2023 Cormani McClain CB Commits to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taking Miami out of the Cormani equation, I really don't understand the appeal of Colorado right now as a top tier recruit. "Coached by Prime" is the dumbest **** in recent memory.

"Play opposite of Hunter" is equally dumb. That roster is insanely bad. They'd have no safety help over the top. Not even any decent LB and no D-line. They're going to get blown out far more often than they keep it close.

Its not like he's going to transfer his ability into Cormani or Hunter. He's not going to give them some sorta super sensitive info that'd help them become more talented.

This is way different than Hunter going to JSU, where he could out talent everyone in front of him. Joining that roster right now is going to lead to more embarrassment than success.
The appeal is more than likely centered around upfront money..... I'm not saying that it is 100% but it's more than reasonable to believe.... I know we have Ruiz and others backing us but that doesn't mean someone else can't throw a monstrous number out there for Cormani to consider....

Advertisement
Starts at 32:30 and Mike Farrell slightly touches on his role in all these rumors

and the host posts this

I don’t think Cormani signs here, would already done so. But I don’t think he’s signing with Colorado. Just media promoting BS for clicks IMO. Crazier things have happened in recruiting, so it’s possible but I don’t see him taking that kind of risk, when he can go where ever he wants.

I don’t think Cormani signs here, would already done so. But I don’t think he’s signing with Colorado. Just media promoting BS for clicks IMO. Crazier things have happened in recruiting, so it’s possible but I don’t see him taking that kind of risk, when he can go where ever he wants.
Gotta think it’s either us or Colorado at this point, the smoke to Colorado is only gonna continue to grow.

Merry Christmas, suck it.

View attachment 222279
angry little britain GIF
.... 🤣 🤣

Advertisement
The appeal is more than likely centered around upfront money..... I'm not saying that it is 100% but it's more than reasonable to believe.... I know we have Ruiz and others backing us but that doesn't mean someone else can't throw a monstrous number out there for Cormani to consider....
I think the upfront money is even for everyone despite what the Gaytor says because the NIL rules I believe are based on where the player lives. I could be wrong on that. Then there is also the under the table money which could be where the rub is but IDK.

Advertisement
That clickbait clown has no inside information about where he “could” go.

He’s just guessing like everyone else.

It could happen, but there’s one thing I know for sure, he doesn’t know. Any clown could make that guess.

Exactly. Same with this Colorado "smoke" and any notion it's "worse" for Miami if it drags out.

No one knows anything. Not even McClain. 17-year old kid caught up in the hype, the game, the process and the money—getting courted by all with seven figures being thrown at him.

High school coaches and people close to his situation say he's "in love with the process" down at Miami and everything that Cristobal is building... and that could be the same with Colorado. Or Florida. Or Alabama. Nobody
knows. Not even the kid.

What will be, will be. Hope this is just a blip on the radar and not a character flaw in the kid, as some of the antics and way he carries himself leave much to be desired. Talented as all ****, but can't imaging culturally this is the kind of player and behavior Mario is looking for.

Easy to look past when talking about the nation's best corner and second-ranked kid in the 2023 class nationally.... but this last-minute game-playing is pretty lame.

Exactly. Same with this Colorado "smoke" and any notion it's "worse" for Miami if it drags out.

No one knows anything. Not even McClain. 17-year old kid caught up in the hype, the game, the process and the money—getting courted by all with seven figures being thrown at him.

High school coaches and people close to his situation say he's "in love with the process" down at Miami and everything that Cristobal is building... and that could be the same with Colorado. Or Florida. Or Alabama. Nobody
knows. Not even the kid.

What will be, will be. Hope this is just a blip on the radar and not a character flaw in the kid, as some of the antics and way he carries himself leave much to be desired. Talented as all ****, but can't imaging culturally this is the kind of player and behavior Mario is looking for.

Easy to look past when talking about the nation's best corner and second-ranked kid in the 2023 class nationally.... but this last-minute game-playing is pretty lame.

Sometimes, it’s not actually the kid, but the people around him. And I’m not saying that’s the case here, I’m just saying that’s a possibility.

There’s nothing for anybody to do but let the people that are working on this work on it, and keep our fingers crossed.

One thing I know for sure, and that is - this is a top-notch class with or without him.

Honestly, he could just as easily blow out a knee in spring practice, then we wouldn’t have him for the year anyway.

You can lose any player at any time no matter how good they are, whether you lose them in recruiting or you lose them due to injury. This signing class is still a top five class, when is the last time we had that?

The idea is to stack chips over several years. And that’s exactly what Mario is doing, and he needs to continue doing it.

It has to continue for 2-3 more years for this team to have a chance to compete for a playoff spot.

Advertisement
That bark ring, though! Man, that’s a good looking piece of brisket, brotha. Impressed. How long did u smoke it & what wood did u go w?
Thanks brother! I went direct smoke for about 10 hrs before I wrapped it. Total cook time was 14 hrs plus 1 hr resting at room temp before serving.

Oak and hickory are my go-to's for beef. I like a bold smoke profile that smacks you in the mouth without being bitter, which is why I wrap once I get the desired color.

Thanks brother! I went direct smoke for about 10 hrs before I wrapped it. Total cook time was 14 hrs plus 1 hr resting at room temp before serving.

Oak and hickory are my go-to's for beef. I like a bold smoke profile that smacks you in the mouth without being bitter, which is why I wrap once I get the desired color.

Man, as much as I cook & bbq, I’ve never smoked a brisket. I’m finally going to get a smoker next yr; I’m determined. I feel like that’s the ultimate badge of honor, when u can smoke a good brisket or pork butt. I used to have a client who did competition BBQ tournaments in Reno, KC, & GA. Opened up his own restaurant for about 4 yrs b4 going back to competition.

Had the privilege to see him smoke a whole hog & break it down. I provided the collards, lobster mac & cheese, yams, & sweet corn bread, while he & his wife provided stuffed jalapeños wrapped w/ fresh bacon, brisket, shoulder & butt meat chopped, & ribs. It was a cool community send off, but I told him it was my goal to get on the smoke level. U just re-motivated me, brotha.

Advertisement
****, I was about to wonder how long it would take to follow 300k people. That would be insane.
I remember the day I joined Twitter and that night I followed all of the Victoria's Secret Models and all of College ***** and was put on double secret probation. That was maybe 40 to 50 people, so yeah!

I think the upfront money is even for everyone despite what the Gaytor says because the NIL rules I believe are based on where the player lives. I could be wrong on that. Then there is also the under the table money which could be where the rub is but IDK.
When I say upfront money I'm not talking about NIL.... I'm talking straight "Come here and this is yours" money.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back