2023 Cormani McClain CB Commits to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
He hasn't decided if he is signing with Miami yet but the reason he hasn't is mostly because of Miami.
what did Miami do wrong that made him hold off
Surprised no one has asked this question yet.

if he was told DVD will be his coach before he signs or when he signs and we haven't done it yet, thats on us and our slow *** process

Problem is we've seen this rope a dope before. Recruit X wants us to do something before he agrees to sign, we do it, he signs somewhere else.

Advertisement
Man, just based on the 373 secondary breakdowns we witnessed, I’d move his *** on that alone.

That was the worst secondary play I think I’ve seen at the P5 level in my life. It was a complete joke, and that had very little to do with the inadequate talent we were working with.

That was some horrific coaching and preparedness.
Alex Grinch at USC says Hi

Advertisement
Mario isnt dumb enough to let DVD walk to the Noles for addae. I dont buy it.

A HC that is likely bringing back an OC who took over a top 25 offense and finished this season ranked 114

smart tom hanks GIF

Addae should’ve been fired and DVD in his place before signing day and we wouldn’t be in this situation. Fire one of the D line coaches and go get another secondary guy to help out DVD.

Idk why that’s so hard. It’s not like our secondary played well enough to justify Addae having full control of both rooms anyway.

Advertisement
Maybe you don’t care, but any decent leader would. Putting people in jobs when they’re not ready is a recipe for disaster. You risk ruining an entire position group. Now I’m not saying DVD is or isn’t ready, we don’t know that and I assume he is, but if you’ve ever managed or led teams, you know that’s an insane way to look at hiring and placing people.

Never put people in a job when they’re not ready. Never.
It's better to lose someone and they develop, and you bring them back when they are ready, than to rush them into a position and they fail.

Maybe you don’t care, but any decent leader would. Putting people in jobs when they’re not ready is a recipe for disaster. You risk ruining an entire position group. Now I’m not saying DVD is or isn’t ready, we don’t know that and I assume he is, but if you’ve ever managed or led teams, you know that’s an insane way to look at hiring and placing people.

Never put people in a job when they’re not ready. Never.
Clemson seems to be doing fine promoting from within.

You have to allow people to grow from within. Going outside for everything isn't always the answer.

Advertisement
It wouldn't be Mike vs DVD....They'd be a tandem for the time being I'm sure. Anyone who thinks Mike can't coach CBs better than Addae, needs their heads examined. I'm quite sure Mike would relent the recruiting 100% to DVD.
And I'm not saying that IS what's happening. Just that there has been talk about getting him back on the field as well. I just don't wanna play into everyone's negativity. If y'all think we can't have **** near any coach we want that's on y'all. Right now our priority isn't **** near any coach though. It's DVD. Pretty sure that's already solved though.

Clemson seems to be doing fine promoting from within.

You have to allow people to grow from within. Going outside for everything isn't always the answer.
this. also, there is no guarantee dvd or any other guy would come back. you brought him in as an analyst. hes been here for years now in that role. either you give him the shot to take the next step or **** find that opp an you lose out on McClain.

this. also, there is no guarantee dvd or any other guy would come back. you brought him in as an analyst. hes been here for years now in that role. either you give him the shot to take the next step or **** find that opp an you lose out on McClain.
He's already doing the the biggest part of what Mario wants and that is recruiting.

He has 6 years of NFL experience as a player. He's been in the UM program for a few years now.

Allow him to coach the guys he's recruited and built trust with.

Great coaches recognize talent and give them the opportunity to develop to their full potential. That goes for players and coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back