2023 Cormani McClain CB Commits to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
The signing of an LOI would allow Mario and Miami to comment on Cormani. Since it's a binding contract, I'm not sure why UM would keep that "quiet", it's not like a "silent verbal" where you would be concerned that another school could swoop in.

It COULD be possible he signed a financial aid agreement, but that is still not binding. That's usually something you sign when you want to half-commit to a school and have them "hold a spot" for you.

If he signed financial aid paperwork, can schools talk about him then?

Advertisement
The signing of an LOI would allow Mario and Miami to comment on Cormani. Since it's a binding contract, I'm not sure why UM would keep that "quiet", it's not like a "silent verbal" where you would be concerned that another school could swoop in.

It COULD be possible he signed a financial aid agreement, but that is still not binding. That's usually something you sign when you want to half-commit to a school and have them "hold a spot" for you.
Thanks. That makes sense. I’m assuming he’s just not an EE regardless. Is he allowed to sign before February for the NLI or only financial and/or NIL things?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Thanks. That makes sense. I’m assuming he’s just not an EE regardless. Is he allowed to sign before February for the NLI or only financial and/or NIL things?

I've talked to a couple people on this, here's the two options.

1. He DID graduate in December, everything else is a smokescreen, and he CAN enroll in January without signing an LOI.
2. He DID NOT graduate in December FOR WHATEVER REASON, and he can sign the LOI in February and enroll in the summer.

The financial aid signings tend to happen in fall, or when there were IC limits. Doesn't seem like much "need" to do that now.

NIL is a separate issue, in that it is negotiated and signed outside the framework of all the official-official NCAA and/or UM documents. Any linkage between NIL and other docs is because (a) that's the order the fam wanted to do things, and/or (b) lots of posters can't seem to grasp that nobody ever said that Cormani CANNOT sign his LOI.

You know this as well (probably better) than most. NIL deals can be signed all along, even once a kid is enrolled. Or when a kid is a junior. It doesn't matter. Now, MIGHT his LifeWallet NIL deal be his "biggest" and "longest-lasting" NIL deal? Perhaps. Might his family want to resolve that LW NIL deal prior to finalizing all the official-official NCAA stuff? Sure. But if Cormani does well, I'm sure he'll have plenty of OTHER and additional NIL deals to be signed in the future.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Haven’t kept up with this since signing day. What’s the latest

Still complicated. Has not officially become not complicated. He is at UA practice repping the U, not doing interviews. @SWFLHurricane will be on site at UA game to seal the deal.

Something like that…

And the 15th… allegedly signing with Miami on the 15th…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back