD. Pretty sure that's already solved though.
That would be a great tamdem rumph coaching and dvd recruiting.Rumph did a great of a job coaching mike Jackson,corn elder,colbert, malek young shame he got injured

Advertisement
if we dot have changes come first day of spring ball, we can come to that. for now, I have to think hes got something going on behind the scenes bc even tho he was a clown this year as a coach of the canes, he was a good coach at Oregon
Given the recruiting success despite lack of on field success you would categorize his coaching, in its totality, this year, as "clown coaching"? I think he could've won more games, maybe not his way, but he could have. I would have but he chose to do it his way to see who was about it and who wasn't and weed out the weaklings that don't fit. Clearly those guys have hit the portal and the successful p5 teams haven't raced to pick these kid's up with the exception of 2-3 of them.

Jury is still out and he needs to make adjustments but I wouldn't characterize our highest-rated recruiting class in 15 years a small feat by any means.

Given the recruiting success despite lack of on field success you would categorize his coaching, in its totality, this year, as "clown coaching"? I think he could've won more games, maybe not his way, but he could have. I would have but he chose to do it his way to see who was about it and who wasn't and weed out the weaklings that don't fit. Clearly those guys have hit the portal and the successful p5 teams haven't raced to pick these kid's up with the exception of 2-3 of them.

Jury is still out and he needs to make adjustments but I wouldn't characterize our highest-rated recruiting class in 15 years a small feat by any means.
recruiting and coaching dont go hand in hand. he was always a great salesman. he had question marks about his on field coaching. he is a better coach than what we saw but his coaching this year was some of the worst we've witnessed in modern canes history. also his style of O will not work in modern CFB either

Advertisement
Not arguing with you here, but help me understand this line of reason if you can:

Every time someone brings up Mullen for OC, we hear Mario only wants coaches and recruiters.

So how does Mario moves Mike to an onfield role which requires recruiting, and it’s been said he doesn’t like it, make sense?
It's not the case that Mike doesn't like recruiting. There's certain aspects I'm sure he's not crazy about. But for those unaware Mike and DVD are both essentially in the same capacity now as recruiters. He's literally been kept around for recruiting. His problem before is everything went through both the car salesman and the bartender and neither of em knew **** about anything other than system fits. He had no authority in his own room beyond coaching. He'd get blamed for things had zero to do with him. You wanna critique him for missing on his own players? Sure feel free. What cracks me up is y'all know very well those boys got broke off. So why do y'all ignore than the fact we know no one previously was taking care of those kids for **** here... It's almost as funny as the people who say oh look how basic Mario is because he lost to a stacked Utah team twice last year. Those same people say Lincoln Riley is amazing cause he can score with anyone while ignoring the fact he lost to Utah twice this year and routinely lost games at Oklahoma he had no business losing either.

It's not the case that Mike doesn't like recruiting. There's certain aspects I'm sure he's not crazy about. But for those unaware Mike and DVD are both essentially in the same capacity now as recruiters. He's literally been kept around for recruiting. His problem before is everything went through both the car salesman and the bartender and neither of em knew **** about anything other than system fits. He had no authority in his own room beyond coaching. He'd get blamed for things had zero to do with him. You wanna critique him for missing on his own players? Sure feel free. What cracks me up is y'all know very well those boys got broke off. So why do y'all ignore than the fact we know no one previously was taking care of those kids for **** here... It's almost as funny as the people who say oh look how basic Mario is because he lost to a stacked Utah team twice last year. Those same people say Lincoln Riley is amazing cause he can score with anyone while ignoring the fact he lost to Utah twice this year and routinely lost games at Oklahoma he had no business losing either.
You think the good guys end up with Cormani?

Advertisement
Lock Thread....

Advertisement
Advertisement
Perhaps I missed something in this mess of a thread, but it sounds to me like Mario may scapegoat Addae and go the UM retread route ala Mike Rumph.

Now I'm not suggesting Addae should be retained, but hiring Rumph simply because he is an upgrade over Addae is a head scratcher.

Makes me wonder:

- Why wasn't Rumph retained in the first place?
- Why did Mario go after Addae?
- Why are we settling for Rumph?
- Why aren't we targeting better coaching candidates?

Perhaps I missed something in this mess of a thread, but it sounds to me like Mario may scapegoat Addae and go the UM retread route ala Mike Rumph.

Now I'm not suggesting Addae should be retained, but hiring Rumph simply because he is an upgrade over Addae is a head scratcher.

Makes me wonder:

- Why wasn't Rumph retained in the first place?
- Why did Mario go after Addae?
- Why are we settling for Rumph?
- Why aren't we targeting better coaching candidates?
Nobody said Rumph is replacing Addae....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back