2023 Cormani McClain CB Commits to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surtain was a better prospect top to bottom. Don't get me wrong, Cormani is great, but people crack me up with this 10 year or all the way back to PP days stuff.

Cormani is graded higher. Has a higher ceiling because of his length. There’s a reason why he has the ranking he has. He’s a unicorn CB prospect. If he keeps his head on straight and the millions of dollars he’s gonna get don’t make him lazy, he’s a Top 10 NFL pick in 2026, no question. Kids ranked that high at that position very rarely bust. Okudah, Surtain, Stingley etc

Advertisement
Advertisement
Watching his highlights ... kid is one of those ball hawks that just has instinct for getting TO the ball. Wiry, 6'2", long arms, can jump. Once the QB lets it go ... CM has as good a shot at getting the ball as the targeted WR and he had a ton of "pick 6's" in his HS career.

Advertisement
Cormani is graded higher. Has a higher ceiling because of his length. There’s a reason why he has the ranking he has. He’s a unicorn CB prospect. If he keeps his head on straight and the millions of dollars he’s gonna get don’t make him lazy, he’s a Top 10 NFL pick in 2026, no question. Kids ranked that high at that position very rarely bust. Okudah, Surtain, Stingley etc

We're talking 0.9974 to 0.9973 as far as their overall grade. 2 vs 6 nationally. That's splitting hairs.

Arm length, don't know, but Surtain was more physically developed at this point, carrying roughly 20 extra pounds and faster at the time. What's McClain look like when he adds that weight? His speed could take a dip or he could actually get faster, we don't know.

Again, it's splitting hairs at this point. I just don't buy this unicorn talk. Once every 10 years. Nobody as good since PP, etc. NFL pick for sure, **** of a prospect, and wherever he lands they've got a good one coming in. Hope it's us, guess we'll see.

We're talking 0.9974 to 0.9973 as far as their overall grade. 2 vs 6 nationally. That's splitting hairs.

Arm length, don't know, but Surtain was more physically developed at this point, carrying roughly 20 extra pounds and faster at the time. What's McClain look like when he adds that weight? His speed could take a dip or he could actually get faster, we don't know.

Again, it's splitting hairs at this point. I just don't buy this unicorn talk. Once every 10 years. Nobody as good since PP, etc. NFL pick for sure, **** of a prospect, and wherever he lands they've got a good one coming in. Hope it's us, guess we'll see.

All I know is he’s a Top 10 NFL draft pick, and having those guys on your team make you harder to beat. So let’s sign him.

McClain is 169 pounds. We need him to play early, he needs to be @ 180 by texas A&M week
So, he's gained four pounds. Most I've seen him listed at is 165. On a 6'2 frame, pretty skinny right now to take the physical pounding.

Seems to have every other CB attribute to greatly excel. How easily can he put on weight is the open question. Some players have trouble doing that, or keeping it on. Then again, we've got 200+ DBs who can't tackle well, and regularly get run over/dragged for an extra 5 yds after contact

Advertisement
Advertisement
Cormani would be by far the lightest bigtime CB to contribute early from a top rankings perspective.

Surtain was 200 pounds his freshman year at Alabama
Campbell was listed 180
Stingley was around 200
Ringo was over 200
Starks was listed at 199

Hoping Mario and DVD can pull this one out like Tom Brady down 14 in the 4th quarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back