2023 Cormani McClain CB Commits to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d be surprised if changes aren’t announced for many teams here shortly. There’s always a lot going on behind the scenes. I know to many (not suggesting you) these coaches are just titles or place holders with high salaries, but they are people with families and accomplishing the desired changes with the least amount of collateral damage is important. Burned bridges in a very small coaching world aren’t helpful.
I get that, but no one is going to look at Gattis’s performance this year and think it was unreasonable to fire him especially after a month. It is a very highly compensated, results driven business.

Advertisement
I get that, but no one is going to look at Gattis’s performance this year and think it was unreasonable to fire him especially after a month. It is a very highly compensated, results driven business.
I agree and IMO, he has already been fired/let go/told to move on and we’ll be advised of such along with our new OC shortly. He’s been interviewing for jobs for at least a month. Those interviews weren’t taking place because his on field results had other teams wanting to poach him from our staff.

I don't even care if DVD isn't quite ready and learns on the job…

Maybe you don’t care, but any decent leader would. Putting people in jobs when they’re not ready is a recipe for disaster. You risk ruining an entire position group. Now I’m not saying DVD is or isn’t ready, we don’t know that and I assume he is, but if you’ve ever managed or led teams, you know that’s an insane way to look at hiring and placing people.

Never put people in a job when they’re not ready. Never.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Maybe you don’t care, but any decent leader would. Putting people in jobs when they’re not ready is a recipe for disaster. You risk ruining an entire position group. Now I’m not saying DVD is or isn’t ready, we don’t know that and I assume he is, but if you’ve ever managed or led teams, you know that’s an insane way to look at hiring and placing people.

Never put people in a job when they’re not ready. Never.
According to his UM Athletics bio DVD is already CBs coach. I’ll assume he’s an assistant like Jason Taylor is for DEs.

Hopefully proving himself to Mario.

But you’re right. If he‘s not ready, don‘t promote him unless you’re willing to gamble.

After the offenses on display yesterday in the Playoff games, hard to get that excited over a smallish HS CB -- no matter who he is or how high he is rated.

There were potential First Round DBs getting burned multiple times in both games. Offense these days is most definitely King! Defense? Just praying for an occasional stop, every fourth or fifth series.
This is the new argument. Elite offense can’t be stopped. Lil Stetsie has an elite OL, really good RB’s, elite elite TE’s, and fast talented WR’s.

Ohio State has elite QB, elite WR’s, elite OL can’t be stopped.

Last year UGA has some historic defense that when Bama had their 2 elite WR’s with their elite QB, UGA has no answer. Got shredded for like half a hundie.

After the offenses on display yesterday in the Playoff games, hard to get that excited over a smallish HS CB -- no matter who he is or how high he is rated.

There were potential First Round DBs getting burned multiple times in both games. Offense these days is most definitely King! Defense? Just praying for an occasional stop, every fourth or fifth series.

Tell Mario that.

And don't forget to mention the passing aspect of the game - throwing, catching, throwing some more, catching some more - just jog his memory . . .

Advertisement
Was DVD promoted?
6A23C125-F0FB-4E52-8488-3365B1F63899.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Imagine you are a 62 year old man and you spend your free time challenging obvious trolls to a boxing match at some restaurant
That troll told me to tell my GF to S*ck his d*ck on here 3yrs ago, under a different name. His Punk *** was supposed to show up at the Pre-game UM vs UF get together at ACE Cafe in Orlando. Of course his sorry *** didn't show. I stood there 2 hrs talking with @TheOriginalCane ....texting him to no avail....F-him....

Advertisement
That troll told me to tell my GF to S*ck his d*ck on here 3yrs ago, under a different name. His Punk *** was supposed to show up at the Pre-game UM vs UF get together at ACE Cafe in Orlando. Of course his sorry *** didn't show. I stood there 2 hrs talking with @TheOriginalCane ....texting him to no avail....F-him....
Man seriously though how can you let this man get you so riled up I don’t get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back