2023 Cormani McClain CB Commits to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
All this conspiracy theories and what not, does not explain why he didn’t sign!!

Seems there is no good explanation being offered for that

If the transcript stuff is accurate, a scenario like the following could make sense. As an EE, he could have started getting paid in January, but with the credit issue, that gets put way off to the late spring/ summer.

I don’t know how the rules (Florida law) work on this, but signing might prevent him from legally getting paid longer than he would like.

Maybe they are working on a way to change his residency status so he can get the credits and start getting paid sooner?

Advertisement
Statistics and the laws of probability on this one….no bueno. Love to be wrong.
I would be as shocked if he sign here, as I was when he initially committed.
I guess it’s possible, but I don’t think it’s probable.
By the time his recruitment is over, his NIL will be so ludicrous that it won’t be worth it and we’ll end up walking away IMO. Some desperate team will pony up the funds to get him though, it just won’t be Miami. Our recruiting is going really well and we’re not going to be held hostage by some astronomical NIL for one cornerback.
This just my prediction how I see things shaking out but I know Miami will be fine with or without Cormani.

folks should just enjoy Christmas and looks like we have something to look forward to on NSD in Feb. Enjoy the good great signed class, thank those that provide what they can as far as information, be humble in what you say to others, and try to be nicer to each other. It's much harder being nicer to others than being rude, so all let's try harder being a bit nicer and not taking the easy way out by being rude to each other.

Just my two cents. Thanks Geo, Cribby, and others for telling what you can. Have a great Christmas and New Years all.

If the transcript stuff is accurate, a scenario like the following could make sense. As an EE, he could have started getting paid in January, but with the credit issue, that gets put way off to the late spring/ summer.

I don’t know how the rules (Florida law) work on this, but signing might prevent him from legally getting paid longer than he would like.

Maybe they are working on a way to change his residency status so he can get the credits and start getting paid sooner?
This is what I posted a few minutes ago.
The only way he can get paid is if he enrolls.
But he could still sign.
Changing the contracts to say he can get paid after he enrolls instead of a set date of enrollment would be pretty easy considering that Ruiz has a team of lawyers on it.

There are probably freshman right now that are enrolled in one of the Florida schools and are getting nil checks cause they have a class schedule.

Advertisement
Y’all are not thinking through the insinuations for “checks bouncing.” We cannot pay this kid before he is a student under state law to my understanding. If the implication is that Mani didn’t sign because the “check bounced,” then he expected us to do something that was going to get us got. Ruiz can’t just front NIL money or we on in deep **** … that’s a lot to vaguely imply on a message board

folks should just enjoy Christmas and looks like we have something to look forward to on NSD in Feb. Enjoy the good great signed class, thank those that provide what they can as far as information, be humble in what you say to others, and try to be nicer to each other. It's much harder being nicer to others than being rude, so all let's try harder being a bit nicer and not taking the easy way out by being rude to each other.

Just my two cents. Thanks Geo, Cribby, and others for telling what you can. Have a great Christmas and New Years all.
Season 8 Hbo GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

Y’all are not thinking through the insinuations for “checks bouncing.” We cannot pay this kid before he is a student under state law to my understanding. If the implication is that Mani didn’t sign because the “check bounced,” then he expected us to do something that was going to get us got. Ruiz can’t just front NIL money or we on in deep **** … that’s a lot to vaguely imply on a message board
My interpretation is he was going to EE and then start to get paid and now he is not an EE (maybe prior school f'd him) so he can't get paid until he enrolls according to FL law and is being mislabeled as "check bounced".

Advertisement
My interpretation is he was going to EE and then start to get paid and now he is not an EE (maybe prior school f'd him) so he can't get paid until he enrolls according to FL law and is being mislabeled as "check bounced".
Idk man. That’s pretty specific term to use and implies that Moni’s expectation was to get paid no matter what, otherwise why hold the signing up? The key factor no one is touching is that this happened in the last 12 hours before his signing ceremony. I highly doubt his EE status would have suddenly been discovered between mom’s signing ceremony tweet and the postponement tweet. The fact pattern does not align for me 🤷🏻‍♂️

Idk man. That’s pretty specific term to use and implies that Moni’s expectation was to get paid no matter what, otherwise why hold the signing up? The key factor no one is touching is that this happened in the last 12 hours before his signing ceremony. I highly doubt his EE status would have suddenly been discovered between mom’s signing ceremony tweet and the postponement tweet. The fact pattern does not align for me 🤷🏻‍♂️
Someone is starting to connect the dots.

You fellas have a Merry Christmas. ‘Tis the season!

Advertisement

With Ruiz and his law firm behind him, I’m sure they are looking at all avenues and this sounds like a plausible idea. Or open an LLC, Trust or other entity in California or some other state and begin paying him right away. But I can guarantee you Ruiz and Miami are not going to risk their practice, license, business, reputation. etc to get him his money early if it not on the up and up, no matter who the prospect is. The SEC on the other hand will have no issues dropping bags this week for his signature.

Advertisement
If he signs, then can’t enroll. He will lose his NIL money. He has to be enrolled to collect. Why sign and miss out? He would go somewhere where he could enroll. I got No inside info don’t know if this is the case. Just throwing it out there

Checks don’t always cash. There’s your answer.
So let me get this right:

The check or wire goes through for every other player in the class & transfer targets but for the one & most important recruit in a long time for Miami, that’s the one. That’s the one player they are going to choose to mess up and ***** up and not clear the transaction as promised?

Am I understanding you correctly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back